Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

No Age Verifiers in Halifax NS

:

Newbie Tank

Old August 19th, 2009, 08:07   #16
Duilin

chances are you wont ever see potato with airsoft agian, he screwed many people over on this website.

Knight only lives in Halifax during school time, after that he lives here in Riverview, an bean is now in Gagetown.

your best bet now is going to be to get them up to our games for it until we can get some NS AVers.
Duilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:07   #17
Panzerfaust

Interestingly enough except for Bean, no OTHER ASC staffers seem to be concerned with this issue.

http://www.novascotiaairsoft.ca
Panzerfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:09   #18
Panzerfaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duilin View Post
chances are you wont ever see potato with airsoft agian, he screwed many people over on this website.

Knight only lives in Halifax during school time, after that he lives here in Riverview, an bean is now in Gagetown.

your best bet now is going to be to get them up to our games for it until we can get some NS AVers.
Knight is pretty much full time in NB, and somehowe I don't see anybody drive from Shelbourne or Yarmouth to Dorchester, NB to get verified. It is difficult enough to get them to come Halifax.

Last edited by Panzerfaust; August 19th, 2009 at 08:13..
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:13   #19
NavyShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
By saying that you have legally owned real firearms, have some special license for them (your right I have no idea what 12(3) cut-off for firearms ownership means) and this is what make you responsible enough to becom an age verifier. in my opinion thats like me saying that just because i have had a drivers license since 1995 then because ive never had a DUI then I am responsible enough to hand out drivers licenses.
Well, I guess you missed my point. Yes, I own real firearms. That was not so much the point...the point was that I've owned them for 17+ years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny
From what ive read and been hearing people are trying to get something going here in nova scotia. So see how it plays out, hope we get it done. and hey why not come out to one of our regular games in Dorchester, NB? there is quite a few of us that regularly make the drive. not saying you should, just something to think about.

remember this is all just "my" opinion.
If there is no way to establish a community presence in Halifax, (argueably the largest population center in the maritimes) then how are you going to attract people to drive hours away to participate in an event?

Particularly if they cannot get age verified to purchase the airsoft gun they'd need to be able to participate in said event?

I fully understand the need to vett potential participants, but when your system is now setup to effectively exclude the largest population center in the maritimes, I think there's something you need to get fixed.

And soon.

You've got 3 military personnel with almost 20 years service here....I'm pretty sure that we're responsible folks. Letting a guy who flys a helo for a living confirm that someone is over the age of majority is not a hard task.

If you're concerned about continuety in the participants, well, guess what...that's already for the most part gone.

*shrug*

Over to you guys.

This is a situation where "If it ain't broke don't fix it" absolutely doesn't apply. The system here in Halifax is broken. FIX IT.

NS

One shot, one tequilla
NavyShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:50   #20
jcpenny

your right I must have missed your point. Dont get me wrong i am not trying to argue with you. I have met and played some airsoft games with subman, and panzer. and I would definatly recommend either as good enough to be av'ers. But i dont have that authority, and it seems like you are asking people you have never met to give you that resposibility. Im not saying we shouldnt be pushing for some verifiers in nova scotia, just that saying if we dont get some, screw ASC we will do things ourself. I just think that after submarineman made his post, maybe post and say you agree but dont get angry because there are rules and procedures.

just my opinion again.
Old August 19th, 2009, 13:30   #21
Goldidig

Everyone is just getting a bit frustrated with a boondoggle situation that really should be very simply to fix. The lads are right though, if it wasn't for Bean, we wouldn't have any communication at all. It is like nobody is getting our private messages or emails regarding this issue EXCEPT for Bean as not a soul has responded EXCEPT Bean as far as I know. I don't understand why someone who is a verifer can't simply vouch for a few new verifiers and get this problem solved. I am sure Bean has met several of the candidates suggested for the job and knows they are mature, reputable well trained military guys. Does anyone know if the moderators are even noticing this thread at all? Maybe Bean should let them know to take a look at it.
Al
Goldidig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 14:48   #22
NavyShooter

Added to the "Verification issues thread".....perhaps someone will take notice soon....

BTW, I'm going to be in Ottawa in about 3 weeks, so if meeting with someone up there to progress this might help (I know Ontario MUST be the center of all things airsoft in Canada) I'd be able to do that.

NS

One shot, one tequilla
Old August 20th, 2009, 15:07   #23
Panzerfaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyShooter View Post
Added to the "Verification issues thread".....perhaps someone will take notice soon....
Don't hold your breath

Old August 20th, 2009, 16:05   #24
submarineman

Send a message via MSN to submarineman
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
Don't hold your breath
I second that, I get the feeling that people out west maybe think that we are a bunch of hicks, but when it comes to guns and stuff they all like to get there stuff from here. Again my opinion. It just gets frusturating that when we PM staff mbrs other then Bean we get ignored but if we bump 1 day ahead of time we get in an infraction on our file mighty quick.

Dolphin code 37
``Submariners have bigger balls``
submarineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 16:05   #25
NavyShooter

Breath not held....

One shot, one tequilla
Old August 20th, 2009, 16:10   #26
bean
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to bean
Guys there is only one person who can make this happen and he isn't around. We know bitching in here day after day wont make him transport near his computer faster. I already recommended three of the mashers as age reps.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 16:22   #27
NavyShooter

Bean,

That's the answer that was needed....

NS

One shot, one tequilla
Old August 20th, 2009, 16:42   #28
submarineman

Send a message via MSN to submarineman
Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
Guys there is only one person who can make this happen and he isn't around. We know bitching in here day after day wont make him transport near his computer faster. I already recommended three of the mashers as age reps.
Sorry Beanman, I was not aware of that. Thank you.
That changes things...

Dolphin code 37
``Submariners have bigger balls``
submarineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2009, 20:33   #29
Panzerfaust

Thanks Bean!

Old August 21st, 2009, 04:26   #30
Goldidig

Thanks Bean. Good to hear that!