Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

New to Airsoft

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 27th, 2018, 08:46   #1
fortsmithman

New to Airsoft

I’m new to Airsoft. My first pistol is a KSC G17. I like it. I have a blow back B.B. pistol. A Umarex S&W M&P 40, as well as a Umarex S&W M&P45 (non blowback B.B./pellet). When I ordered the KSC G 17 I ordered a holster from EBay. However I have two holsters for my M&P40. One is the Safariland 6360, and a Blackhawk Serpa level 3 holster. The KSC fits in the Serpa meant for the M&P. I also ordered 2 spare magazines. I ordered green gas and BBs, those did not arrive yet. Fortunately my nephew and his Mom (my younger sister also are into Airsoft and let me use their green gas, and BBs. I thought about getting a Tokyo Marui Glock 17, but I read that they don’t do green gas too well. That they use duster gas.

Last edited by fortsmithman; July 7th, 2018 at 07:56..
fortsmithman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 11:26   #2
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

So what exactly is your question?
Is it about using green gas which is propane without the smell in a TM Glock17? Because while old generation pistols could not handle anything more then duster. The new pistols (from a few years back and onwards) handle green gas fine.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 18:05   #3
fortsmithman

After putting 10 magazines through the pistol I had a failure. The pistol would use all the gas in the magazine in one shot. I used 3 different magazines. Until it failed it shot beautifully. I'm going to order another pistol this time from KWC the same company that makes the S&W M&P 40 for Umarex. It will be the KWC S&W M&P 40 GBB. I'm also looking at the dual CO2/green gas P226 from KJ Works.

Last edited by fortsmithman; June 27th, 2018 at 19:18..
Old June 27th, 2018, 19:12   #4
Freeze

Eh. I used to be scared of the whole TM doesn't work well on Green Gas, and that to make it work you'd need a 150% recoil spring or something (for the heavier slide if you upgrade them).

Honestly I "built" a TM G17 for my girlfriend that's got a pink guarder lower frame (this was purely for cosmetic reasons), and an aluminum threaded outer barrel. I run it on green gas with 2 x TM mags and it fires just fine. Occasionally it does light strike and doesn't fire but that's rare enough (I've had it happen maybe once a game night if that) that I don't really care.

Also KJW P226 green gas mags suck, they leak almost instantly. Had one before I got a TM P226 E2, and bought one new mag which proceeded to leak within 3 15 minute rounds of CQB.

TM G17 Loki Tactical Pink - TM G19 TTI Combat Master
Freeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2018, 19:37   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I've been using MAPP gas in my marui M&P for a while now. It's 22% more pressure than propane, and I haven't managed to blow it up yet.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2018, 08:00   #6
fortsmithman

I’m considering getting another KSC Glock 17. I think the one I had purchased might have been a defective pistol. It happens.

Last edited by fortsmithman; July 19th, 2018 at 15:32..
Old July 31st, 2018, 20:50   #7
fortsmithman

I took apart the slide of the KSC G17 I put the parts back in and lo and behold I do not know what I did but the pistol is shooting fine. I'm still going to order a Tokyo Marui G17 mainly because it has the Glock trades on it.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion