Snipers Corner

:

Other Regions

Old February 5th, 2006, 22:21   #16
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Field_Gunner
I think a big thing to do is get a stock M24, M40 and APS2 and some different spings and chrony them to show people who are up-grading what spring will do what, it was done with eag's why not sniper rifles?
or if everyone chips in and shows what they have in there rifle then it would probably grow even faster.
I believe Paul is in the process of doing something simmilar to that, but with his APS, using different springs and sniper bb's. Its a long process but it is worth the work in the end, we will have to wait and see the results....damm winter :-(
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:22   #17
Jar|-|ead
Banned

NICE!!!...well i got a full metal m4 with a SR-16 inner barrel in it...but i cover the rest of the barrel with a custom made silencer...SNIPER ALL THE WAY!!!...lol
Jar|-|ead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:36   #18
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar|-|ead
NICE!!!...well i got a full metal m4 with a SR-16 inner barrel in it...but i cover the rest of the barrel with a custom made silencer...SNIPER ALL THE WAY!!!...lol
The M4 can be used as a counter-sniper weapon, do you plan on upgrading the M4? a BA is best for the shooter within the sniper team, I will not get into details now, it will be covered later.
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:45   #19
Redneck

Send a message via ICQ to Redneck
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic
...and the veterans who would like to know more about the role and style of play.
I fall into this category and would very much like to see a Sniper's Section for this very reason. I've been looking into switching roles and I'm just waiting for this to take off.

Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Tai Kwan Leap. Approach me that you might see...
Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:50   #20
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

We have to get Paul in here.......PAUL! where are you? he is prolly hidding somewhere....

I beleive he is coming up with a website as well, again we will have to wait and see.
Old February 6th, 2006, 00:49   #21
SEALs

Send a message via ICQ to SEALs Send a message via AIM to SEALs Send a message via MSN to SEALs Send a message via Yahoo to SEALs
Having our section would be awesome. Should it be restrain to snipers only? I usually go on Arnie's sniper perch but have one here would be nice. I totally support the idea!

Father of fear, reckless and widowmaker
SEALs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:01   #22
Cushak

Send a message via MSN to Cushak
If you do restrict, I think it'd be better to just restrict posting. How else am I gunna learn about airsoft sniping with winter here? lol (Next gun I want to get is a KJW M700)
Cushak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 01:11   #23
[Lithium]

Mu honest opinion, shouldn be restricted, because im just thinking.. for the time when i actually start playing, which hopefully is only a little over a year away, i would possibly walk in here to get info on sniping. and if yo merely restrict posting, it means others have to go through all the problems of pm'ing
[Lithium] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:37   #24
Xepharo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cushak
If you do restrict, I think it'd be better to just restrict posting. How else am I gunna learn about airsoft sniping with winter here? lol (Next gun I want to get is a KJW M700)
If I wanted to get a gas airsoft bolt action sniper rifle, it'd have to be in the tanaka lines, whereas adjusting the velocity is an option.

Tanaka M24, ACIS, or M40A1 would be my choices. Then I won't have to worry about velocity limits in different fields, I can just adjust and adopt to it.
I dunt think the KJW gas sniper rifles are adjustable.

Then again, spring sniper rifles are good too. ahhh decisions decisions.
Xepharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:41   #25
concept_8

The m700 is adjustable since it's a tanaka clone.
I'd like to know if it's cloned close enough to take the aics stock though.
Old February 6th, 2006, 10:10   #26
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
I'd like to have a separate section as well. Make it easier to fill in the void of real airsoft sniper info. If I want advice or info, I never look for in on ASC cuz not enough knowledge around, or wildly varying info when there should be only one answer. I just go to Airsoft Retreat Snipers Perch and mostly get what I need there.
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 10:55   #27
Ghillie973

Send a message via MSN to Ghillie973 Send a message via Yahoo to Ghillie973
A Sniper section would be awesome. This way I can stop bugging Stalker with all my questions :razz:
Ghillie973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:17   #28
SKI

I like the idea of a sniper's section but here's my issues with it. It's like the sniper clinic and sniper coaurse that Sha Do runs. One of the things he asks of attendees is to keep the information between the sniper crowd. This is not to create anamosity between airsoft snipers and assaulters. The point of it being that to snipe in airsoft (and be effective) is very difficult. The lessons learned on the coarse are to give the airsoft sniper an edge at acheiving proficiency. If everyone has access to that, you take away that edge. I feel the same way about a forum. If the forum discusses subjects such as basic ways to upgrade your BA and pros and cons of different sniper platforms and such, that's great. The problem I see is revealing all the information in one convenient place for everyone. Many airsoft snipers have taken the time to research real sniping techniques and training and figuring out what works for airsoft. If it gets posted up, everyone sees it and then the edge is taken away. I'm not trying to be elitest or anything like that so please don't take it that way. I'm just following the lead that Sha Do started with the clinics and courses.
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:29   #29
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_ghillie
A Sniper section would be awesome. This way I can stop bugging Stalker with all my questions :razz:
Like THAT will happen! Instead of PMing me, you'll just ask the questions publically! Hehe :tup:
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 11:40   #30
Krookedatmosphere

Send a message via MSN to Krookedatmosphere
I would like a sniper section as I leaning more into snipering now with Airsoft
I think it is a great idea
Krookedatmosphere is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions