Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Grenade Launchers - Good, Bad or Stupid ?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old April 5th, 2009, 13:13   #136
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by apmaman View Post
what brand of ammo do you guys use for your grenades? I'm having trouble finding cheap BB's that arn't full of imperfections. I'm not looking for super high quality stuff but since the grenades use alot of ammo I want to keep costs to a minmum without jamming up the shells all the time.
Use the cheapest you can find in the weight you want. It's not important that there are imperfections. Although most good 40mm nades have a rubber oring that acts like a hopup rubber (mostly acts as a retainer to keep BB's in) it's not like it will tear it to shreds like in an AEG/GBB.

Even when they do tear, it's a cheap repair.

Do a 1:1 mix of Bastards .2's and some .12's from CT/Walmart.

My current nade ammo is a batch of BB I got from a vendor that didn't get polished properly. Horrible if used in an AEG but work flawlessly in 40mm nades.
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 22:57   #137
Staverous

Send a message via MSN to Staverous
I know I threw these pics up on another post but here is a better place for them.
This is my M79 Sawed-Off style grenade launcher I am building, I plan on getting a nice dropleg holster for it to help with quick drawing it.

Blunderbuss_Stock_1.JPG

Blunderbuss_Stock_2.JPG
Staverous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 23:00   #138
jesster202

that is pure sex how did u build the tigger mech?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staverous View Post
I know I threw these pics up on another post but here is a better place for them.
This is my M79 Sawed-Off style grenade launcher I am building, I plan on getting a nice dropleg holster for it to help with quick drawing it.

Attachment 10668

Attachment 10669
GAS/SPRING

KJW M9 FULLY UPGRADED //\\KWA FULL SIZE USP //\\ TF MAC11
GEAR
Coyote Brown CIRAS
jesster202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2009, 23:18   #139
Staverous

I am still working on that, but it is just going to be a lever mechanism with a rod attached for the firing pin, and a spring to keep it all aligned when not having the trigger pressed.
Old April 15th, 2009, 00:54   #140
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Very nice. You could probably market those to good effect. How many manhours did it take you?

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 01:11   #141
cbcsteve
Nice Guy

Amazing you just answered my thought for another project I wanted to take on

cause after inspecting those grenade launchers most of them just a have a little spring and a hammer to poke the valve and I thought "Thats it?" And I thought to myself heck I can build it! But where to start but seeing your project gives some inpiration

HECK!! I can even try putting it in my old Super Nintendo old rocket launcher
(Hopefully some of you know what I mean, I don't think I'm that old yet)

One funny thing with the wood you used reminds me of Tech class back in high school where the teach posted in the first day no weapons of any sort in the wood shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staverous View Post

Attachment 10668

Attachment 10669

cbcsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:46   #142
Staverous

Quote:
Very nice. You could probably market those to good effect. How many manhours did it take you?
So far it has taken me about 45 hours and it isn't quite done. After everything is worked out I plan on building a second more refined one and I will time that one so I know how long it takes.

Plans for marketing them I am thinking about contacting a Lawyer for the legality of building them on any kind of scale.

So everyone that wants me to build one for them, thank you very much for the interest I really appreciate the support of the community but I am not producing to sell at the moment. If you see me selling one on the classifieds its just cause I got bored or I wanted to try something else or just felt like changing something, not because I am building them now.

Quote:
One funny thing with the wood you used reminds me of Tech class back in high school where the teach posted in the first day no weapons of any sort in the wood shop
heheh the wood I used was a spruce 2x6, when I rebuild it to clean it up and fix and problems I will likely use walnut or maple(stained ebony).

Last edited by Staverous; April 15th, 2009 at 08:54..
Old April 15th, 2009, 08:48   #143
panzergrenadier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcsteve
HECK!! I can even try putting it in my old Super Nintendo old rocket launcher
(Hopefully some of you know what I mean, I don't think I'm that old yet)
YES!!!
That would be awesome!
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:06   #144
51mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman View Post
for anyone with a revolver launcher thinking of getting the 204's for it....DONT. they dont fit in the cylinder...just too damn long.
Hi guys!

Just a quick Q i have one of the CAW launchers and i am loooking at getting the madbull XM108 co2 shells, As the chap i quoted said the 204's are too long but are the 108's small enough to fit correctly?

The reason I ask is because over here in the UK they are £65 each!!! ($113 CAD)

I am looking to purchase 6-12 of these beasts and i dont suppose anyone knows if you can get these cheaper in canada and shipped to the UK at all?

Cheers

Simo
51mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 09:15   #145
Brit ter

Here is a pic of my little beasty !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S5003516.jpg (158.4 KB, 19 views)
Old September 27th, 2009, 12:46   #146
MeatStick

Home Made M79

Here is the m79 I made a few weeks ago.
Stock is fir, and all other parts are steel or aluminum.
I still need to build the rear site, but it works well.
Lots of fun

Old September 27th, 2009, 13:15   #147
Doombringer

Wow this is so cool.
Doombringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 13:23   #148
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51mo View Post
Hi guys!

Just a quick Q i have one of the CAW launchers and i am loooking at getting the madbull XM108 co2 shells, As the chap i quoted said the 204's are too long but are the 108's small enough to fit correctly?

I am looking to purchase 6-12 of these beasts and i dont suppose anyone knows if you can get these cheaper in canada and shipped to the UK at all?

Cheers

Simo
yes, the 108's are the best to use in the revolver. they are cheaper here but shipping will cost you more or less the same. about $80 canadian. http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...roducts_id=808

you can try from one of the HK sites and see if shipping would work out better for you.

also, if you're considering tactical field reloads, it's really slow. Duckman only really reloads that in the safe zone. plus 12 nades with the launcher is extremely heavy especially if you have a primary weapon also. lol
Old September 27th, 2009, 13:25   #149
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatStick View Post
Here is the m79 I made a few weeks ago.
Stock is fir, and all other parts are steel or aluminum.
I still need to build the rear site, but it works well.
Lots of fun

http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...4/IMG_6820.jpg
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...4/IMG_6821.jpg
http://i569.photobucket.com/albums/s...4/IMG_6822.jpg
very cool indeed. what did you use for the barrel? I've been looking for pipe that the 40mm's fit in properly to use with the mini nerf rockets.
Old September 27th, 2009, 13:44   #150
Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51mo View Post
Hi guys!

Cheers

Simo

like coachster said. the 108's fit with space to spare and it's probably me that said the 204's are too long. very true. i have both and a revolver launcher. you'll never get the caw closed if you try even a single 204 in it. most other single shot launchers will take the 204 fine but not the regular caw. i HEAR that the CL version has the longer cylinder that can fit 204s but having 6 kings in it can be really really heavy.

i rarely reload Betsy during a fight. just takes a really really really really really really really looooooooooooooong ass time since you dont wanna just dump them by turning her over. and even if you did, you'd only drop 5rds and still have to get the 6th one out by hand by the way it sits near the hinge. loading can be done but it's slow and i've found people dont really wanna cover you for THAT long in a firefight.

weight of a primary, a revolver launcher plus mags and another full load of nades can be a bit combersome. dont expect to move too quickly. but i'm lazy anyways .

then you have to worry about a dump pouche(s) to accomadate the nades AND various mags so i try to keep it relatively light. i usually dont go out with more than 15 nades at a time since my nade rig is set up for 10 spares

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion