Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

AEG fires at random

:

Doctor's Corner

Old April 26th, 2013, 18:17   #76
zone 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectic View Post
I've been running the stock cylinder (4/5 port) with a 455mm inner.

Im going to be putting a thicker sorbo pad so now ill likely be running short on cylinder volume for the barrel. You think i should swap in a full cylinder to combat this?

Was looking at the modify enhanced cylinder for 450-590 inners that'll leave me room to put in a longer inner for my DMR build that Im going for with this gun.
I use the modify enhanced cylinder as well, a good choice. A balanced gearbox is a happy gearbox.

This may help http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=...andbarrels.htm go for the best match.

Just watch out when you start mixing different brand part's. I use the goldilocks rule.

Last edited by zone 69; April 26th, 2013 at 18:28..
zone 69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 21:47   #77
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

Thanks. Yeah im well aware of matching cylender to barrel. Every gun i buy first thing i do is check the cylender and buy an inner to maximize effeciency.useually 430 or 455 in m4's my two current ones are 455 i figured sdding sorbo and havin an inner that was alrdy at the max volume wasnt good so i went to the non ported cylender. Now i can go longer inner for a dmr build (prolly go 510mm)
Well after working out a trigger bug (the switch was sticking cause the prongs wer too tight)
Ive got a working gun even got semi!!
Now to see if it holds up. Gonna have the gurus take a listen to it on sunday. Sounds good to my untrained ear at any rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDoorn View Post
Thanks Hectic,
While your posts are sometimes a difficult read, you sure are helpfull
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Hectic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2013, 21:53   #78
Hectic
Oh we do hate you, just never felt like wasting the time to give you a user title :P

All i gotta say about my spelling and grammer and punctuation..
For those of you with kids let them read my shit and tell em "see kids this is why you should stay in school" lmao.
Seriously tho i dropped out in grade 9 and from grade 7 on i was hardly ever at school they just kept pushing me ahead cause i could pass the tests just never did any of the homework.
Was good at math science music and technical classes sucked at geography history and english. (go figure its my first and only language and i masacre it lol)
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 27th, 2013, 00:05   #79
zone 69

Quote:
Thanks. Yeah im well aware of matching cylender to barrel. Every gun i buy first thing i do is check the cylender and buy an inner to maximize effeciency.useually 430 or 455 in m4's my two current ones are 455 i figured sdding sorbo and havin an inner that was alrdy at the max volume wasnt good so i went to the non ported cylender. Now i can go longer inner for a dmr build (prolly go 510mm)
Well after working out a trigger bug (the switch was sticking cause the prongs wer too tight)
Ive got a working gun even got semi!!
Now to see if it holds up. Gonna have the gurus take a listen to it on sunday. Sounds good to my untrained ear at any rate.
I had the hardest time matching my air-seal to my barrel length. I ended up with a custom cut 3.04 bore 404mm barrel just to get the right spit of the BB.

Last edited by zone 69; April 27th, 2013 at 01:44..
Old April 27th, 2013, 00:18   #80
Hectic

Must be a 3/4 port with a sorbo and maybe short stroked?
Mostly if you use the arnies list as a reference you can go close to whatever the largest is for your cylender and get maximum fps out of a setup snd decent consistancy. But for the most part 300-400mm is ideal length (is a lilconflicting as there hasnt been alot of testing)
I personally have always had good results with 4/5 cylenders running 455mm inners but now i got the full cylender so ill up it to a 509 one of these days.
Quote:
Thanks Hectic,
Lvl. 3 certified sniper
FinchFieldAirsoft
Old April 27th, 2013, 00:46   #81
zone 69

Quote:
Must be a 3/4 port with a sorbo and maybe short stroked?
Mostly if you use the arnies list as a reference you can go close to whatever the largest is for your cylender and get maximum fps out of a setup snd decent consistancy. But for the most part 300-400mm is ideal length (is a lilconflicting as there hasnt been alot of testing)
I personally have always had good results with 4/5 cylenders running 455mm inners but now i got the full cylender so ill up it to a 509 one of these days.
OOps my mistake it's a 4/5 Hole Cylinder, 3.04 bore 404mm barrel

With my mix of part's & the kind of air-seal it gave me I had to find that sweet spot when the stork of the pistons air presser ends a split second after the BB leaves the barrel. I judged it by hearing it make a spit sound to put it to a better term.

I had many say that I had a very quiet running gun but to me it sounds like a sowing machine in my ear.

Last edited by zone 69; April 27th, 2013 at 01:29..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner