Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Im so CONFUSED!

:

General

Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:21   #1
16wiebeke

Im so CONFUSED!

Hello,
Im looking in to buying a Glock 17 replica. I live in Canada so I am able to get one off of 007 airsoft. The front page of this website says that all guns sold there are 100% canadian legal. However this replica pistol only shoots 290 fps. I thought to have a replica in canada it has to shoot in between 366-500 fps.
Anyone know anything about the gun laws,
thanks.
16wiebeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:29   #2
venture

TM Glock 17 on 007 has a clear/smoke lower receiver. Therefore it can shoot less than 366 fps with a .20 gram projectile.

Visit us at :www.ventureairsoft.ca
venture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:34   #3
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Just a note - Replicas are prohibited devices, what you are looking to buy is an unregulated firearm

There are numerous dealers inside of Canada that carry the pistol you are looking to buy though we can not help you much until you are age verified.
Cobrajr122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:57   #4
16wiebeke

Thanks, but i'm still confused. I thought you could have a replica air-soft gun in canada if it shot more than 366 fps and lower than 500fps, and it wouldn't be prohibited. And why would 007 air soft say it is legal when it isn't?
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:02   #5
16wiebeke

Also, some people say that once it's in Canada it is fully legal. True or False?
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:05   #6
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

unregulated. There is a huge write. up on this in the Age Verified Section, Getting Age Verified is really worth it. You can readily get your hands on a full black (or whatever colour, and NO TINTED or Smoked lowers) Glock 17 or pretty much any other airsoft you want for that matter. At good prices to.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:11   #7
16wiebeke

And what do you mean by age verified?
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:35   #8
Bellerophon

Age verified means that you're 18 or older, and you've met with a site representative (showing photo ID and typically having a short interview) to have your age confirmed. Being 18 or older is the requirement for full participation in the airsoft community, this has less to do with maturity and more to do with being legally responsible for yourself (ie, if you do something illegal, it's your fault, not your parents or anybody else).
Read these, and come back.

How to Get Verified! http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=49408

Age Verification FAQ's - updated 2014 version http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=162066

Airsoft and Canadian Law - Important Readme for New Folks http://airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=23034
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:41   #9
Zack The Ripper

Send a message via MSN to Zack The Ripper
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16wiebeke View Post
Thanks, but i'm still confused. I thought you could have a replica air-soft gun in canada if it shot more than 366 fps and lower than 500fps, and it wouldn't be prohibited. And why would 007 air soft say it is legal when it isn't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16wiebeke View Post
Also, some people say that once it's in Canada it is fully legal. True or False?
The FPS range is strictly for importation.

Most, if not all, Green Gas/Propane powered pistols will shoot between 280-310FPS unless they have an extended inner barrel. CO2 pistols are the exception shooting much higher (360FPS+).

If a Canadian retailer has it for sale then it can be purchased, owned, and operated legally. They wouldn't be selling them if it was illegal.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:41   #10
Dynamo
Harvester of Noobs' Sorrow

Send a message via MSN to Dynamo
you have been spoon fed repeatedly already and still can't chew it.. are we going to have to do chewing for you too?

the rules on this site state that information regarding the sale of unregulated firearms (airsoft guns shooting over 366 FPS with a .20g BB) is prohibited for persons under the age of 18.

there is a system in place on this site that lets you verify that you are at least the age of majority (18 or over). it involves meeting an "age verification representative" in person (face to face), so that documentation proving your legal age can be physically viewed and confirmed authentic.

outside of this site, you are free to do as you please. this site has an extensive buy&sell section where you can purchase any gun, accessories and equipment from either members who post such items for sale, or direct access to vendors. which you will only get access to if you are age verified.

as to your confusion.
the glock on the 007 site is considered an unregulated firearm (even though it shoots less than 366 FPS on a .20g BB) because the receiver (frame) is a transparent material. if it were opaque and shoots under 366 FPS, then it would be classified as a replica (prohibited) firearm.
fully black guns sold on other sites will all shoot above 366 FPS as per importation regulations. again, the only exception to have them shoot lower is if the controlled parts of the firearm (receiver) is transparent.
hope this clears things up for you.

Don't look at me, I don't know, lol ¯\(°_o)/¯.
Dynamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:58   #11
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo View Post
as to your confusion.
the glock on the 007 site is considered an unregulated firearm (even though it shoots less than 366 FPS on a .20g BB) because the receiver (frame) is a transparent material.
That is not correct - the pistol in question is neither considered a replica nor an unregulated firearm as it fires UNDER the limit that would grant it unregulated firearm status, and the smoked frame removes it from the replica category. Those pistols and rifles are still a bit of a grey area.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 12:24   #12
16wiebeke

Thanks everyone, I'm sorry for my confusion, it's just that i've heard different things about airsoft laws.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 12:28   #13
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

Don't worry, they are just as confusing as the Firearms Act, and many other laws in this country. As you spend time here and read the explanations posted up you will get it all straightened out.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 14:56   #14
targetGspot

I tried to get age verified but was unable. Everyone I was told to contact here in Manitoba either doesn't do it anymore or just won't answer me. I have however been able to get all the info I needed and purchase guns and gear without it. I would never buy used guns from anyone I didn't personally know anyway so is there really a point to age verification anyway? I'm not trying to be an ass, I would really like to know if there's something I'm missing.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 15:04   #15
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

there are sections of the forum other then the classifieds which require age verification
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General