Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft while living on college residence?

:

General

Closed Thread

Old June 26th, 2016, 15:20   #1
Theesire
Banned

Airsoft while living on college residence?

Heading off to a college in Northern Ontario in Sept and I've been accepted to live on residence.

While going through the agreement I came to this point: "weapons, replica weapons, or any device that is designed for (or could be used for) the purpose to intimidate, threaten, harm, or kill is prohibited"

Assuming anyone who sees me in my gear, with camouflage, gunbags, etc. is going to assume I'm going to shoot the place up and seeing as my airsoft guns themselves wouldn't be allowed on residence, how has anyone here managed to keep their hobby going under these restrictions?

What's your input here? Bring it up to the manager of my residence? Find a workaround of some sort?
Old June 26th, 2016, 15:37   #2
Cobrajr122
2 Cent Tactical

You have a few options here.

1. Fuck the rules : keep your shit in residence anyways and don't be a retard about transporting it in and out. Don't go to and from games in gear, and keep the guns in bags, hidden away. (not gun cases)
There is no reason for anybody to ever see you in your gear or your guns.

2. Get a storage locker in the local area and keep your shit there.
OR - make friends with people living in the area that play, or not, and see if you can store your guns with them.

3. Don't live in residence.

What are you considering 'northern Ontario'? Becasue if your one of the types that think vhan is northern ontario you shouldn't have a problem with number 2.

Last edited by Cobrajr122; June 26th, 2016 at 15:40..
Old June 26th, 2016, 15:55   #3
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via MSN to Janus
Mostly what Cobrajr122 said. I did #1, wasn't a dick about having it, only like two people knew I had it and no one cared.

It's only a problem if YOU make it a problem.
Old June 26th, 2016, 16:10   #4
Bakasaur
Shit Geyser

Ask your residence about it. Some guys from out of Ontario did that at my university. Their stuff was kept under lock and key in a locker in the Manager/Super's office. Every school is different but it's better to let them know then get kicked out of school.

I let mine know whenever I someone drop something off (I usually kept my stuff at my girlfriend's place), and they were chill about it. Just don't flash it around/keep it in the open/etc.
Old June 26th, 2016, 16:18   #5
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

best not to risk storing the shit in res. All it takes is one report and it'll get you into all sorts of trouble, whether it be a friend that sells you out or an over curious, paranoid resident.

Offsite would be my advice. Out of sight, out of mind, no temptation to bring them out, no gear to be seen by susie soccer mom wannabes, etc.
Old June 26th, 2016, 17:03   #6
akko

Or maybe just leave it at home till the school year is Over?

AKMS
TYPE 56-1
Old June 26th, 2016, 17:31   #7
Danke

How about trying a non-pussy school?
Old June 26th, 2016, 17:34   #8
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Just don't be an Idiot. Keep everything in gun cases, and dont flash them about. ESPECIALLY to your college/uni girlfriends to show how tactikewl you are.

My rooomate and I kept all our gear and weapons in residence perfectly fine. One close call with a scheduled room inspection and there were a BUNCH of bb's under the beds >.>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
Old June 26th, 2016, 18:34   #9
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Talk to the school about it first, they aren't truly dangerous, so they may just lay out some ground rules (no obvious gun containers, don't walk around/through campus in gear). If they know, then nothing can happen other than them saying no, but either way I'm sure they'll appreciate you being forthcoming. I wouldn't recommend just doing it and seeing what happens as one incident could be the end of your school situation... Badly.

Off sight storage is the best idea (locker, friends garage, etc). I wouldn't becomes keeping it in your trunk or it may eventually get stolen. Realistically you only have to keep the guns locked up somewhere, gear, batteries, ammo, etc, should all be fine under their rules.

Last edited by Ricochet; June 26th, 2016 at 18:37..
Old June 26th, 2016, 19:49   #10
Short Round
Najohn

Which College is it?

I can tell you right now "asking" if you can bring your airsoft guns into your residence will automatically result in a very awkward talk with your floor leader, whoever runs the residence, and/or the dean.

Most residences prohibit any sort of "gun" including paintball guns, airsoft guns and RS guns (obviously). Some even go as far as prohibiting water guns and nerf guns, hence why most residences feel like living in a prison if anything.

It should say in your residence agreement you had to sign though what is and isn't allowed. If it states paintball guns, I would consider airsoft guns under the same ruling as them as well.

I went to school at a "Northern Ontario College" and stayed at the residence for my first year. I simply brought all my airsoft gear in a tennis bag so no one would question me. My roommate knew about it, but I didn't tell everyone in the residence I did it. People are weird about guns espicially at schools. Never ran into an issue, I will say though, it's college, go party assuming it is your first year.

If you find yourself sitting in your obsessing over airsoft you are doing College wrong.
Old June 26th, 2016, 20:57   #11
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theesire View Post
"weapons, replica weapons, or any device that is designed for (or could be used for) the purpose to intimidate, threaten, harm, or kill is prohibited"
An airsoft rifle is not designed for any of that. Then if you have no intent on doing any illegal stuff with it, I don't see any legal problem.

It's an in-house rule. You can go around it if you respect the purpose of the rule, wich is to keep the peace.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
Old June 26th, 2016, 22:10   #12
Theesire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke View Post
How about trying a non-pussy school?
Non-liberal schools in North America nevermind Ontario? Where?..
Old June 26th, 2016, 22:39   #13
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I wouldn't risk it, I would look to storing it off-site if it's so important to have them near you in college.

Plus based on that weapons definition an airsoft rifle can be used to threaten, intimidate or harm someone if used inappropriately or with bad intentions.
Old June 27th, 2016, 01:12   #14
Flavio

I agree with Red Dot. Better save a possible headache and keep it offsite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old June 27th, 2016, 05:33   #15
mikebarkski

i went to uni on van isl and i new a kid in res who got written up cause some one saw a crossbow in his truck......where do ppl get off going all the way to housing management to report the legal contents of another mans truck (with alberta plates) only crime there is the person snoopin trucks in the parkin lot if ya ask me (they didn't...pfft)

but if you are id say keep it consealed and dont tell anyone (never trust your dorm friends completey during the first month, dont get me wrong, some will be there for both your wedding and funeral, but that first month you meet alot of ppl who turn out to be douche bags)...here's what i did while attending a liberal arts uni: moved into dorms, met EVERYONE in the first month, found out who was gunna rat me out for shit in the second, and find a place off campus with a few of the cooler people just before they evict you in the third month
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General