:

Newbie Tank

Closed Thread

Old October 19th, 2009, 16:27   #16
Acidictadpole

Send a message via MSN to Acidictadpole
Quote:
Originally Posted by ujiro View Post
Oh yes, I am sorry if it sounded like I was directing that at you. I wasn't accusing you of being impatient one bit. But there are very, VERY many people who post the day after meeting with their AV rep and wondering when they will be AV'd, how long it will take, why it hasn't gone through yet, etc.

The process is only slow because it is one or two people who update the status on the website, and they are very busy people. However, they are trustworthy and have been doing this for years. It would need to be someone who was as trustworthy as these people and as committed and dedicated to this community to take their place.

The reason why it isn't instant isn't due to systems limitations, just due to the lives of those who have the power to update the statuses.
Sorry for retorting so strongly if it wasn't directed at me. My patience is something I take pride in so when someone questions it I do what I can to defend it.

I understand the trustworthiness required for updating the site, but if all those trustworthy people do is read the thread posted to by the Age verifiers and update solely based on that, then it's the AVers that need to be trustworthy and not the people who update (they still need to be trustworthy, but not with this procedure). Since the AVers need to be trusted enough to put the correct, and non-fraudulent data into this thread and the updaters take it for its face value, then why don't the AVers have update access also?

I'm very sure there is a reason, I don't want to seem patronizing but I'm sure they've thought of this. The reason could simply be, "We have little time as it is, implementing this feature is not feasible with our timetables". And that's where myself or other members of our community step in and write the module ourselves, and submit it for review and use.
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
~Epicurus
Old October 19th, 2009, 22:10   #17
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
I actually like this dudes idea. It makes sense if the AVers are the ones able to flip the switch since its their judgment being used, seeing as the mods did not meet the person the AVER did. If there was a way to have the AVers make the change soley by entering the users name in a thread on the AVers forum, how I assume they do it now, then it would save time for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Old October 19th, 2009, 22:10   #18
hazardous

I wasn't complaining either, just stating. Someone asked how long. A few guys said 3 days. I said it's been 9 thus far me. Letting him/her know it could be more than 3 days. No complaints, patiently waiting. We all know that admins have lives just like the rest of us.
Old October 19th, 2009, 22:11   #19
Acidictadpole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
I actually like this dudes idea. It makes sense if the AVers are the ones able to flip the switch since its their judgment being used, seeing as the mods did not meet the person the AVER did. If there was a way to have the AVers make the change soley by entering the users name in a thread on the AVers forum, how I assume they do it now, then it would save time for everyone.
You got it.
~Epicurus
Old October 19th, 2009, 22:13   #20
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
Took me around 5 days myself. Maybe a week. Its been a while.

Either way, however long it takes it'll be well worth the wait.

However...
Your avatar just gave me cat a seizure.

I shit you not.

Old October 19th, 2009, 22:33   #21
Darklen
Administrator

Not going to happen. To do that would mean every age verifier would have to be made an site admin. You need to be a site admin (top most level of site security) in order to view and change members profiles. I highly doubt Lisa would be willing to allow the age verifiers access to make whatever changes they see fit to other members profiles.
Old October 19th, 2009, 23:12   #22
Acidictadpole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklen View Post
Not going to happen. To do that would mean every age verifier would have to be made an site admin. You need to be a site admin (top most level of site security) in order to view and change members profiles. I highly doubt Lisa would be willing to allow the age verifiers access to make whatever changes they see fit to other members profiles.
That's how it works with the current system right? Obviously it would need to be changed. You guys seem to have done a great job with either creating or finding the mod that allows restricting those forums.

As an example, make age verified a group and make all the AVers group admins. Just a slight example, as more thought would be needed than just that.

Also, please do not understand this to be a call to action to change the system. I was simply inquiring originally. However, it may present a topic of discussion next time you guys meet for a state of the union.
~Epicurus

Last edited by Acidictadpole; October 19th, 2009 at 23:18..
Old October 19th, 2009, 23:20   #23
drew2r

Send a message via Skype™ to drew2r
I got mine done at army issue and it was up the day after, so it really can varies but no more then three days.
Old October 20th, 2009, 17:29   #24
Drake
E-01

I generally do an update every 10 days or 2 weeks, sometimes more often.

Asides what Darklen pointed out, every batch has some usernames not found, or wrong usernames submitted, etc. Call it proofreading.

I'm doing a batch tonight so keep your shirts on.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank