Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Some pics from Germany

:

Airsoft Media

Old December 4th, 2010, 11:40   #1
Zipper

Some pics from Germany

Hello everyone! I have been following the media section of ASC for several years. Airsoft is my hobby since 2004. Now I finally managed to register so I can post some pictures, too. I noticed by comparison, that comments in many german forums are far less progressive. In fact, a lot of unsubstantial criticism and outright flaming is observable instead of useful hints on how to improve.

The pics below were taken during a photoshooting, hence no eye protection. They were taken with one intend only: To produce cool looking pictures. The gear is obviously not bound to any greenside dogmata. Anyway, here it goes. Let's see how you like them.

Cheers

I know, I know: Nothing rattles, nothing shines. The bling is a flaw here :-)

Zipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:45   #2
Donster

Sie sind alles sehr gut!

Es ist sehr interessant mir, dass Sie eine Amerikanishe waffen benutzen.

(Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht. Ich hoffe, dass Sie mich verstehen können)
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:11   #3
Armed Infidel
a.k.a. Bob Sickinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donster View Post
Sie sind alles sehr gut!

Es ist sehr interessant mir, dass Sie eine Amerikanishe waffen benutzen.

(Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht. Ich hoffe, dass Sie mich verstehen können)
Donster, deine spracht is uberhaubt gut!!!!

JIHAD...works both ways
Armed Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:34   #4
The Lettonian
a.k.a. FNG_13

Send a message via Skype™ to The Lettonian
Sehr schön! Wo haben Sie die Fotos genommen?
|: Nos habebit humus! :|
Raug, draugi, kā šī kanna mirdz, kā puto alutiņš? Dievs zin, cik ilgi līksmo sirds, lai baudām drīz!
The Lettonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:38   #5
Basic-Wedge

Those photos look great! Wonderful choice of location, and good photographic technique.

I'd be interested in learning more about the airsoft scene in Germany. Do you have any links to some of your major airsoft forums?

Basic-Wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 13:08   #6
Armed Infidel
a.k.a. Bob Sickinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic-Wedge View Post
Those photos look great! Wonderful choice of location, and good photographic technique.

I'd be interested in learning more about the airsoft scene in Germany. Do you have any links to some of your major airsoft forums?
I too would be very interested in the airsoft scene in Germany especially given my family's history of German military service and the social sensitivity to anything "militaristic" in Germany. If airsoft is thriving in Germany there may be valuable info for the Canadian community.

JIHAD...works both ways
Armed Infidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 22:48   #7
Zipper

@ Basic-Wedge: Popular German Airsoft forums are www.blowback.de, www.700fps.de, www.6millimeter.info/wbb2/, www.smog-baden.de

@Donster: Yes, I do understand your German perfectly. I am amazed how many users here have command of the language. Using US weapons and gear is pretty common among German airsofters. Impersonating US Special Forces is the most common theme.

As for Airsoft in Germany: The community is growing fast since late 2006 and is well connected over the internet. Although the sport/hobby is becoming more and more popular, German law and public opinion prevent it from being officially recognized as such. Airsoft is not generally forbidden, but it is best not to draw too much (political) attention to it. There are but few places that fulfill all the requirements law imposes on both Airsoft and Paintball. Working Taclights/Lasers must not be mounted onto airsoft guns, full-auto mode is illegal. The area has to be completely fenced off so no one can accidentally walk onto the field. Also, no shot must leave the field. This means to either build extremely high walls or to have a field big enough to establish a safe zone between the actual field and the surroundings. These requirements are mostly met by former military fascilities. In East Germany, there are some former Russian bases open to Airsofters. In West Germany, some fields exist that are either paintball fields or former military institutions which were sold or abandoned when the cold war ended.

Being an airsoft player is not a thing you want to make public. Doing so usually triggers misconceptions and prejudice. Many Germans are still very sensitive about anything military. Airsoft is quickly (and wrongly) linked to political extremism.

All in all, it remains a grey area. Many professional players - and those who like to play full-auto (it is widely considered rookie-mode) - have their games in adjacent countries.

The photos above were taken on Ramstein Air Base, near Kaiserslautern, South Germany.
Old December 9th, 2010, 18:24   #8
Zipper

Well, I hope I did not give you the impression Airsoft is a lost cause over here. It is certainly not :-) I will keep posting pictures of photoshootings, games and MilSim events. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions about the German Airsoft scene.

Old December 9th, 2010, 18:32   #9
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipper View Post
They were taken with one intend only: To produce cool looking pictures.
You certainly succeeded! Very cool!!
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:09   #10
Zipper

I read some time ago that hunter camo was not popular with Canadian and US players. I always wondered why that is (if it is actually true). Maybe because it is so easy to come by and is widely used for its original (civil) purpose? The picture below (which is not taken by me but downloaded from milpics.net ages ago) shows its irregular military application.

In Germany, however, any Realtree gear and the like is pretty expensive (as it is imported from the US) and the range of products is very limited.

Needless to say, I had to get my hands on a pair of camies when I went abroad to visit a friend in Springfield, Missouri. Luckily enough, a Bass Pro Shop is in the city

Apart from the fact that it is a rare item in the German airsoft community and therefore makes you stick out like a sore thumb among the BDUs/ACUs in the staging process, it worked stunningly well in the field. In areas the pattern is designed for OPFOR players had serious trouble getting eyes on me even when fired upon at close range. When I was moving they claimed to have lost sight the moment I stopped. They cursed a lot, too

Old December 11th, 2010, 06:58   #11
mazZza

Awesome pics Zipper. I really respect the way your photographies look like. I'm from Germany myself and I already came to conflicts between our Hobby and our Law. Is there any way to contact you beside sending IMs? Icq maybe. Would be fine to talk a bit, because you make the impression of a serious group of players : ).

greetings Chris
mazZza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2010, 09:11   #12
ArcticFox1984

Very well done.

That terrain looks beautiful... I've always wanted to visit the black forest.
ArcticFox1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2010, 10:21   #13
skalnok

ive only ever been to germany on my way home from austria but these pictures make me want to go back just to play an airsoft game :P

amazing shots
skalnok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2010, 18:54   #14
Zipper

Thanks guys!

@mazZza: Sorry, I stopped using realtime chat software some time ago. It turned out to be too time consuming. You can PM me anytime though.

This is part of the series "Operator signals Blackhawk helicopter overhead during night extraction".

Old December 11th, 2010, 19:27   #15
zollen

Send a message via ICQ to zollen
I thought they are high tech ninjas with their laser nunchucks.
zollen is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media