Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

G&G MP5 Rear Sight Compatibility

:

Accessories Discussion

Old November 6th, 2016, 13:59   #1
RainyEyes

G&G MP5 Rear Sight Compatibility

I've got a mp5 made by g&g that's missing the rear sight. Not just the mount but the drum as well.

I contacted one airsoft retailer in the US and they've informed me the cyma one is not compatible apparently.

I'm now looking at Dream Army, Classic Army, and any others that might be compatible. Anyone know if these brands fit in g&g plastic receivers?

Is it possible to use a 416 rear sight and just use the top half of the mount on an mp5?

I've tried contacting g&g directly for a replacement but it's $35 for the part alone and $25 in shipping... In USD. So I'm trying to get replacements in-country for under $30 CAD, seems reasonable?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2016, 15:08   #2
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

only g&g will work. their uppers are different dimensions.
Old November 6th, 2016, 22:03   #3
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
only g&g will work. their uppers are different dimensions.
Different dimensions how? Screw hole? Width of frame too thick? Length of frame too small? Any details on how I could possibly use a grinder to modify the part if it's the case where it's too small? Or possibly shimmed/welded if too big?
Old November 6th, 2016, 23:21   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

the radius of the tubes in the upper are larger, making the whole thing fatter. I tried putting a marui claw mount on a g&g and it didn't fit. Granted it was one of the older plastic g&g uppers but I can't see g&g running 2 different sets of dimensions for their castings/molds. Setting that stuff up can get expensive for manufacturing. Unless you can find the exact parts you need in someone's parts bin, I wouldn't waste time and possibly money with potentially buying parts that won't fit and get stuck with.
Old November 7th, 2016, 00:32   #5
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkingknight View Post
the radius of the tubes in the upper are larger, making the whole thing fatter. I tried putting a marui claw mount on a g&g and it didn't fit. Granted it was one of the older plastic g&g uppers but I can't see g&g running 2 different sets of dimensions for their castings/molds. Setting that stuff up can get expensive for manufacturing. Unless you can find the exact parts you need in someone's parts bin, I wouldn't waste time and possibly money with potentially buying parts that won't fit and get stuck with.
That explains why the CYMA full stock was 2mm off spec and too tight to fit on my MP5 and required modifying. It fits perfectly on my friend's CYMA however.

Would you just recommend getting a replacement directly from G&G if it is a "must have" or should i keep my eye open for boneyards and stuff?
Old November 7th, 2016, 02:09   #6
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Just get the G&G one if you really want one...

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2016, 20:25   #7
RainyEyes

SO!
Update!

I went over to TA and tried out a dboys hk416 rear sight and it happened to fit nice and flush on the g&g rear sight mount after removing the rail mount on the sight.

Pics to follow, but it's a nice feeling when things come together without the need to modify then.

Now, how do you adjust the damn thing for zero???
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Accessories Discussion