Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Real Sword Type 56-1 Broken Stock assembly.

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 3rd, 2012, 18:33   #1
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Real Sword Type 56-1 Broken Stock assembly.

Hey all, today at ZAWC I had the worst luck and slipped down a hill and broke the mechanism for the underfolding buttstock of my real sword. I was able to retrieve the top piece but the other piece (which might be a square-shaped piece of steel) that I think it screws into is gone, lost in the mud. I cant find any pictures of what this piece is supposed to look like anywhere on the net so I'm wondering if any fellow RS owners have a picture of the internal right-side stock assembly on hand? How the hell would I go about fixing this!?

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17

Last edited by Desmodus; March 4th, 2012 at 17:03.. Reason: added details
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2012, 06:38   #2
Troy T. Moore

I had a similar problem but retained the part. It is a flat piece of steel with (IIRC) a threaded hole for 3mm hex screw but do not know the dimensions or have a pic. Are you sure it is not inside the reciever somewhere? You have to dissassemble to repair anyways.

I bought a slightly longer screw from Canadian Tire as the stock one goes the 1.5mm or so into the plate (basically the thickness of the plate), which is why under certain circumstances, it "pops" off. My threads go through 2-3mm and there is no issues getting the mechbox in.

Contact Real Sword. If you have your AEG info registered with them I bet they will be more than happy to help.
Old March 8th, 2012, 08:46   #3
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

I opened up the gun and that steel piece was still in there so thank god. However, I am unable to get the round retaining piece open to replace the split silver screw. In the blow-out diagram, it shows that this piece is infact made of two parts, the larger round circle and then the piece that sticks into the receiver with a screw. I have e-mailed Real Sword at least twice now and have still received no response from them. I bought mine second hand off the classifieds so I'm not sure I'd be able to use registration info with them :/

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner