Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

My first airsoft gun !!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 8th, 2008, 20:49   #76
tycho

Yeah, seriously - stop digging the hole, please. Just wait; take the money you have now and buy 2 year GIC's or something like that so when you DO turn 18 you can actually buy a decent gun.
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:08   #77
Nicksthename

hey, the gearbox is not all plastic it has some metal parts,, can i put this gearbox in as a replacement ? http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=966
Nicksthename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:10   #78
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksthename View Post
hey, the gearbox is not all plastic it has some metal parts,, can i put this gearbox in as a replacement ? http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.p...roducts_id=966
Isn't this the same gearbox that is in the gun in the first place. It looks a little plastic to me (might be wrong), look at the shell. The whole thing might crack after a while...maybe that's why they have replacements LOL!

Dude, I am on your side but you are digging a hole with these ideas. The gun is not great, that's what everybody is telling you. We know what we're talking about and we're only trying to help you from wasting your money. Airsoft upgrade parts are typically only made for high-end AEGs and the cheap china brands and clearsoft are not guaranteed to be mechanically compatible. Even Classic Army gearboxes can be different from Tokyo Marui gearboxes. You can use d-boy parts, but why would anybody want to?

Tell us, how much is Zaeem asking for the gun? Dboys DOES make a metal M4, it's about $130 in the US
YouTube - full metal Dboys M4 RIS - REVIEW PART 1

I bet the one Zaeem is selling is the silly plastic body and plastic gearbox version that will feel like a toy and fall apart after a few uses.

Last edited by SHÖCK; July 9th, 2008 at 01:20..
SHÖCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 01:27   #79
Nicksthename

hey so would you guys suggest the full metal MP5-A5 , it has a full metal gearbox also ?
Nicksthename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 02:24   #80
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

I would suggest you learn to do your own research.
Youve been spoon fed enough one day, youve been spoon fed enough for 2 or 3 days.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 03:20   #81
SHÖCK
aka SNK or Shaniqua

-edit nevermind
SHÖCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 04:11   #82
Manaconda
Official ASC Inker

Send a message via MSN to Manaconda
Talk to your parents dude. Tell em you'll take out the trash, clean your room and the garage plus do all the dishes and suck the farts out of baby seats for the extra cash. Then tell them what it's for, let them know about the age restrictions, where you'll be playing and the fact that you could be shot if mistaken by an officer of the law while playing someplace that is not a recognized feild. Then see what they say.
There's a big responsibility for these big boy/girl toys. read through, understand and respect the FAQ' on this site.
Just a side note: I notice three of four flamers in this thread who have not been part of ASC longer than 8 months. Do you guys remember your first stupid question? It must make you feel big to start flaming now that you're into the sport and are all knowing. I remember my first stupid question. It was " Which gun should I get?"

In Toronto and want a rad tattoo? PM me
Manaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:22   #83
super_six_four

Send a message via MSN to super_six_four
Quote:
dude you dont get what people are telling you and second, a plastic mechbox? anyone here can attest to this, Even full metal mechbox's can crack and break.
super_six_four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 05:58   #84
purplestairs

I have seen this one in a military surplus store in my area
its crap, I think I saw it on buyairsoft but its gone now

Quote:
Originally Posted by m700murder View Post
(head shots at 110 feet)
purplestairs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 06:54   #85
ShelledPants

I can't believe this thread is still going.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=61532

Nick, have a read.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:06   #86
Muffin

Quote:
hey so would you guys suggest the full metal MP5-A5 , it has a full metal gearbox also ?
No, I'd suggest a straw with dried peas. I guarantee it will fit your budget until your 18.
Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 07:26   #87
Bowers

Send a message via MSN to Bowers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffin View Post
No, I'd suggest a straw with dried peas. I guarantee it will fit your budget until your 18.
not only will dried peas work as a usable form of ordinance but it will also work as an emergency source of food should you find yourself in a survival situation! lol
Bowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 08:10   #88
kalnaren

Quote:
well obviously you guys know wayyyy more about airsoft because well ive only airsofted like a few times but i dont really know much about internals and the gun themselves.

2) What aeg sold in canada then do you suggest kalnaren??
I suggest waiting until you are 18, saving up ~$500, getting age verified, and buying a starter package from the ASC Classifieds. You'll be able to get a good AEG, mags, and most likely batteries as well.

Remember that the cost of the gun is only one investment in airsoft. You also need money for batteries, a charger, magazines, and (not necessarily at first) BDU's and maybe some other gear. The commonly accepted amount to get into airsoft is about $1,000, though you could probably do it for $600 if you can find deals on equipment. Airsoft isn't a cheap sport -accept it.

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 09:20   #89
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

[QUOTE=Manaconda;762719]Talk to your parents dude. Tell em you'll take out the trash, clean your room and the garage plus do all the dishes and suck the farts out of baby seats for the extra cash. Then tell them what it's for, let them know about the age restrictions, where you'll be playing and the fact that you could be shot if mistaken by an officer of the law while playing someplace that is not a recognized feild. Then see what they say.
There's a big responsibility for these big boy/girl toys. read through, understand and respect the FAQ' on this site.
Just a side note: I notice three of four flamers in this thread who have not been part of ASC longer than 8 months. Do you guys remember your first stupid question? It must make you feel big to start flaming now that you're into the sport and are all knowing. I remember my first stupid question. It was " Which gun should I get?"[/QUOTE]

I haven't been here more than 8 months and I flamed this fool so what? join date has nothing to do with one's level of knowledge and common sense, what is your point?

omg i only joined asc in january 2008, so i guess before january 2008 i never heard of airsoft
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2008, 10:14   #90
TokyoSeven
Red Wine & Adderall

Well you should take all that knowledge and use it in a helpful manner then.
Flaming a new user impairs the possibility of them actually listening to some of us who actually care enough try to help. When you flame and come across as a douche bag it puts them in a defensive position where they become alot more stuborn and dont take advice or suggestion.

"Its only a little bit on fire"
TokyoSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion