Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Airsoft: AEGs vs GBBRs (Video)

:

Airsoft Media

Old July 16th, 2011, 11:19   #1
Singuy

Airsoft: AEGs vs GBBRs (Video)

Just my humble opinion. Geared toward new players.

‪Airsoft: AEGs Vs GBBRs‬‏ - YouTube

My Youtube Channel
Including my collection
http://www.youtube.com/user/Singuy888
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 19:43   #2
Ninja_En_Short

Send a message via MSN to Ninja_En_Short
Some point that are a 50-50:

- Mags : sure they freeze in full auto (but there's CO² for that) and on the end of the mags pressure (thus power) drops hard but power is pretty consistent for one mag, usually a charge makes 1.5.
-Way to play : then again using a GBBR as you would use an AEG and complain will most likely get you tagged as "Private Dumbass" (nickname I gave to a really stupid trainee). I'm not THE best player but I'm a hit-and-run pain and nearly never use full auto, that doesn't make less of a pain in the ass for the other team.

Some little parts left out in the GBBR pros :

- Reactivity : my GBBRs are a lot more nervous than the AEG, except the SR25 with a mosfet under the couch.
- Reliability : I completely agree with you, stock WE trigger unit and WA are a piece of crap but the G&P WOC series are very decent quality wise (except for that damn cocking lever).

Biggest pros of all :

-REAL BLOW BACK! Not that Marui EBB crap...

But on your collection video : Metal Gear Saga music, you sir have a good taste

Gun doc in Montreal on AEG, GBB, GBBR and Bolt rifle (gaz and spring)
Heavy custom builder (including painting)

Ninja_En_Short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2011, 22:41   #3
Singuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja_En_Short View Post
Some point that are a 50-50:

- Mags : sure they freeze in full auto (but there's CO² for that) and on the end of the mags pressure (thus power) drops hard but power is pretty consistent for one mag, usually a charge makes 1.5.
-Way to play : then again using a GBBR as you would use an AEG and complain will most likely get you tagged as "Private Dumbass" (nickname I gave to a really stupid trainee). I'm not THE best player but I'm a hit-and-run pain and nearly never use full auto, that doesn't make less of a pain in the ass for the other team.

Co2 mags does solve the fps problem somewhat(not perfect), but at the expense of reliablity of the rifle, and the stronger recoil doesn't help any with the inconsistancy of the bb(remember, we are comparing to AEGs, with no recoil at all...just like in RS, a rifle with the least recoil is the most accurate for every follow up shot).

You are also right, people shouldn't run around thinking they own an AEG when they have a GBBR. But when compared to an AEG, an AEG can do many things that a GBBR cannot (suppressive fire, faster reload, higher ROF). And also you can "hit and run" better with an AEG because you have more mobility and your AEG is more quiet (given you use mid caps, so your bbs don't rattle around).

Like I said, given two players with similiar skill levels, the GBBR player will always lose.
Singuy is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media