Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VFC scar (mk16/17) Owners

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 12th, 2012, 08:08   #121
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Np man!

Seriously? the highcaps are perfect in mine (only slight lateral movement...and they fall on their own when mag release is pressed...)

The pmags are tight though..... (they wont wall on their own )

I guess they used a diff mold to make my lower VS yours.... lol

EDIT the pmags could fall on their own.... its jsut that the bb spring retainer thingy is preventing them to fall...

Last edited by Gunny_McSmith; February 12th, 2012 at 08:52..
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 12:20   #122
silentownage001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
Here's my freshly upgraded gun! (all i need now are the xt60 conenctors, and lipos! )

Oh. My. God. Do not be alarmed if it is missing. I am just borrowing it. And you'll probably never see it again. Hehe
silentownage001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 16:55   #123
kyle milliken

well it's about time i posted a pic of my scar so, here it is. going to get a 553 and peq 15 soon so i'll update when i do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0882.JPG (38.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0934.JPG (33.4 KB, 13 views)

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
kyle milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 17:56   #124
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle milliken View Post
i know, i just want a second one so well i'm upgrading it my scar i can still game it.
BTW i still dont understand why you would want 2 stocks?

Quote:
well it's about time i posted a pic of my scar so, here it is. going to get a 553 and peq 15 soon so i'll update when i do.
I wanted to go with those, but decided to go with the shortdot scope instead because IMO all airsoft eotech clones suck! (even the hurricane ones!) (If i had the money, i would buy a real one + magnifier! )

And when you play, they are usually so bright or so blurry that you cant see the target!

Last edited by Gunny_McSmith; February 12th, 2012 at 18:00..
Gunny_McSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 17:59   #125
kyle milliken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny_McSmith View Post
BTW i still dont understand why you would want 2 stocks?
so when i'm upgrading one i still have the other one kicking around also if one gets broken i have a spare.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein
US (German-born) physicist (1879 - 1955)
kyle milliken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2012, 18:02   #126
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
so when i'm upgrading one i still have the other one kicking around also if one gets broken i have a spare.
Meh, its not worth it if you're not installing a mosfet, or running lipos... (its alot of trouble for nothing if you dont...)
Old February 13th, 2012, 14:47   #127
Cortex
Has a life outside Airsoft

Is it possible to maintain the existing stock connections while using a Raptor FET in the VFC? I've got a SCAR-L that I'd like to put a FET in but not if I need to get rid f the awesome "no-wires" stock setup.
Old February 13th, 2012, 15:53   #128
Daiviet
Captain Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortex View Post
Is it possible to maintain the existing stock connections while using a Raptor FET in the VFC? I've got a SCAR-L that I'd like to put a FET in but not if I need to get rid f the awesome "no-wires" stock setup.
Yes, Gunny did it on his and I just did it on mine yesterday. Requires cutting off the tamiya connector that comes with the raptor, as well as a lot of wire, then soldering on some female bullet connectors that can be salvaged from the old trigger wiring.

Also, after taking down this VFC, and owning an ARES, I gotta say a few things. Fire selector on VFC is awful design, no wonder you gotta push both sides to change from semi-safe-auto, they don't even sit into anything, just hang freely. Bullet connectors, while neat, is a pain in the ass when trying to re-do the lines, and you can't easily test out the mechbox while its outside the reciever that way. Stock design and the interaction with the rest of the gun is awful. The roll pins are a pain in the ass, and the stock can't be folded and locked properly when the fire selector is in safe, or if the cheek riser is up.

Honestly, the Ares only has the main issue of lower quality material and zero customer service for parts. Their design for their gun is a lot better IMHO.
Daiviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2012, 16:21   #129
Danke

Those are odd observations. The Ambi selector on my MK16 is the smoothest of all my AEGs and it does not interfere with the stock at all. Can you shoot a photo of where it's fouling on yours?

& yes I've had my box apart and pulled the selectors out, mine is coming on five years old though so maybe something has changed.

I did gut the fuse and a lot of the wiring out of the battery compartment. But that was just to fit a bigger battery, no problems with any of the adjustments.
Old February 13th, 2012, 22:47   #130
Gunny_McSmith
a.k.a. Palucol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daiviet View Post
Yes, Gunny did it on his and I just did it on mine yesterday. Requires cutting off the tamiya connector that comes with the raptor, as well as a lot of wire, then soldering on some female bullet connectors that can be salvaged from the old trigger wiring.

Also, after taking down this VFC, and owning an ARES, I gotta say a few things. Fire selector on VFC is awful design, no wonder you gotta push both sides to change from semi-safe-auto, they don't even sit into anything, just hang freely. Bullet connectors, while neat, is a pain in the ass when trying to re-do the lines, and you can't easily test out the mechbox while its outside the reciever that way. Stock design and the interaction with the rest of the gun is awful. The roll pins are a pain in the ass, and the stock can't be folded and locked properly when the fire selector is in safe, or if the cheek riser is up.

Honestly, the Ares only has the main issue of lower quality material and zero customer service for parts. Their design for their gun is a lot better IMHO.
Yes, I had to change a part inside my mechbox yesterday... and I spent about 1hour, when reassembling, trying to properly align the F$@!$% selector.... and having the stronger tappet plate spring that came with the Raptor mosfet didnt help either! :@

But yes, while the gun design is really clever (tons of best selling features, (ie: no visible wiring, real field strip...)), looks like VFC never though about ppl wanting to take it apart, :S

I agree that my stock cant be folded with the cheek rest at its highest, but didnt have any problems with the selector in SAFE, (even though i swapped to the magpul SSG ones! (really nice, feels alot better!))

And I have no full auto problem either.... dunno whats wrong with your unit? (try emailing AWS... they could probs answer you better, or even send you a new one!)

Also, when reassembling the gearbox, you only need to worry about properly aligning the one on the left side... the other one can be poked into place after!

PS: I've been testing my mechbox on its own with a traxxas RC battery, since I havent received my xt60 and lipos yet, just by plugging it directly to the bullet connectors sticking out in the back! (but be careful with polarity!, thats why i wouldnt recommend doing that...lol)
Old May 14th, 2012, 00:37   #131
AlphA dog

really interesting tread ! And oh , i gotta say i love my VFC Scar-H !! This is one of the best looking replica on the market , feels great shoots great out of the box . Looks even more bad ass with a Nc Star 3-9 X 40 tactical scope on it Enjoy !!
AlphA dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 15:48   #132
VeiledSovereign

Exclamation

I bought a vfc scar mk17 awhile ago and did some mods to it since then; a tight bore barrel, higher power motor, high charge battery, fixing the crappy wiring, high power spring and a adjustable fps piston (but i havent installed it yet). over all my scar is at what i wanted it to be except for two kinda not so small things.
One is to have the standard short outer barrel extended to a longer spec looking barrel, i only found two websites that sell it but its been out of stock for awhile i think. If you know where i can find one that would be great. Here the website where they have them but its not in stock.
http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...el&catid=&cat=

Second thing i want to do is to possibly change the lower receiver from the bulky and expensive mk17 H to the mk16 L m4 style mags. This would help me with adding more clips to my rig without taking up so much space and also its a hell of a lot cheaper. I asked a few people in person, they werent sure and i cant find anything about it online about switching the lower receivers. Is it compatible with the mk17 gear box and etc ? I know i should have just bought the mk16 but i didnt realize it till after and for some reason i stuck to it until now and its a bit too late to just sell the gun with a lot of new stuff in it. If you know anything about this or the outer barrel, please comment i could really use any help possible. Heres a link to the lower receiver.
http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...tid=71&cat=414
VeiledSovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 16:03   #133
slink182

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeiledSovereign View Post
Second thing i want to do is to possibly change the lower receiver from the bulky and expensive mk17 H to the mk16 L m4 style mags. This would help me with adding more clips to my rig without taking up so much space and also its a hell of a lot cheaper. I asked a few people in person, they werent sure and i cant find anything about it online about switching the lower receivers. Is it compatible with the mk17 gear box and etc ? I know i should have just bought the mk16 but i didnt realize it till after and for some reason i stuck to it until now and its a bit too late to just sell the gun with a lot of new stuff in it. If you know anything about this or the outer barrel, please comment i could really use any help possible. Heres a link to the lower receiver.
http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/...tid=71&cat=414
Nope, not possible. The receiver of the H is longer than the L due to the "fatness" of the H's mags.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2012, 23:11   #134
Fireboy

Honestly, yeah you can buy cheap ass m4 mags for a mk16. But why waste money on frustration. With a slight mod to the magwell you can use magpul pts 762 mags. They feed perfectly and look bad ass. Not to mention the mk17 looks much better. Just my two cents tho.
Old July 16th, 2012, 00:30   #135
eseeweb

New to airsoft and VFC SCAR L

great to see this thread... only a few months into airsoft but fall into the VFC SCAR. Just got a VFC SCAR L (Tan) in toronto and will arrive in a week or so. Just wondering if my King Arms M4A1 mid-cap mags will work with it well or not. did anyone try using the King Arms mag on it? Also, ordered a 7.4V lipo with it. I have the store to switch to a 100 spring to keep it under under 350fps. Will this combination works? thx.
eseeweb is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion