Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How long does age verification take?

:

General

Old July 1st, 2013, 14:25   #1
Crimzzen

How long does age verification take?

I was verified over 3 weeks ago. Is it normal to expect a 3 week delay on ASC's part or is my age verifier just not doing it? He won't return any messages so I have no clue.

Last edited by Crimzzen; July 1st, 2013 at 14:29..
Crimzzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 14:35   #2
coach
aka coachster

Age verifiers have a life outside of ASC. They do it on a volunteer basis and don't get 'paid' for their time or resources used to meet with people.

It takes time. If the verifier passed on your info to be verified it may be held due to incorrect info like your screen name didn't match up.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 14:42   #3
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

I have been processing AVs every couple of days lately, so the person who took your info has not submitted it yet or it was input incorrectly.

It should not take them 3 weeks to submit the info.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 15:25   #4
Danke

Who in BC was it? A couple guys have moved around the interior or out of province very recently and are out of reach.
Old July 1st, 2013, 17:03   #5
Crimzzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Age verifiers have a life outside of ASC. They do it on a volunteer basis and don't get 'paid' for their time or resources used to meet with people.

It takes time. If the verifier passed on your info to be verified it may be held due to incorrect info like your screen name didn't match up.
That's fair, I'm not upset or anything I just can't get a reply so I've no idea if there was an issue with my screen name (though I just double checked the MSG I sent him and its the same name), account, etc. or if its just been forgotten. There's some stuff I wanted to offload / purchase before I go camping in July so I'd really like a crack at those classifieds. Is there any way through here to submit photo ID or something like that?

Like I said, I'm not trying to call anyone out or get anyone in trouble, I just wanted to make sure everything was OK and see how long I should expect the process to take. Partly cause I'm excited to get things rolling and partly to gather some airsoft gear for my kid before our camping trip.

Last edited by Crimzzen; July 1st, 2013 at 17:54..
Old July 1st, 2013, 17:11   #6
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimzzen View Post
That's fair, I'm not upset or anything I just can't get a reply so I've no idea if there was an issue with my screen name (though I just double checked the MSG I sent him and its the same name), account, etc. or if its just been forgotten. There's some stuff I wanted to offload / purchase before I go camping in July so I'd really like a crack at those classifieds. Is there any way through here to submit photo ID or something like that?

Regarding his identification, it's the fellow who runs the airsoft kelowna group. I believe his screen name is Dart. Like I said, I'm not trying to call anyone out or get anyone in trouble, I just wanted to make sure everything was OK and see how long I should expect the process to take. Partly cause I'm excited to get things rolling and partly to gather some airsoft gear for my kids before our camping trip.
WUUUT?
Old July 1st, 2013, 17:22   #7
Crimzzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinard View Post
WUUUT?
Safety stuff. They will not be operating anything but my oldest will definitely want to watch target shooting so I'd like him to have at least a full face mask in case of ricochetes.
Old July 1st, 2013, 17:25   #8
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
There's some stuff I wanted to offload / purchase before I go camping in July so I'd really like a crack at those classifieds. Is there any way through here to submit photo ID or something like that?
Negative. Only face to face meets. This then allows the verifier to get an idea if you truly deserve access.

Quote:
Partly cause I'm excited to get things rolling and partly to gather some airsoft gear for my kids before our camping trip.
Orly now?? Might be that the verifier sensed that and refused your verification!

Quote:
Safety stuff. They will not be operating anything but my oldest will definitely want to watch target shooting so I'd like him to have at least a full face mask in case of ricochetes.
You don't need access to the classified to acquire that type of gear. Only the guns! Get him a paintball mask. Done
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 17:34   #9
Crimzzen

Quote:
WUUUT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
Negative. Only face to face meets. This then allows the verifier to get an idea if you truly deserve access.

Orly now?? Might be that the verifier sensed that and refused your verification!

You don't need access to the classified to acquire that type of gear. Only the guns!
Huh? Senses what? My airsoft gear is safely kept away when not in use. However, I believe that education and awareness is much more effective than simply keeping it out of sight. He WILL NOT handle anything and we will discuss gun safety before each outing. That being said, he's interested in watching and I'd like him to have the proper safety equipment while I plunk away at our foam boards.

I didn't realize that you could view gear without ID, i'll check that out! Thanks!

Edit:
Maybe the term 'kid' is getting misconstrued? He's not a young child

Last edited by Crimzzen; July 1st, 2013 at 17:52..
Old July 1st, 2013, 17:54   #10
Pinard
formerly Contractor 6-8, CptPinard17eRAM

I'm all in for parents educating their children about proper safety.

Fact is that some parents came on the forum and got age verified to source airsoft guns to their children. Wich is totally againt the board's rules.

Please understand our... sceptical attitude towards anybody openly admitting children are involved.
Old July 1st, 2013, 18:03   #11
Crimzzen

Quote:
I'm all in for parents educating their children about proper safety.

Fact is that some parents came on the forum and got age verified to source airsoft guns to their children. Wich is totally againt the board's rules.

Please understand our... sceptical attitude towards anybody openly admitting children are involved.
No problem, That's understandable. I'm not looking to purchase him an airsoft gun until my wife and I agree that he's ready for it. And even then it'll only be under our supervision. I remember the fun my dad and I had shooting targets together and I'd like him and I to one day have the same experience.

Yeah I was thinking a paintball mask too, I'm just scoping out the gear section now.

That being said I'd still like to achieve the age verificated status to offload some of my lesser used guns/accessories.
Old July 1st, 2013, 18:09   #12
K3vX

Kids doesn't mean 12 years old. They may be 18+ and he's giving them stuff, or they're 17 and he's playing with them at a field that allows it.

Edit: He answered before my reply.
K3vX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 18:13   #13
sammynac99

Just another totally reasonable person getting flamed on ASC , they basically said welcome to ASC, your a horrible parent and don't deserve to be av'ed. And what's this about being deemed to be not allowed based on a face to face meeting with a age verifier? Age verifiers purpose is to allow only adults access to the gun classifieds and area of the site with access with a/v material. If this was the case why was I able to walk into a Airsoft store, provide my ID and be AV'd on the spot. I didn't go through a interview, I'm 18+ and therefore able to buy the guns.

Who is anyone again to say what this person can and can't do with their child? He's saying the kid is a teenager and he wants to teach the kid safety, if the kid wants to play , it's his decision to let him or not. This is yet another example of how critical and impossible this community can be with handling simple things.

To get back on topic, a/v process typically takes 2-3 weeks they do it in batches from what I understand when they can, an admin will verify your details.
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 18:19   #14
sammynac99

I don't agree that he should source guns for his kids, but they are HIS kids, with or without AV he can walk into a Airsoft retail store and buy guns for the kids.
sammynac99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2013, 18:30   #15
Crimzzen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammynac99 View Post
Just another totally reasonable person getting flamed on ASC , they basically said welcome to ASC, your a horrible parent and don't deserve to be av'ed. And what's this about being deemed to be not allowed based on a face to face meeting with a age verifier? Age verifiers purpose is to allow only adults access to the gun classifieds and area of the site with access with a/v material. If this was the case why was I able to walk into a Airsoft store, provide my ID and be AV'd on the spot. I didn't go through a interview, I'm 18+ and therefore able to buy the guns.

Who is anyone again to say what this person can and can't do with their child? He's saying the kid is a teenager and he wants to teach the kid safety, if the kid wants to play , it's his decision to let him or not. This is yet another example of how critical and impossible this community can be with handling simple things.

To get back on topic, a/v process typically takes 2-3 weeks they do it in batches from what I understand when they can, an admin will verify your details.
Hey thanks for the support. Like I said, we believe in education and awareness. That's our choice and it's whats right for our family. I understand the point to age verification but what I do/teach my kid shouldn't be part of the equation IMHO.

Regarding the age verification, I'm fine with waiting. Just wanted to make sure everything was Ok and to get an idea of what timeframe I'm looking at. I'm not here to get anyone in trouble or to point fingers, just to gather information
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General