Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

REVIEW: AN/PRC-148 MBITR, working replica by United-Star

:

Reviews

Old March 4th, 2011, 02:29   #181
TomcaT69

I have a problem with MBITR. When I programmed it, it worked normally for a while, after one hour, however, is doing just the reception, but not broadcast. The display shows the normal broadcast. What could be the problem? I did not use the headset and battery is fully charged. If the radio turn off and on again, I can transmitt only once, then it is the same as before.
Thanks for any help.

Last edited by TomcaT69; March 4th, 2011 at 02:39..
TomcaT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2011, 10:47   #182
Viking_Dane

Send a message via Skype™ to Viking_Dane
Try resetting the radio and then reprogram it, that might fix it. You'll fined the reset as option No. 18 on the radio menu. Hope it helps
Viking_Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 10:42   #183
Pollux77

Are there any prequisites for the Reset to work? When I use that, nothing changes. Same with the Scan-Button and other functions.
Pollux77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2011, 18:33   #184
TomcaT69

TNX Viking_Dane, radio works now.....apparently the program has many bugs
TomcaT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:26   #185
S.E.A.L.

@ Pollux

Now I have the same problem -.- Dual Watch and Reset doesn't work. But if you connect your Radio to your PC and Radio displays "PC" on its screen you can go into the menu and do a reset.
S.E.A.L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2011, 14:49   #186
Pollux77

@S.E.A.L.
That's the next problem - the radio won't display "PC".
I cannot program the device by any means. I have also bought another programming cable, tried native and usb-emulated com-ports, no sign of life. I am still in contact with RSOV, but they're sticking to the "we have a stupid user"-routine of answering questions...

Last edited by Pollux77; March 7th, 2011 at 15:02..
Pollux77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2011, 21:53   #187
juicy

Ummmm I thought there was a Kenwood-type headset plug thing somewhere on the right spine of the MBITR... can't find it. Am I just blind?

Edit: Oh, no wait, I figured it out. I didn't get a user manual.... :S

Last edited by juicy; March 11th, 2011 at 22:06..
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2011, 18:00   #188
Conker

Hehe :P

For those wondering, there's a dummy rubber panel on the right side with two screws... Unscrew these and the Kenwood plug is hidden there.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2011, 05:08   #189
Ares Ops Hartmann

Send a message via Skype™ to Ares Ops Hartmann
Gentlemen,

I recently acquired one of those beautiful replicas and I am proud that I got the software running on my Mac and with the original serial cable on a COM-Port emulation... Big Thanks to Conker, the software modification for windows seven is also running smoothly on Windows XP! I used the PMR file to start and tweaked the settings a little to my ideas.

The problem I am experiencing now is that everything works fine except all of the "ALT" key operations like scan and dual channel mode, dial tone and emergency signal etc... I press the ALT key and then the other key has no effect...

Can anybody tell whats wrong? I hope it only results from a wrong programming BUT I did use the original PMR setting file from Conker and it makes no difference. The ALT button has no effect...

Greets from Germany
Hartmann
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/aresops/
Ares Ops Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 18:08   #190
stringfello

Hello everyone

I just receive my PRC today and after 5 hours trying to program this awful thing I finally did it. Now it works perfectly in PMR frequencies (I live in France).

So a big thanks to Conker and those who made this topic :wink:

Now I'm trying to connect this radio with the H4855 radio (dual ptt) but I have that famous impedence issue...
stringfello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2011, 18:48   #191
Conker

@Ares Ops Hartmann: Did you check the value of the ALT key in the software? I'm not home right now but if I remember correctly, there is a setting in the "Optional Features" menu.

@stringfello: Superbe! Heureux de voir que ça a aidé As far as the H4855 goes can't be of much help, but good luck!
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2011, 04:18   #192
CTAC

I've used the programming software linked on the first page of this thread and there're some quirks. First of all the channel names show up weirdly on the radio: instead of FRS 01 it shows FRS01F (same with the greeting, instead of JUICY it shows JUICYF).

Also, the voice announcements of the channel name do not work -- there's a second of white noise and that's it. I did set it in the optional features (Beep Language: English and Beep: Voice), but it doesn't work. Anyone knows how to fix it?

thanks!
Old March 21st, 2011, 15:14   #193
sigma3

Hi guys, long time lurker – some really great info on these boards, this thread alone is practically gold. I finally found a need to post.

But first: CTAC, the radio seems to use "F" as an empty character. Notice that when you start it up it says FFFFFF? I haven't found a way to change that, but what I've done is just make sure all my channel names are a full 6 characters. So instead of RED6 I made it RED--6 or instead of GOLD I made it -GOLD-. Much more readable, simple workaround.

Now on to my problem: I attached a MSA U-94 PTT to the radio. It took a while to get it on, which I guess should have been the first warning sign... because once I did get it on, it absolutely refuses to come off. I thought I had it, and was pulling it off, but instead the entire connector came off, and severed all the wiring to the radio.

I should be able to fix this relatively easily if anyone has a pinout of the connection? I have NO idea which wire goes to which connector. (still no idea how I'm going to get the connectors separated, though, they're still practically fused together. Sprayed it with some silicon and will try with a pair of pliers again later.)
sigma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 19:20   #194
Ares Ops Hartmann

Send a message via Skype™ to Ares Ops Hartmann
@Conker: Maybe I missed something but in both settings windows is no reference to the "F"-Key... please have a look:

Does the "Key Assignment" block something? Must it be "Off"?

keyassignment.jpg

optional_features.jpg
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/aresops/
Ares Ops Hartmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2011, 19:22   #195
juicy

Thanks to CTAC for programming my MBITR for me.

I've got another question... I'm running my Element Comtacs through an Element PTT to the Kenwood headset plug thing - I can't use the PTT to any effect right now, am I missing something? Or do I have to switch my radio to Vox/ignore the PTT, short of buying a real PTT for the military style headset plug on the top of the radio?
juicy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews