Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Nitesiters

:

Reviews

Old January 23rd, 2014, 15:59   #1
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Nitesiters

So I finally got my package of nitesiters the other day. Basically what it is is Night time inserts for your standard pistol iron sights. Apparently they are supposed to be brighter then tritium.....and cost SIGNIFICANTLY less! So I decided to buy them and here are the results.

Website: http://www.nitesiters.com/Nitesiters...ht_Sights.html

This is what the package looks like when it comes in the mail, just a standard small box.

These are the tools. Alcohol and q-tips for cleaning your iron sights off, toothpicks to help slide the dots/strips into place, an included bottle of super glue for just in case, a razor blade to lift the dots off the packaging and of course the dots themselves. These are the large dot and strip set. You can bu a smaller version which would fit the typical iron sights.

After a quick instal, of less then 5 minutes this is what it looks like. IN daylight they don't glow, but as soon as your surroundings start loosing light the dots noticeably help improve you target acquisition.

After leaving my gun in a completely dark room for over an hour, after charging the sites with a UV flashlight for 4 minutes this is what it looks like.

I apologize for the fuzziness, but it was a completely dark room with no ambient lighting.

Overall, for 15 bucks, these "sight addons" were a good buy. The only problem being is you HAVE to charge them with a light source. Ive found that simple exposure to sunlight for a few minutes is sufficient, but if you purchase one of the UV flashlights they sell, your a golden. Especially if there is downtime between games, you can just lie your pistol on a table with the light on it.

On a side note, you may want to put in an addition in your "special instructions" box if you order a set. I asked them to draw a T-Rex with a sandwich on the package...and this is what I got:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 17:00   #2
Boris the Blade

Thank you so much for writing this review, I have been looking for a good nightsighters review for a few weeks now and I only found one, which did not even have photos or a description for how bright they were, or even where to buy them.
Old January 23rd, 2014, 17:02   #3
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Good review. 15 bucks is very affordable considering the cost of say Truglo tritium night sights are pushing the $140 mark.

How much did you end up paying for shipping?
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 17:53   #4
daishi

Send a message via MSN to daishi
Well I bought the UV tac light for $20, and then the large dots set for $17. With currency exchange and shipping I paid $48.42. I also found a 10% off coupon online. I think it was like "nitesighters" or something. Try googling it it was super easy to find.

So in general its about 10-11 bucks in shipping. Not to bad.

***edit***
Coupon: NITESITERS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian291 View Post
This is one of the funniest things I've read.
Commandment 1 of LMGesus: Fuck getting kills. That's the job of your teammates, otherwise known as the cannon fodder. Your job is to be scary.

Last edited by daishi; January 23rd, 2014 at 18:05..
daishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2014, 23:29   #5
Kungpow

Heres a pic of the Glow-On paint that I added to my (dirty) sights.
Charged with a Surefire G2X for 15 seconds.
The paint came in a small bottle that can be applyed to multiple sights.

Im still wondering if this was the best paint for the sights.
Kungpow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 11:07   #6
CarpentryHero

V10 glow paint is the best I've seen, they sell latex paint and powder, if you think your going to be to ruff on it for a latex paint to handle, I suggest mixing the powder in a clear epoxy and applying it that way.

Tritium is pretty awesome, glows for 10-20 years but wow the price is steep. I'd probably just buy the vial size I want, drill the holes and epoxy em in. Vials are $10-40 dollars depending on size, last I checked. 5min lepage epoxy at homedepot worked on a flashlight mod i did with tritium.

Last edited by CarpentryHero; May 7th, 2014 at 11:11..
CarpentryHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:43   #7
ShelledPants

The bonus surrounding tritium is that there is no charging required. It's bright when you need it, when its dark, if you have a light you should fight with your light and not bother charging glow in the dark stars on your pistol, giving your position away.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:54   #8
leth1337

The big advantage I see with these are that they charge in the daylight and when you enter dark room during daytime operations you arent struggling to find your sites
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:59   #9
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

I have these on my WE Little Bird, they're okay. Daylight/ambient light is not strong enough to make them really glow however they are better than the stock dots on the gun. I would probably try the daysiters they sell as well since I prefer to use my light instead of charging these things up.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 06:41   #10
zzzzsleepy8

I wonder if anyone tried to do something similar with some glow in the dark paint. Just a dab or two. On their AEGs too. THinking about doing that for the backup flip up sights.
zzzzsleepy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 11:09   #11
MultipleParadox

Look at Luminol paint/powder
It's what they use on some high end watches hands and numbers/ticks

You can find some info about these and how it's applied on some watch forums

Personally I bought the Gunsmodify tritium sights for my glock. Haven't tested them in very dark place yet but I am not that impressed with them.

From the photos I wouldn't be surprised the Nitesiters are brighter (because bigger?)

Bad photo inbound

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:46   #12
zzzzsleepy8

Yeah thanks I'll look into doing that for my flip up iron sights. Might try something different and go with glow in the dark red color if I can find it.

Nice trijcon sights. They're the best. No need for batteries and always on.
zzzzsleepy8 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews