Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Custom Gun - Bofors Defence Weapon - With PGC

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old September 23rd, 2008, 04:06   #106
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos-Mos View Post
Unfortunately, the supplier of the controller chip takes forever to reply to me.

It's been over 2 months now that I am waiting for the chip.

If you go with the resistor selector, you will build enought heat to light a cigar...
Humm.... Resister doesnt sound like a good idea then LOL... I'm looking for a Master power on switch at the mo and looking at 30Amp Illuminated Switches.

For this setup controller chip, are there many parts needed?

That manufacturer sounds lame. 2 Months is shocking service!
Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 22:19   #107
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

If you're looking for some type of base "armor" to work with for that High-Tech suit you mentioned earlier to go with the gun, I'd recommend Beastgear. I've been planning on buying up some of their armor to build a "Future-Look" protective set... I just need to find some other gear to go with it, belts and such to carry my existing black gear.
Old September 24th, 2008, 07:08   #108
Marriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
If you're looking for some type of base "armor" to work with for that High-Tech suit you mentioned earlier to go with the gun, I'd recommend Beastgear. I've been planning on buying up some of their armor to build a "Future-Look" protective set... I just need to find some other gear to go with it, belts and such to carry my existing black gear.
Cheers for that! Yes i will be eventually putting together a full High Tech suit and hopefully it will be as pimping as the gun!

I've sent a few e-mails out to ebay power sellers of armour, they sell them low price but i'm asking if they have any oddments etc. The reason is so far with everything i have purchased so far it has been voided and chopped up and modified. As it doesnt really need to provide actual protection i'm going to try get hold of oddments here and there if possible ad start customising things.

I would like to get AV gear in to it and i'm trying to think up other smart/usefull things to include in the suit.Maybe not as far as the Nano suit from crysis but you get the idea.

The 12V battery pack arrived yesterday from ehobby.... Standard postage and it took 3 days includding shipping day from HK!!!! Thats frigging fast! however My other inbound parcel the charger has been cought by customs Grrrrr so waiting to see if any charges are going to be added.

Also means i can't test out the 12v pack till i get it as my charger is only good for up to 9.6v....

On another note. The heat shrink tubing, and wire rolls have arrived today. The pro-win gearbox now has fully 16AWG wiring inside it, surprisingly it was very easy to do! The 18AWG stuff is too thin in my view. The wire gets hot. Hot wire = wasted energy by producing heat as it cant move the power fast enough along with resistance. This new wiring runs cool and can take much higher current/volts now.

I cannot wait to try this 12v pack. I did plug it in but was only minimum power inside it so it was not faster thana 9.6v pack. I need to remove the 2nd tooth on my piston because i'm worried it will destroy the piston otherwise. I also think i might need to get a delay sector gear clip. Anyone got any input on these?

Cheers peeps! I really want to get progress underway again... I havn't totaled things up for a while but teh cost is getting worrying lol!!
Marriott is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications