Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The Aftermath Broxa Experience

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old January 4th, 2009, 11:36   #46
johjoh

Send a message via MSN to johjoh
Cant go to classifieds so i cant give you a +1 lol but yeah look around in canadian retailers websites and your gonna find plenty

EDIT: he carrys mostly hicaps due o the fact that more of the "Noobs" like them because you dont have to change all the time just wind it thats the primairy fact and hes getting a bigger inventory and wider selection almost each month... lol
johjoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 16:29   #47
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuro_Neko View Post
With the exception of mags with fake bullets, mags aren't restricted so you can get them anywhere. Yeah, shipping is murder but such is life, at least they're obtainable. MP5's are pretty common and thus so are the mags, so you can usually get low and realcaps in the classifieds for decent prices fairly easily.

Kuro_Neko
Yea, true. My primary is a G36 though and I like the 50-round mags (which all have fake rounds). Ah well, such is the life of a Canadian Airsofter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johjoh View Post
EDIT: he carrys mostly hicaps due o the fact that more of the "Noobs" like them because you dont have to change all the time just wind it thats the primairy fact and hes getting a bigger inventory and wider selection almost each month... lol
That's true too. I kindof wish ASC went back to discouraging high-caps like it used to. I have nothing wrong with a new gun coming with a highcap (since you only get 1 mag, might as well be one you can use), but I get annoyed when I go to games and n00bs have two G36 or AK highcaps clamped together.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 20:16   #48
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Yea, true. My primary is a G36 though and I like the 50-round mags (which all have fake rounds). Ah well, such is the life of a Canadian Airsofter.
You could get one of the US ASC members to order them for you, spray paint them black and then mail them to you. That might get through the boarder. *shrug* It's worth looking into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
That's true too. I kindof wish ASC went back to discouraging high-caps like it used to. I have nothing wrong with a new gun coming with a highcap (since you only get 1 mag, might as well be one you can use), but I get annoyed when I go to games and n00bs have two G36 or AK highcaps clamped together.
I completely agree about hicaps. I'm a realcap man and there's nothing more frustrating to get pinned down by a weedwacker spraying 300 continous rounds at you.

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 21:35   #49
johjoh

so back to the subjet is the broxa anygood for longterm reliability? because that mgiht be my first actual aeg when i get 18 and i dont wanna spend 600 bucks for a style of gun i wont like lol
Old January 4th, 2009, 21:55   #50
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by johjoh View Post
so back to the subjet is the broxa anygood for longterm reliability? because that mgiht be my first actual aeg when i get 18 and i dont wanna spend 600 bucks for a style of gun i wont like lol
Well, it will need some preventative maintenance. A $300 gun won't last as long as a $600 one. Also, the $600 one will have a much higher re-sale value if you don't like it, so if you buy a $600 AEG, play a few games and decide you really don't like it, you can still get back nearly all of your investment. The same does not hold true for a gun like the broxa.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 23:00   #51
Quinman

is there some reason the velocity arms broxa seems more expensive to me?did i miss something silly like the exchange rate or something?why is v.a`s price like 30$$ more.i know shipping is free but i got to be missing something!its not the exact same gun (by looks)so is that it?? maybe i am having a stupid moment?!!?!?
Quinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 23:19   #52
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinman View Post
is there some reason the velocity arms broxa seems more expensive to me?did i miss something silly like the exchange rate or something?why is v.a`s price like 30$$ more.i know shipping is free but i got to be missing something!its not the exact same gun (by looks)so is that it?? maybe i am having a stupid moment?!!?!?
Shipping included in the cost?

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2009, 23:44   #53
Kuro_Neko

Send a message via ICQ to Kuro_Neko Send a message via AIM to Kuro_Neko Send a message via MSN to Kuro_Neko Send a message via Yahoo to Kuro_Neko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinman View Post
There's probably several reasons. If you're comparing to Bass Pro then there is the exchange rate to consider. Also, shipping. Also, He's smaller then other places and thus probably doesn't get as large a discount for ordering in bulk if any discount at all. Ordering from Bass Pro, you're going to lose more then $30 in shipping, discounting everything else.

So all in all, there's probably no difference in ordering from one or the other. There's also the fact that Velocity Arms is in the Country and is a trusted name so you're garenteed to get it and in a timely matter.

Kuro_Neko
Kuro_Neko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 22:26   #54
johjoh

yes ive already dealed with frank a V.A. for bbs witch are exellent made by ksc

And yes every SINGLE item on his website has included shipping costs just pay the tax and thats it plus hes in toronto its quick shipping he usually ships when he gets home from his full time job so theres no waiting 48 hours really...
Old January 10th, 2009, 20:39   #55
marcwhite

broxa bushings

what metal bushings what size and where should I buy them for this gun?Thanks.
marcwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2009, 20:48   #56
johjoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcwhite View Post
what metal bushings what size and where should I buy them for this gun?Thanks.

you can probably buy them here (ill give you direct link) http://www.airsoftparts.ca/store2/in...1&keyword=bush

as to size i have no clue and i would like to know how you can figure that out without actully physically mesuring yourself

Last edited by johjoh; January 11th, 2009 at 21:05..
Old January 11th, 2009, 20:50   #57
Crunchmeister

You'll need 6mm bushings for that Broxa.
Old January 11th, 2009, 21:06   #58
johjoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
how do you figure out witch gun needs what bushing size and witch would be best? ex. double oil groove bearing or w/e
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:37   #59
delta76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
I have total faith in your knowledge of this subject and in fact have already ordered 6 mm bushings for my broxa but I was wondering why the V2 gearboxes on airsoftparts.ca are listed as 7mm (does this designate bushing size?) as I was under the impression that the broxa uses a V2 gearbox.

Last edited by delta76; January 24th, 2009 at 22:13..
delta76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:39   #60
delta76

Nevermind I just realized that the V2 gearboxes come with various sized bearings, still learning
delta76 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion