Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Custom Gun - Bofors Defence Weapon - With PGC

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old July 7th, 2008, 06:26   #61
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunk View Post
Which sums up nicely how I have no problem letting you do it, and post your troubles and fixes first
LOL Cop out Where is the fun in that ;D
Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2008, 06:46   #62
Gunk
In his Trunk!

Send a message via MSN to Gunk
The fun is in keeping my wallet from mutinying at the moment... Despite how much I'd love to try my hand at this, I can't afford it at the moment, and since I've no idea how, I'll let you pave the way... but watch your back
"War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend: the city of the Men of Numenor, and I would have her loved for her memory, her ancientry, her beauty, and her present wisdom. Not feared, save as men may fear the dignity of a man, old and wise." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Gunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2008, 02:54   #63
Knightwarrier

Send a message via MSN to Knightwarrier
hahaha I play Battlefield 2142 and have the modded scar11 unlocked, I recognized it right away, ambitious project, good luck.:tup:
Old July 9th, 2008, 16:34   #64
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFire View Post
If someone hasn't offered already, I have this particular weapon in game, and if you need something for screen captures i can see what i can do.
Any chance of those screen captures?

Also

UPDATE

As the gun grip didnt fit i thoguht i would start modding it

Here are the pictures.. For this you need 1 brand new razer sharp chizzle. The Nylon material that the grip is made from comes away just like wood working with a new chizzle resulting in plastic shavings.

This took about 30 mins woth of time making sure not to remove my fingers. I know it doesnt look perfect as it needs sanding and tidying up some. It's also not a 100% perfect fit yet, however gonig from the stage of you cant fit it on at all to this far isnt bad in the time.

Old July 9th, 2008, 20:04   #65
MestHead

Here's some images I found on yahoo...

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefiel...sault_scar.gif

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/6260/normalvl9.jpg
MestHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 23:38   #66
the_griffinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marriott View Post
Any chance of those screen captures?

Also

UPDATE

As the gun grip didnt fit i thoguht i would start modding it

Here are the pictures.. For this you need 1 brand new razer sharp chizzle. The Nylon material that the grip is made from comes away just like wood working with a new chizzle resulting in plastic shavings.

This took about 30 mins woth of time making sure not to remove my fingers. I know it doesnt look perfect as it needs sanding and tidying up some. It's also not a 100% perfect fit yet, however gonig from the stage of you cant fit it on at all to this far isnt bad in the time.

A variable speed dremel or similar tool is your best friend when doing heavy modding like this IMO. They do just about everything you could think of when it comes to a project like this.
Old July 10th, 2008, 01:32   #67
Dusti69

Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
after reading this thread about this awesome mega project i really wanted to say something great but i can only think of a few things

wow
holy shit dude
good luck
cant wait to see the finished result
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 02:54   #68
Jayhad

Marriot I have built a few of the 8 mm pro-wins now and you may want to stick with the springs the mech box comes with. In all cases a Systema M130 shoots 460fps, a Madbull M120 shoots 420fps and M110s shoot 390fps all with .20s. The weaker spring of the two that PGC sends you should meet you needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kos View Post
I swear, I didn't find out about it till I got home from bangin' little miss rotten-crotch!
Jayhad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2008, 04:07   #69
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_griffinator View Post
A variable speed dremel or similar tool is your best friend when doing heavy modding like this IMO. They do just about everything you could think of when it comes to a project like this.
Yea i have thought about getting one several times. the one worry i have with those little buggers and ive seen this happen. They are so sharp or good at what they do, ie cutting disks, that if you slip you prety muchslice through anything in the way lol! A least doing things by hand limits the amount of expensive cockups you can actually do. Sure the electric tool may be faster but this could result in mahoosive expensive mistakes hehe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti69 View Post
after reading this thread about this awesome mega project i really wanted to say something great but i can only think of a few things

wow
holy shit dude
good luck
cant wait to see the finished result
An excellent choice of words there +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
Marriot I have built a few of the 8 mm pro-wins now and you may want to stick with the springs the mech box comes with. In all cases a Systema M130 shoots 460fps, a Madbull M120 shoots 420fps and M110s shoot 390fps all with .20s. The weaker spring of the two that PGC sends you should meet you needs.
Humm i did think about that. THe one i got came with M130 and a M80. I have chrono'd both springs and the M130 shoots about 440fps and the M80 shoots about 285fps... (Generally M80's shoot about 245fps i've found so the air sealing on the pro-win is working well. I'm wondering if maybe an M90 would be best for this project because i think with this gearbox it will be about 320 possibly. Site limits here ate 328fps +10% on certain sites that allow this 10% to be used (Generally outdoor ones).

Cheers for the posts people! Hopefully the RedDot will be here soon! Funds low and i really badly need the Mosquito molds mini launcher!

LOL Donations welcome hehe!

However i had a result yesterday! managed to find a chap who would sell me the M203 standard hand guard - Going to modify this and add it on to the Mini launcher when i get it. - Result!
Old July 11th, 2008, 05:13   #70
Marriott

UPDATE

The fun continues!!! M203 Grip and Red Dot Just arrived!!!

I really want that Mini Launcher and the Top RIS Setup lol.... I think that might be a little while off now though for the momnent.

Last edited by Marriott; July 11th, 2008 at 06:33..
Old July 12th, 2008, 09:32   #71
Dusti69

Send a message via Yahoo to Dusti69
dude i hope you realize pics and words of a finished product simply wont be enough for a project of this magnitude. i think i speak for enough of us when i say........
we will require a youtube video review/demonstration also
dont let the elitist gun snobs who only clicked on your post to thread shit tell you other wise (they are OHHHH so helpful here- they wont offer you any help but will be self rightous pricks cause they are CLEARLY 'pros' who overpaid for their guns roflmao)
Dusti69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2008, 04:05   #72
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusti69 View Post
dude i hope you realize pics and words of a finished product simply wont be enough for a project of this magnitude. i think i speak for enough of us when i say........
we will require a youtube video review/demonstration also
Hehe, I hear ya With any luck once the full kits setup - "IF" and i mean if i can get the armour plans setup too that will have video reccoring gear in - Hopefully with large amounts of storage for footage with can be edited to videos

Youube Video/Demo is not a band idea!

Also small update I was gaming a couple of days ago and at the site my eyes homed in and saw someone with the Mini launcher i have been eyeing up for months. He paid £140... $ 280 :O Owchy lol... And it confirmed my previous research and word of mouth points that the grenade it comes with is not very good. So i spent a while on the net and started hunting around worldwide for this little bugger.

Found it at a shop that sells it With and Without the Grenade!!!! $105 Without the grenade Postage was high though like 47$ but the total still came to about half the price they cost here - so i ordered it lol.... It should be on its way soon.. There are not too many more Large purchases left now which im relieved at!

Stock is still making me think alot on how to pull it off. I'm still thinking 0.8mm mild steel thats formed/welded together maybe best. Then giving it a good coating and sealing in. Still not 100% - Not keen on the plastic approach.... The front of the gun is all solid metal so i need counter balance weight.
Any Ideas.. Let me know!

Stay tuned!
Old July 17th, 2008, 05:19   #73
Marriott

Ok.... That’s good service... This is from a Japan shop.

Check this out... 2 Frigging days from posting! (Missed Mondays post) But Geez! And No Customs Whoop Whoop.

Posting Date Posting Time Drop-off Point
15-Jul-2008 15:04 Kwong Wa Street Post Office

Date # Location Delivery Status
15-Jul-2008 Hong Kong Item posted and is being processed.
15-Jul-2008 Hong Kong Processed for departure.
15-Jul-2008 Hong Kong The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 16-Jul-2008
16-Jul-2008 United Kingdom Arrived and is being processed.
16-Jul-2008 United Kingdom In transit.
17-Jul-2008 United Kingdom Arrived the delivery office and is being processed.

PS Seller is awsome... Big letters on the declaration form - BIRTHDAY GIFT hehe Win!

Anyhow, it’s only just arrived but here are some pictures of it quickly fixed to the lower rails. Can now at least start working out the best way for eh M203 Grip to be added. I think on first looking it maybe a good idea to split the grip into two parts. I wanted to keep it as one part but it's actually a fair bit longer than the launcher and therefore would cause opening issues for the grenade to enter.

Any thoguhts?

Here are a few pictures with it mounted and you can see how long the M203 grip is in relation to the Launcher.

Old July 17th, 2008, 06:48   #74
Muffin

Not sure what access you would have to tools, but if you even just have a hack saw you could trim the grip to the same length as the launcher. However, the whole front end sits really low, just curious if that may be too low to hold comfortably.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2008, 07:35   #75
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
Not sure what access you would have to tools, but if you even just have a hack saw you could trim the grip to the same length as the launcher. However, the whole front end sits really low, just curious if that may be too low to hold comfortably.
Yea i was thinking hacksaw would be the best best after carefully working it out.... Only have one grip lol. The main thing with this is trying not to muck anything up because it will cost more lol.

The grip on there is just resting in pics 2 and 3, so it will fit over the launcher when its done. In picture 1 it shows the grip a little high hence the red arrow would be ideally where it would be situated. It's fairly low down but it's actually really comfy. As its a support gun thats going to weigh a lot i think it will still have a sling on it and so its not going to be a gun brought up to eye level that offen. Imagine holding a gun around the waitline.

Started to do some work to the grip and Mini Launcher. Removing some of the Grenade launchers mechanism and trimming back the grip.

Last edited by Marriott; July 17th, 2008 at 16:36..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications