Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

WE G18C loading nozzle

:

Doctor's Corner

Old February 1st, 2013, 15:14   #16
Afflicted

I'm going to attempt fitting a modified tm nozzle courtesy of Mr. Baker and will post results (with pics if successful), stay tuned!
Afflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:16   #17
Shrapnel[Op-For]

http://www.rsov.com/product.php?lang...380&cateId=146

It says "enhanced" but I don't see what is different about it. Will this part also come with a return spring?

At this point I see no point in replacing the nozzle with another stock WE nozzle, it solves no problem and will eventually break again.
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 15:51   #18
Thenooblord
Can't fix my own guns. Willing to fix yours.

Send a message via MSN to Thenooblord
well, itll work till it breaks again, isntead of being broken? Kinda like buying KWA pistol hopups...

Words to live by
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
The apartment I am in right now costs $100 a month.
My average spending on food per day is less than $4.
My airsoft spending in the last month and a half has totaled over $1400.
They're called priorities. Get yourself some.

Last edited by Thenooblord; February 1st, 2013 at 16:01..
Thenooblord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:04   #19
Afflicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel[Op-For] View Post

It says "enhanced" but I don't see what is different about it. Will this part also come with a return spring?

At this point I see no point in replacing the nozzle with another stock WE nozzle, it solves no problem and will eventually break again.
The spring seat or whatever you want to call it does look a bit beefier compared to mine.. An aluminum one would be really nice though doesn't look like the spring comes with..
Old February 1st, 2013, 16:16   #20
RaisinBran

Quote:

Man I must be blind, i swear I looked through RSOV...
JG M4A1
RaisinBran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 19:00   #21
e-luder

you can buy as many nozzles as you want. They will keep breakin unless you modify the spring plunger beneath the extractor plate. You need to shorten it on the thinner end, not the thicker end.

This plunger is not present on the G17. That's why the G17 muzzle lasts longer than the G18c's.

I gave you guys the reason ehy this part breaks already in two threads. So based on the cause, you can figure out your own way of modding things to make it function right. Tje solution is what works best for me.
Old February 1st, 2013, 20:10   #22
Afflicted

Update..

I tried a nozzle from a TM glock and its significantly different than the WE.. Specifically, I tried one from a glock 18.. From about the 11 o'clock to 1 o clock positions, the TM one was flat whereas the WE one is perfectly round.

Next up, I tried a KJW which is almost identical with the exception of a small nub if you will on the opposite site of the return spring stop. This could easily be filed or ground down.. However.. There is a plunger type dealy with a spring that goes inside the WE nozzle that doesn't fit inside the KJW.. Also, the KJW nozzle seemed to be about 2 mm shorter than the WE which probably wouldn't make too much of a difference. I was thinking of drilling a little out of the KJW To allow for the bigger plunger thing but decided against it..

Back to square one..

I'm going to modify the stock one like eluder mentioned.. Anyone still have the manual with the part number for the nozzle? And return spring if possible..

This gun is starting to make me frustrate..:rocket:

Last edited by Afflicted; February 1st, 2013 at 20:20..
Old February 1st, 2013, 20:29   #23
jordan7831
will always be Mike Litoris in our hearts

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
you can buy as many nozzles as you want. They will keep breakin unless you modify the spring plunger beneath the extractor plate. You need to shorten it on the thinner end, not the thicker end.

This plunger is not present on the G17. That's why the G17 muzzle lasts longer than the G18c's.

I gave you guys the reason ehy this part breaks already in two threads. So based on the cause, you can figure out your own way of modding things to make it function right. Tje solution is what works best for me.
Are you talking about the plunger in the slide that the nozzle return spring rids on.
jordan7831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 20:45   #24
Shrapnel[Op-For]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
Are you talking about the plunger in the slide that the nozzle return spring rids on.
I would also appreciate some clarification. I don't know what the extractor plate is or what plunger you are talking about.

Thanks
Old February 1st, 2013, 20:51   #25
Afflicted

I THINK that's what he means.. Inside the nozzle is a spring, plunger and a piece of some sort to keep it all inside. The plate fastens with a really tiny screw on the side of the nozzle.
Old February 1st, 2013, 20:56   #26
e-luder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan7831 View Post
Yes.

Its the piece that sits behind the extractor. The piece that you put into the spring before you put the spring back inside. You need to mod the part where the pring attaches to. That end. sand it shorter.

It looks like a detent pin, Jordan. Like the ones found on the hi capa/1911 that locks the thumb saftey to prevent accidental activation

Last edited by e-luder; February 1st, 2013 at 21:03..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 20:58   #27
e-luder

Quote:
I would also appreciate some clarification. I don't know what the extractor plate is or what plunger you are talking about.

Thanks
On a stock slide the extractor is molded in. On A PGC set, the extractor is a seperate piece.

The extractor is that little notch beside the ejection port.
Old February 1st, 2013, 22:04   #28
Shrapnel[Op-For]

Thanks e-luder for all your help.

Here are pictures of whats going on just because I think this thread is fairly important. The market is flooded with these new guns and I couldn't find any help online with the exception of a few youtube videos. WE doesn't seem to care and hasn't released any information.

Here is the loading nozzle everyone seems to have issues with. Breaks fairly easily.

E-luder, I'm not 100% sure on what part you're talking about so I took some photos. If you (or anyone) would mind labeling or letting me know what these parts are all called it would greatly help me communicate any issues more clearly. I understand the disassembly/reassembly but don't know the correct terms for the parts.

Is this the spring and plunger you are referring to?
Old February 1st, 2013, 22:16   #29
e-luder

Yes. the last picture is what i am refering to.

The black thing may be too long. So when the slide recoils, the full brunt is absorbed by the nub (the part that breaks) and the plunger (the black piece). Ideally you want to cut it a bit so that the slide wont slam those two together.

The spring needs proper amount of distance to coil before it hits that nub so the force can be dampened.

It's not WE's fault but also some Marui systems have that piece break fairly easily. I assume WE's mould is a bit off spec. Which would explain why theseproblems are so common in WE Glocks... The spring itself is a bit weak so it only exarterbates the priblem furter

Last edited by e-luder; February 1st, 2013 at 22:19..
e-luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 22:18   #30
e-luder

That one hell of a bent spring you have there. lol. I would suggest you straighten it out or replace it completely. That spring is the only thing that keeps the nub protected.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner