Old September 26th, 2013, 11:19   #1
Pointy

FAST Helmet Types/Manufactures

Hi

Looking on getting a FAST Helmet and see a few different types listed;
  1. MH Type
  2. DE-economy
  3. PJ TYPE

What are the differences between the types? I assume DE-economy is a cheaper plastic etc. Can't find anything via goggle that details the differences.

Also, any opinion between FMA or Emerson manufactures? Not really interested in buying the true Ops-Gear ballistic helmet version, at $200+ seems a bit of overkill for BB fire.

Thanks
Pointy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 12:44   #2
Pointy

Think I figured out the difference between MH and PJ type.
  • MH Type - No venting
  • PJ Type - Venting

MT Type

PJ Type

Old October 1st, 2013, 00:06   #3
thebreadbandit.

Not to mention the other bajillion types (BJ, PJ Economy, Carbon, Ballistic). Makes me go crazy.
For the Emerson vs. FMA debate, I see the general consensus vouching for Emerson. Perhaps it's a slightly better quality plastic? Who knows.
From my research it seems the "DE-Economy" is the cheapest, most basic version of the FAST helmet, hence the "Economy" = economical.
I recently ordered an Emerson FAST US Navy SEAL PJ bucket, mostly out of cost and gut-instinct. I'll update you once it comes in.

Last edited by thebreadbandit.; October 1st, 2013 at 00:11..
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 00:16   #4
Pointy

I actually order the exact same helmet, from Shooter Comber Gear. I just hope it fits, or I will be on the buy-n-sell here.
Old October 1st, 2013, 00:57   #5
DAS BOOT
Das_Hooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointy View Post
I actually order the exact same helmet, from Shooter Comber Gear. I just hope it fits, or I will be on the buy-n-sell here.
To let you know, FMA will be releasing their Carbon-material Airframe headbucket. Thats another thing to look forward to.
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:00   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I just bought a real one, not really that expensive, then again its not a ballistic helmet either.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 12:34   #7
thebreadbandit.

Why u no mention dis before i order?!
thebreadbandit. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 13:28   #8
Stealthee
a.k.a. cloaked

I want to get one in small, but they only have it in the carbon/ballistic version. Anyone know if there's an airsoft version in that size, because the only ones I've found are large/extra large.

EDIT: Disregard the part about the carbon/ballistic helmets.

Last edited by Stealthee; October 8th, 2013 at 14:16..
Stealthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 16:05   #9
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
AirsoftPeak has quite a selection of Emerson FAST helmets. I got one from them when they were still AirsoftPark last fall for around $80 shipped and, if I'm not mistaken, all of their helmet sizes for the FAST style helmets are small/medium size. I have a large head and still fit, just barely, but I fit. Can get a tad uncomfortable doing 18 hour MILSIMs with it, but has saved my head in many occasions from taking a hard knock or stiff shot from BBs. I'm sure getting an "upgraded" padding set would completely nullify this minor inconvenience.
Old October 8th, 2013, 21:03   #10
HackD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack The Ripper View Post
AirsoftPeak has quite a selection of Emerson FAST helmets. I got one from them when they were still AirsoftPark last fall for around $80 shipped and, if I'm not mistaken, all of their helmet sizes for the FAST style helmets are small/medium size. I have a large head and still fit, just barely, but I fit. Can get a tad uncomfortable doing 18 hour MILSIMs with it, but has saved my head in many occasions from taking a hard knock or stiff shot from BBs. I'm sure getting an "upgraded" padding set would completely nullify this minor inconvenience.
I think i have one of those, sourced from airsoftdepot when they first came out. Same deal here, and basically it's Asian sizing..

It took the internals modded from an old motorcycle helmet, and a lengthened "upgrade" strap-kit in order to make it useable on my pointy melon. I do prefer a Mich2000 to it however, for airsoft. I do use it as an occasional mountain-bike/motorized bicycle helmet (black carbon model - rails come in handy for illumination attachments at night!).

Last edited by HackD; October 8th, 2013 at 21:06..
HackD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2013, 20:48   #11
Rossco66

Has anyone tried pthelmets.com ? They seem to be able to accommodate larger noggins like mine. Most helmets at stores are way too small for my 7 5/8 noggin. The only issues seems to be that they only offer the PJ style with the open vents which may not be so nice in bad weather.
Rossco66 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion