Shotguns I should lookout for @ Toronto convention

:

Newbie Tank

Old March 4th, 2011, 02:54   #16
Gato
ASC's Whiny Bitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskaryot View Post
I see. Well I've been told that multi-barrel that shoots 1 bb per "barrel" gives the best performance.
Ok, stop typing and do some research, every one of your posts tags you further as an imbecile.

Pay attention here and you may learn something for once in your life.

Let's say there is one "outer" barrel (that's the big barrel that looks like the one on a real gun) inside that, there will be three "inner" barrels (they're small and usually look like some kind of brass, these don't exist on a real gun) the shell will load one BB into each of these per movement of the action, although more than one movement of the action without firing the gun will damage it. This is what's meant by "Multi Barrel action", it has nothing to do with "Double barrel shotguns"
Certified Level 3.1415926 Sniper Certified
Certified Level 3.1415926 Orbital Weapons platform Certified
Gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:01   #17
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gato View Post
Ok, stop typing and do some research, every one of your posts tags you further as an imbecile.

Pay attention here and you may learn something for once in your life.

Let's say there is one "outer" barrel (that's the big barrel that looks like the one on a real gun) inside that, there will be three "inner" barrels (they're small and usually look like some kind of brass, these don't exist on a real gun) the shell will load one BB into each of these per movement of the action, although more than one movement of the action without firing the gun will damage it. This is what's meant by "Multi Barrel action", it has nothing to do with "Double barrel shotguns"
He's right, what the fuck is your problem? Multi-barrel shotguns shoot 1 BB per barrel, exactly like he says/thinks.

He never said anything about double barrel shotguns or any of that jazz.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:11   #18
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Ok I did a bit of research and 3 brands caught my eye

TSD M3
DE M56
UTG M3

Apparently, the TSD M3 has a metal outerbarrel and comes with more freebies. Other than that, it's pretty much the same as the other two.

TM shotguns seems to be better, but are more expensive by comparison.

Do you guys have any other inputs or other recommendations?

And please don't argue in this post, I never said anything about double barreled shotguns.
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:32   #19
L473ncy

God damn that Kingsix^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Iskaryot guy.... such a noob

If you're looking for something for gun I highly recommend the Canadian Tire Tri-Shot TM clone (S34P). They come on sale sometimes, just never pay full price for one. They sometimes break but it's not a terribly large amount of money especially if you're only using it for CQB a few times a year.

Other than that TM has an M3 obviously since there are clones of it out on the market, and I can't really say for certain about the other multi barrel shotguns but those are probably the ones to look out for.

If you're wanting a shotgun for a primary then may I suggest the gas ones like the Marushin or something (warning it'll probably be pretty expensive).
Old March 4th, 2011, 03:40   #20
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
God damn that Kingsix^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Iskaryot guy.... such a noob

If you're looking for something for gun I highly recommend the Canadian Tire Tri-Shot TM clone (S34P). They come on sale sometimes, just never pay full price for one. They sometimes break but it's not a terribly large amount of money especially if you're only using it for CQB a few times a year.

Other than that TM has an M3 obviously since there are clones of it out on the market, and I can't really say for certain about the other multi barrel shotguns but those are probably the ones to look out for.

If you're wanting a shotgun for a primary then may I suggest the gas ones like the Marushin or something (warning it'll probably be pretty expensive).
Lol what does this have to do with Kingsix? XD
Canadian tire shotgun... the clearsoft one? I don't really trust Canadian Tire airsoft guns but I'll keep an eye out.
And no, not primary. Just a cheap one I can play with till T88 or KWA TT-33 comes out. After that, I'll just lend it to friends if I invite them to the airsoft games. Or I could mod it for the lulz.
Old March 4th, 2011, 06:29   #21
Deadpool

Quote:
Canadian tire shotgun... the clearsoft one? I don't really trust Canadian Tire airsoft guns but I'll keep an eye out.
And no, not primary. Just a cheap one I can play with till T88 or KWA TT-33 comes out. After that, I'll just lend it to friends if I invite them to the airsoft games. Or I could mod it for the lulz.
Crosman S34p is the only crapsoft you can trust. But they are fragile. But a coat of flat black and your good to go for some great fun.

Bought my second one last week for 72$. Great price, even for crapsoft.

Vérificateur d'age Mauricie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
So you're saying we cannot engage in a hobby once we are older?

Children these days.
Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 08:36   #22
Short Round
Najohn

Don't you have to be OVER 18 to purchase guns at the convention?

Last edited by Short Round; March 4th, 2011 at 08:39..
Short Round is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:31   #23
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Najohn View Post
Don't you have to be OVER 18 to purchase guns at the convention?
I am over 18? What, you think I'm some random kidiot just cause I'm not AV'd yet? Maybe getting AV'd is what I'll be doing at the convention
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:33   #24
FACE
a.k.a. Phoneguy

Quote:
I am over 18?
Are you asking us?

You'll be able to run into a few age verifiers at the convention if you'd like. Check out who's going to be there on the Toronto Convention thread.

Cheers,
FACE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
Long story short:
If your gun is in Canada, leave it in Canada.
If your gun is not in Canada, leave it outside of Canada.
FACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:36   #25
L473ncy

Quote:
Lol it's cause apparently people confuse you with Kingsix all the time

Anyways yeah, the clearsoft S34P is the one you want. At $69.99 on sale it's a decent buy and great if you "salt and pepper" your BB's with a mix of .20's .25's and .28's so that you get a good random spread when you're firing (if that's your thing).

But again be careful, it's fragile and the screws can easily strip and you can crack the body. A coat of Krylon matte black and you're good to go pretty much. Also, shells may be ordered from outside the country, since it's a TM clone you can use TM shells I think they go for like $14 USD for like a 6 pack and add in shipping and stuff and I think you're sitting at around $20-25 for a pack of shotgun shells.
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:42   #26
Cifyra
Iskaryot

Quote:

Anyways yeah, the clearsoft S34P is the one you want. At $69.99 on sale it's a decent buy and great if you "salt and pepper" your BB's with a mix of .20's .25's and .28's so that you get a good random spread when you're firing (if that's your thing).

But again be careful, it's fragile and the screws can easily strip and you can crack the body. A coat of Krylon matte black and you're good to go pretty much. Also, shells may be ordered from outside the country, since it's a TM clone you can use TM shells I think they go for like $14 USD for like a 6 pack and add in shipping and stuff and I think you're sitting at around $20-25 for a pack of shotgun shells.
By the way, I heard TSD, DE, UTG, and Crossman shotguns are actually made by the same company. And TSD apparently has a metal outer-barrel and the pump-slide thing. Anyone can confirm if the TSD is more durable than the S34P, or does it break just as easily?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FACE View Post
Are you asking us?

You'll be able to run into a few age verifiers at the convention if you'd like. Check out who's going to be there on the Toronto Convention thread.

Cheers,
FACE
I think I'll just ask around once I'm there :P
Old March 4th, 2011, 12:43   #27
cooney

Quote:
Kingsix doesn't like Touhou :P and doesn't ask a billion question

Now I'm very interested in these TSD Shotguns, metal outer barrel VS plastic shotgun outer barrel Crossman! :O

I hit a wall pretty badly and the front of my shotgun chipped off, purely cosmetic but looks fugly.
cooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 13:16   #28
teriases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooney View Post
Kingsix doesn't like Touhou :P and doesn't ask a billion question

Now I'm very interested in these TSD Shotguns, metal outer barrel VS plastic shotgun outer barrel Crossman! :O

I hit a wall pretty badly and the front of my shotgun chipped off, purely cosmetic but looks fugly.
Lol touhou

I still haven't caught onto K-ON Cooney san.

I was just saying when I read this post I always read STd shotguns and not TSD lol...

Hopefully I'll see u all at the convention. I'll be bringing some money to shop so u guys better have this in stock!
teriases is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2011, 13:34   #29
Cifyra
Iskaryot

I only have $150 to spend, tops

And I'm not even 100% sure if I'll be able to go or not yet, maybe only 60% sure...

But its all kewl, as long as I can get a cheap shotty I can mess around with
Old March 4th, 2011, 13:38   #30
MadMorbius
Reminder about exercising restraint in this section. Timeouts are imminent.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank