Why Use OPS-CENTER?

:

General

Old July 6th, 2012, 13:37   #1
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Why Use OPS-CENTER?

I'm an early adopter... I jump in first to many many things

Often this costs me money.. new gun comes out.. I buy it if I want it.. I have guns I paid $1000 for that can be had for $400 now... It's the cost of being an Early Adopter

I was invited to participate in the BETA release of

Right away I saw that this software fills a need..It turns out that this is on Early Adoption.. that is saving me time. And we all know TIME is MONEY

I host a lot of Games.. 5 or 6 a month and I've been doing it since 2005...

I spend a lot of time ( or used to ) managing game threads.. updating Rosters .. adding people.. taking them away .. and keeping records of who attended the game and who blew it off after posting in.

All this takes time.. Time I don't have a lot of.

From the standpoint of a Host has saved me LOADS of time, Eliminated "tentatives" and the "+1" posts .. with a glance I know who and how many people are in the game. I can take attendance , and soon I'll even be able to collect payments for games on OPS-Center.. To post my game.. all I have to do is create it in ( which takes about 5 minutes ) and then link it to ASC Done.. the software takes care of the rest.. no more plowing through treads of banter to find the IN posts .. no updating of rosters.. all of it is done for me. That is a time saver.. big time.

From a Player Standpoint.. I can see what is going on in my area at a Glance,
I can see who is attending any game , see the rules , Join a side ( and change my mind) all without having to PM a Host .. and wait for them to respond.

It's a great tool .. and it makes joining a game easy and 100% under my control.

That said for OPS-Center to really become what it can be.. a one stop clearing house for Airsoft events .. more Hosts and Players need to use it.
If All the Hosts got on board .. all the players would.. and we would really have something going.

ASC will still be important.. for the communication, and sharing of information, but it's really not very good at managing event hosting. Never has been.

I'm not affiliated with OPS-Center in any way.. I just know a good thing when I see it.

Check it out.. you will be glad you did.
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite

Last edited by Brian McIlmoyle; June 20th, 2015 at 23:20..
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 13:46   #2
foxtrot-one7

+1

C'mon people use it and sort out all the mess and confusions.

www.canadiancrimsonforce.com
You Get Out of It What You Put Into It...
foxtrot-one7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 13:57   #3
PrIeSt
takagari

Send a message via MSN to PrIeSt Send a message via Skype™ to PrIeSt
Sadly, and the issue I always see. Everyone hosts a game and wants it to revolve around them. Some teams plan an op and want in on their forums so it revolves around them. so they don't use sites like this.

And I find it hard to get people to reply "in" for a game posted on facebook. let alone register a new site.

I like the concept, people just need to force it's use.
PrIeSt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 14:10   #4
HeadlessChicken

Sounds almost too good to be true. Is there a "but" in there? Any cons to Ops-Center yet? I've looked up a couple of game postings of yours Brian and it looks exactly as you've described; everything we need to know and from what I can tell, what you need to know is right there.
"Hey I'm the first one to say its a great country but its a straaaaange culture. This is a place where gun store owners are given a list of stolen credit cards but not a list of CRIMINALS and MANIACS. And now they're thinking of banning toy guns...AND THEY'RE GONNA KEEP THE F**KING REAL ONES!"
-George Carlin 1937 - 2008 (RIP buddy)
HeadlessChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 14:11   #5
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post
Sadly, and the issue I always see. Everyone hosts a game and wants it to revolve around them. Some teams plan an op and want in on their forums so it revolves around them. so they don't use sites like this.

And I find it hard to get people to reply "in" for a game posted on facebook. let alone register a new site.

Based on this post, I am not sure if you are for or against

With the share feature, which you just link a jpeg right to ANY forum, any discussion board, any website. This allows anyone to have an open discussion about the game, in their private section, or on the game section on ASC as they do now. Soon, we will be able to offer private sections on ops-center for game chat only, private sections for teams to chat and plan. THIS IS NOT going to be an open forum discussion board, just a round table area for team command and players on that specific team to chat and plan.

The game isnt posted on facebook, just advertised. Our partnership with facebook is merely log in, and the ability to network a game fast. OPS-Center is a private program for event management, the OPS-Center staff own it and operate it, not facebook.

One of the HUGE points to OPS-Center, is the fact that you do not have to post "in" anymore, nor do hosts have to sift through chatter to locate all of those 'in" and "out" or the dreaded "tent"

You just sign up for the team you want, read the rules, receive email updates, GPS map directions to the field (if the field host programs his address properly) and more features are coming.

We are working hard to iron out all of the minor feedback adjustments we have received.

Brian, thank you very much for this, keep up the good work!

We welcome all feedback, ALL, post here for ASC discussion, use the feedback tab on OPS-Center for anything you think we should be read in on.

Regards

Derek
OPS-Center Staff.
Old July 6th, 2012, 14:17   #6
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

For all info on OPS-Center, visit http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthr...ght=ops-center for ASC discussion and information.

www.ops-center.com is our information page, which will be updated with videos soon.

www.ops-center.net is the active site.
Old July 6th, 2012, 14:43   #7
horto

Curious about the OPS Centre-Facebook integration/single sign on and privacy. What if I want to draw a line between airsoft and facebook. As in, I'd rather not have my airsoft interests leak out to facebook. (Caveat: But I like using it for authentication so I don't have to manage any more user names and passwords).

If I log into OPS Centre via facebook, what happens? Does it just use my name/profile pic? Does it post shit to my wall?
Old July 6th, 2012, 14:54   #8
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by horto View Post
Curious about the OPS Centre-Facebook integration/single sign on and privacy. What if I want to draw a line between airsoft and facebook. As in, I'd rather not have my airsoft interests leak out to facebook. (Caveat: But I like using it for authentication so I don't have to manage any more user names and passwords).

If I log into OPS Centre via facebook, what happens? Does it just use my name/profile pic? Does it post shit to my wall?
it does not post anything to your wall... the only integration is the sign in.. that is it

I've been using OPS Center for a while.. and nothing has ever popped up on facebook about it... ever

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old July 6th, 2012, 14:59   #9
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by takagari View Post

Small private games.. yeah I can see that issue..

I expect that new features coming will enable you to only make the game viewable by your friends..

but for public games .. it can be posted to any forum

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old July 6th, 2012, 15:04   #10
Renegade)
A Total Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by horto View Post

Using facebook to sign in is merely a convinience thing, since like 90% of airsofters, Im sure use facebook. It auto uses your facebook picture, you can change that, name, you change that in profile settings.

OR you dont use facebook at all, and sign up manually!
Old July 6th, 2012, 15:23   #11
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
My only issue is that it keeps asking for permission to post to my wall.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 15:25   #12
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
My only issue is that it keeps asking for permission to post to my wall.
um.. say no?

I have never had this issue but then I don't sign in through facebook

OPERATION WOODSMAN

Old July 6th, 2012, 15:32   #13
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
I do say no. I shouldn't have to say no more than once.
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 15:34   #14
m102404
Tys

I'm kind of a picky guy...here are some picky things. Take it in a constructively...it's meant that way

1. (New look I suppose) When you go to Ops-center.com there's no "Login"/"My Account"/etc...just the "SIGN UP NOW!" button. Counter intuitive for guys that have an account already.

From there you can get to a page (Ops-center.net) that has Sign Up / Sign In buttons.

2. Just tried to sign in with Facebook (big link on page)...error. It's been 8/10 times going to this site that I've not been able to get into it over the last month. Not sure if it's my computer, my network, etc...I can get into everything else just fine.

Clicked on Sign In (top corner)...get to login prompt...choose facebook, sign in...get prompted to allow OC to post on my behalf (F*CK THAT). Click on do not allow...only option is to skip....then still not logged in. (Tried to join a side and was told I had to be 18....so guessing it didn't log me in).

To be used...it's got to simply be there...working.

Less functionality, bells and whistles, but being able to get in...that'd be ok and do what needed to be done to sign up for a game.

3. (dunno if it's changed)...I thought it was neat to see others close to me...but really I DO NOT want others to see where I am.

4. (dunno if it's changed)....I DO want to get e-mails about the games I've signed up for....I DO NOT want to get e-mails that I've not solicited.

5. Game Fee is grey out checked...but not paying through site...that seems odd, but I know where you're going with this.

6. "Forgot Password" page just has a box and a submit button...not clear on what you want. I guessed e-mail address. Then e-mail sends me to page with two boxes and a submit button...guessing you want new password typed twice.
- you should go through and lable your boxes or put a note in about what you want entered

(BTW...still can't get in...I'm giving up on it for today and will try later this weekend. Brian M...if you get a whole wack of sign ups for tonight from me...sorry, I was testing)

I'm a little dated with some of the latest website stuff and am a bit old fashioned...but I'm pretty computer litterate.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2012, 15:35   #15
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
I do say no. I shouldn't have to say no more than once.
that is facebook for ya

but yes I agree this may be a facebook end issue .. I have no idea but a profile option to NOT show such requests would be good

see here we go.. good feedback

OPERATION WOODSMAN

ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General