Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Snipers Corner

:

Other Regions

Old February 5th, 2006, 18:12   #1
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Exclamation Snipers Corner

I havent seen a thread related to anything and everything on the airsoft sniper, so here it goes, this is where we will post tactics/tips and tricks, and everything/anything on sniping 8-) Basically this is our little corner. And guys please no TROLLING, and please keep this related to topic.

MODS: If the same thread has already been started then delete this one.

SniperChic out.....
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
SCG48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 19:11   #2
PTE. Pyle

Send a message via MSN to PTE. Pyle
good idea im just getting in to sniping and anxiously wait to see how well this thread comes along.
Old February 5th, 2006, 19:12   #3
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Great. IMO, we deserve a whole section, like in some other forums.

I have this urge to post my sniper stuff again.. But I posted it all to often already.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 19:42   #4
Xepharo

-_-

Yeah I second that, we should have one forum dedicated to snipers.
Instructions or articles about: Camo, using the scope with windage/elevation, stealth, suitable optics for airsoft use, and other cool stuff.

I found this one article that I thought it was a good worthy read... even though it was for real steel, it still had a lot of information. It's from AR15.COM, so the credit goes to them.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=5&t=186971
Xepharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 19:59   #5
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Warmongers forum has had a section 100% for sniping related info for months now. Guess we should have advertised. ops:
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 20:31   #6
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepharo
Instructions or articles about: Camo, using the scope with windage/elevation, stealth, suitable optics for airsoft use, and other cool stuff.

I found this one article that I thought it was a good worthy read... even though it was for real steel, it still had a lot of information. It's from AR15.COM, so the credit goes to them.

Good read, and some nices photos.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 21:56   #7
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

I recieved a PM from one of the Mods, I personally think we should have a sniper section within the boards specifically for us airsoft snipers, in there we would be able to post anything and everything pertaining to this topic. Since we have a wealth of experience here it would be great to have this section.

So who here would like to have a "sniper section" within these boards?
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired or reserve - is someone who at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The Country of Canada", for an amount of "up to and including my life."-- Author Unknown
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:01   #8
Dustball

Send a message via MSN to Dustball
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic
I recieved a PM from one of the Mods, I personally think we should have a sniper section within the boards specifically for us airsoft snipers, in there we would be able to post anything and everything pertaining to this topic. Since we have a wealth of experience here it would be great to have this section.

I think it would be a great idea. It's nice to have useful information when you want it.
Dustball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:03   #9
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOX_111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepharo

Good read, and some nices photos.
Indeed very good read, and quite informative, although this is related to real steal, it helps one understand how wind and the elements affect the bb's travel.

Maybe Paul will post an article pertaining to bb ballistics, different bb weight, brands, etc. That sure would help for those who are just getting into the role or would like to get a better understanding.
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:04   #10
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shotgun-MAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperChic

I think it would be a great idea. It's nice to have useful information when you want it.
Tricks of the trade tend to remain sacred...... :salute:
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:06   #11
Drake
E-01

Well if it helps dispell a lot of people's concept that being a sniper is all about the gun, then yeah, it's a good idea.
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:10   #12
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake
Well if it helps dispell a lot of people's concept that being a sniper is all about the gun, then yeah, it's a good idea.
Alot pf people think that, this is one of the reasons I would like to see a "sniper section" within these boards. Many dont understand the role and the duties that go with it, its a different world and different style of play that is not for everyone, but theres some of us that love it :nod:
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:10   #13
concept_8

I wouldn't mind seeing a sniper specific section also.
Might even help posting and stickying a couple threads about the basic frequently asked questions about sniping in it.
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:14   #14
SCG48
a.k.a. SniperChic

Quote:
Originally Posted by concept_8
I wouldn't mind seeing a sniper specific section also.
Might even help posting and stickying a couple threads about the basic frequently asked questions about sniping in it.
I will have to talk to Paul and discuss with him about posting FAQ's and what not, it would be helpfull for the newer guys who decide that its the style of play they prefer and the veterans who would like to know more about the role and style of play.
Old February 5th, 2006, 22:18   #15
walks

I think a big thing to do is get a stock M24, M40 and APS2 and some different spings and chrony them to show people who are up-grading what spring will do what, it was done with eag's why not sniper rifles?
or if everyone chips in and shows what they have in there rifle then it would probably grow even faster.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Themed Airsoft > Other Regions