The Shiny New SMG/Machine Pistol Thread

:

Airsoft Media

Old April 8th, 2011, 16:24   #46
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Tex View Post
Not feeding rounds after the first one (after cocking it) semi or auto, then fires 3-5 times if on auto (without actually launching BBs) then the bolt sticks a couple millimeters before locking forward and vents all the gas. I had it apart when I was removing the orange paint, and nothing looked broken (it was doing this prior to disassembly).
Broken/cracked nozzle? Seems common with these guns.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 16:29   #47
Ballcancer

Nah I had an inch long crack along my nozzle and it was still firing just not nearly as far it would dump 20-30 bb's down range, the sound would be so quiet, the bolt would get stuck halfway and then vent... But maybe it might be I'd check anyway Tex... With these guns you have to load them kind of like the mac11 with the bolt locked back, insert a new mag and then release the bolt.
Old April 8th, 2011, 16:36   #48
akamikeee

Send a message via ICQ to akamikeee Send a message via AIM to akamikeee Send a message via Yahoo to akamikeee
Seemed to have missed this thread, well here's a Maruzen KG9. I had started my own thread about this gun with additional media here: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=120730

Old April 8th, 2011, 16:40   #49
Frozen Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcancer View Post
Nah I had an inch long crack along my nozzle and it was still firing just not nearly as far it would dump 20-30 bb's down range, the sound would be so quiet, the bolt would get stuck halfway and then vent... But maybe it might be I'd check anyway Tex... With these guns you have to load them kind of like the mac11 with the bolt locked back, insert a new mag and then release the bolt.
Thanks for the info (and the PM); you too, Styrak. I'll let you know what happens as soon as I get a chance to try your fix, BC.

Sweet gun, Akamikeee; very '80s gangsta... I have visions of the Colombians doing a hit in Miami...

Delenda Est Carthago
Frozen Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 17:08   #50
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballcancer View Post
Nah I had an inch long crack along my nozzle and it was still firing just not nearly as far it would dump 20-30 bb's down range, the sound would be so quiet, the bolt would get stuck halfway and then vent...
A nozzle can break/crack in more than one way. It's the first thing I would check.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 17:29   #51
Ballcancer

Yea it was but also there is another part that refuses to let the bolt go all the way forward... It's the spring that holds a small block (I dont have the part numbers on hand) that the bolt moves forward to release the trigger .. The spring is too strong.. I stretched mine slightly and the proble
Stopped... It happens to almost everyone that I have seen or heard of....
Old April 8th, 2011, 17:36   #52
Ghostnote

Frozen tex, I do believe your optic is not situated in the most beneficial orientation for the operator, i.e. I think its on backwards. Other than than that, nice smg.
Ghostnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 18:05   #53
Frozen Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostnote View Post
Frozen tex, I do believe your optic is not situated in the most beneficial orientation for the operator, i.e. I think its on backwards. Other than than that, nice smg.

Well, whaddya know...

Thanks.

Delenda Est Carthago

Last edited by Frozen Tex; April 8th, 2011 at 18:08..
Old April 8th, 2011, 18:12   #54
Ballcancer

Quote:
Thanks for the info (and the PM); you too, Styrak. I'll let you know what happens as soon as I get a chance to try your fix, BC.

Sweet gun, Akamikeee; very '80s gangsta... I have visions of the Colombians doing a hit in Miami...
No worries Tex... Let me know how it turns out remember to stretch it very gently because you can over stretch it ... I would also check the kwa forums too they are a lot of help for this matter...
Old April 8th, 2011, 19:19   #55
Frozen Tex

Grrr...

Stretched the spring, inspected the nozzle and ramp... nothing appears to be broken, but it's still not firing more than one shot at a time between pulling the charging handle, and eventually venting all gas.

Delenda Est Carthago
Old April 8th, 2011, 22:45   #56
mrbishi

Ballcancer is correct, with the old TMP you have to treat it like the Mac, also the Mac and the TMP wouldnt reliably fire with a lot of BB's.

The KSC bbs & maybe ASG Blasters were of a slightly larger diameter than most bbs.
Cant remember the specific dimensions.

That generally solved most feeding problems, the others were usually lack of lubrication or busted nozzle.

Nice Tec, hows she running?
mrbishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 23:18   #57
Ballcancer

Quote:
Grrr...

Stretched the spring, inspected the nozzle and ramp... nothing appears to be broken, but it's still not firing more than one shot at a time between pulling the charging handle, and eventually venting all gas.
Hmmm weird, maybe it is the nozzle... You may have to tear down the bolt and check the airnozzle return springs maybe? That would be my next guess ... When you say it's not firing does it just dry fire? If so than maybe it's those small return springs or the noZzle has a crack in it that you can't see??

At least now your bolt should return to full battery!
Old April 9th, 2011, 00:41   #58
Frozen Tex

Yeah, dry-fire. Cock it, fires one shot, then lots of bang with no BBs... and eventually venting. I think the cooler it is, the faster it seems to vent, so something might be freezing up inside, maybe.

Delenda Est Carthago
Old April 9th, 2011, 00:46   #59
Ballcancer

I remember I had the gun in minus 5ish for a few hours as a sidearm.. I tried firing it and same thing it would fire 2-3 shots in semi or auto and dry fire a bunch of shots. I would tip the barrel and a wack of bb's would spill out but I never had venting issues hmm weird about that... Did the spring length at least allow your bolt to go full forward??
Old June 22nd, 2011, 19:56   #60
Ballcancer

Got it for 50 bucks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_1.jpg (695.7 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2.JPG (579.9 KB, 74 views)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media