Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

DIY wall mount / gun rack?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 7th, 2011, 20:33   #31
GODSPEED|seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
GODSPEED, wow seems like a lot of thought was put into that.

I didn't see how the window sill was recessed but yeah considering your thought process that's actually a pretty solid place to put your gun rack (for airsoft.... I think for real steel the police/CFO might have a problem with putting them there like that even with a trigger lock and a cable lock bolted to the wall or w/e).

Personally, I don't show off my shit like that, out of sight out of mind but once I build my secret underground bunker a la "Blast from the Past" I'll have a whole room dedicated to guns and stuff just like in Boondock Saints (especially the rope.... gotta have the stupid feckin rope).
From a personal experience; a policeman once saw me with my airsoft, right away told him it wasn't real.. he actually was quite impressed and held it, I offered him to try it, but he didn't; explained to him WHY I had that. He did say it was pretty neat and the whole tactical game sounded like lots of fun, then he just walked off (he realized I wasn't some little troublemaker or some kid up to no good). I won't get into the details of HOW or WHERE that happened.. but no I wasn't robbing a store or doing anything stupid that would give Airsoft(ers) a bad name. And I'm strictly against public display of Airsoft equipment, wether it's at the corner store or your local bank.. hihi

About the real steel.. hum, I know laws everywhere are kind of different, but I haven't done any particular reasearch as to proper gun storage. Although, I am quite positive - that with a gun lock and no ammunition present - a rifle or shotgun could legally be sowcased on a wall. (Maybe a tactical shotgun may not complement a victorian styled living room.. but a musket would..) none the less, I don't see why not. You're boss in your home as long as you stay civil.

:idea: Maybe if I hang a rope though... might get me into some trouble.. hmmm... I wonder.
GODSPEED|seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 20:47   #32
UrbanSniper

The laws are different,

For Non restricted:
Storage- http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...age-3.html#h-3

Restriced-
Storage- http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...age-4.html#h-4

Displaying of firearms- http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/r...age-5.html#h-6
UrbanSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 21:05   #33
GODSPEED|seven

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSniper View Post
Thank you very much for taking the time to post this information. This is indeed very interesting..

..I'll buy a safe to lock up my Airsoft BB's... hehehe
Old April 7th, 2011, 21:21   #34
audi_bhoy

It was a G&G UMP, now it's sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODSPEED|seven View Post
Is that UMP a classic army or G&G?

audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2011, 21:35   #35
GODSPEED|seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi_bhoy View Post
It was a G&G UMP, now it's sold.
Was it any good? I've heard lots of issues with Velocity not being constant and internals not being that awesome.. so I went the Classic Army route and so far so good.
Old April 7th, 2011, 22:20   #36
audi_bhoy

I'll be brief, as this thread is about gun racks, but G&G are know for having compression issues, mainly due to the piston head, and at sometimes the nozzle.
audi_bhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2011, 09:03   #37
puppydg68

I've ordered some gridwall for display.. I ordered in black, a few people i know use this, and you often see it used in the movies. Google gridwall and you can take a look. Lots of options for hooks and storage. This is my friends paintball setup
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (315.7 KB, 58 views)
puppydg68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2011, 17:25   #38
GODSPEED|seven

I checked that out, and that will be my next upgrade.. I would just like to know how much I should expect to pay for shipping to canada.. They cannot tell me unless I go thru with an order.
Old October 9th, 2011, 20:05   #39
Jcotter

A friend of mine was throwing a piece of slatwall away so I was able to get it free. It had been painted white and was left outside for a few days by the time I had got it. The first thing I had to do was take it inside and clean it. After getting all the bugs and dirt off of it, I got some green painters tape and started to tape over the white.

Once I had the entire top covered in tape, I trimmed the tape off of the edges of the slatwall.

Once I had all my taping done, I painted the cracks with flat black spray paint. I made sure to get the ends of the slatwall as well.

After letting the spray paint dry I removed the tape, leaving the tops white, the cracks and, ends black.

Using a roller and paint I had color matched to the walls in my room, I painted all of the white red.

While letting the paint dry I painted some strapping I had left over from another project black. After everything had dried, I glued the strapping to the face of the slatwall. Once dried I added some finish nails for good measure.

I then glued and nailed more strapping to the edges I had painted black earlier. Making a frame.

For mounting the gun and any accessories I have to the slatwall ,I picked up some pegboard hardware that would also work on the slatwall and painted then flat black. This was the only thing I had to go buy which cost the $2.00. (everything else I already had or, got for free)

Once I had the slatwall mounted to some studs I painted the screw holes, finish nails and any other spots that needed touched up.

here's the finished project and a little gun pron ( I plan to only display my m4 but have many accessories displayed, kind of like that barbie sopmod m4 poster. I still have lots to get.)

Jcotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 20:25   #40
Rooster
a.k.a. flamethis

Turned out nice! Gotta love freebies!
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 21:05   #41
Disco_Dante

That looks awesome Jcotter. Definitely one of the best gun walls I've seen. Very tasteful

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2011, 21:43   #42
Jcotter

Thanks. next I want to add an m203.
Jcotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 16:32   #43
supermohawk

Here is mine. Totem sells pegboard with simulated wood grain.

For the hooks I cut down the regular heavy duty 4'' hooks to 2'' and wrapped them in hockey tape.
supermohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2011, 17:57   #44
Stealth
Mr. Silencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcotter View Post
A friend of mine was throwing a piece of slatwall away so I was able to get it free. It had been painted white and was left outside for a few days by the time I had got it. The first thing I had to do was take it inside and clean it. After getting all the bugs and dirt off of it, I got some green painters tape and started to tape over the white.

[/img]
I'm interested in seeing more of the car. Your garage flooring is simply fab as well.

Nice wall though.
Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion