Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Most reliable Gbbr

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 28th, 2012, 10:26   #61
unknownvariable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrunoSardine View Post
I've been messing around with the idea of getting a GBBR for awhile, but there seems to be an abundance of information that goes with purchasing, using and maintaining the damn things that it's a bit over-whelming for me. I was considering a WE open bolt, but at this point I don't even know. Could anyone steer me in the right direction? I'm just looking for a gun that's relatively low maintenance, besides the regular clean and lube service you give your guns after a day of playing (which is what I already do with my AEGs)
I think the general sentiment from the previous pages is that if you look after them well (lube and sweet caresses), WE open bolt guns are about as good as any others out there. Even if you do have problems, gas guns seem to have less voodoo involved in fixing them.

Unless one can't afford it, (seems) everyone with an AEG brings a spare gun to games. Balance that with every game I go to I see guys with gas guns with some minor problems. Unfortunately when everything is made in China/Taiwan to the lowest of tolerances, this stuff is just going to break.

Personally I am slowly trying to make the move to gas. I appreciate the simpler design and takedown. Multiply that appreciation by 10 when you include the visceral experience of effective recoil and sound that makes GBBRs not sound like toys.
unknownvariable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 10:33   #62
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post

The horse you were riding didn't like you either.
...canadian horses.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 10:39   #63
Fox62
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownvariable View Post
I think the general sentiment from the previous pages is that if you look after them well (lube and sweet caresses), WE open bolt guns are about as good as any others out there. Even if you do have problems, gas guns seem to have less voodoo involved in fixing them.

Unless one can't afford it, (seems) everyone with an AEG brings a spare gun to games. Balance that with every game I go to I see guys with gas guns with some minor problems. Unfortunately when everything is made in China/Taiwan to the lowest of tolerances, this stuff is just going to break.

Personally I am slowly trying to make the move to gas. I appreciate the simpler design and takedown. Multiply that appreciation by 10 when you include the visceral experience of effective recoil and sound that makes GBBRs not sound like toys.
That's a very good post.
It's true that in the past GBBR's were pretty much wall hangers, but nowadays I think they've reached a point were they are precise enough to be skirmisheable and can hold their own against AEG's. And as you mentioend, the takedown and realism while gaming just can't be beat by any AEG.

Someone else mentioned the KWA MP7, great gun in my experience too (I've seen it shoot consistently as far as 50 metres - - it's a submachinegun!). It's a shame it uses specific buckings and inner barrels, but it doesn't really need the upgrade anyway.

Fox.
Fox62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 10:40   #64
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox62 View Post
...canadian horses.
Fox.
Are among the best out there XP

Quote:
The Canadian Horse is a breed of horse developed in Canada. Although previously relatively unknown due to its rarity, the Canadian Horse has influenced many other North American breeds, including the Morgan, American Saddlebred, and Standardbred. Although there have been several times when the breed almost went extinct,[1] now the Canadian Horse has many enthusiasts within and outside of Canada.
The Canadian Horse gave rise to the Canadian Pacer, which has had a profound impact on many of the gaited breeds of today.

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh

Last edited by MultipleParadox; June 28th, 2012 at 10:55..
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2012, 11:58   #65
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox62 View Post
That's a very good post.
It's true that in the past GBBR's were pretty much wall hangers, but nowadays I think they've reached a point were they are precise enough to be skirmisheable and can hold their own against AEG's. And as you mentioend, the takedown and realism while gaming just can't be beat by any AEG.

Someone else mentioned the KWA MP7, great gun in my experience too (I've seen it shoot consistently as far as 50 metres - - it's a submachinegun!). It's a shame it uses specific buckings and inner barrels, but it doesn't really need the upgrade anyway.

Fox.
PLaying with GBBR at CQB is both a blast and scarely. The sound of the gun will keep people back.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 21:48   #66
Shrapnel[Op-For]

So i've narrowed it down to either WE M14 or the PDW long barrel version. I'm leaning more towards the m14 because I feel like it would perform better outdoors compared to the pdw. Anyone have experience with the pdw outdoors?
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 23:18   #67
coach
aka coachster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrapnel[Op-For] View Post
Anyone have experience with the pdw outdoors?
had the closed bolt long but now converted to the open bolt short

Other than a correctable hook at 150-200ft, I have no problems with it outdoors. It's one of few guns that doesn't crap out on me. Been using .25's but you can see better results with .28's. I find .3's a bit heavy for the short OB system.

My only issue is the damn bolt release pin. Lost it again!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 00:53   #68
Shrapnel[Op-For]

So.. I just ordered the ob long version pdw with 8 mags. Can't wait to test it out.
Shrapnel[Op-For] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 09:49   #69
Ronald Chang

According to Taiwan website, WE products have good price but the pot metal they use is of a lower grade, which often leads to quick replacement of parts that are taking stress.

Not sure if this is still true for the more recent production. Would appreciate owners of the more recent produced WE GBBR share some of their experience here. Personally I prefer GBBR with reasonable out of the box lifespan before change of any parts.
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:48   #70
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

I love my WE, currently replaced the internals, nothing but pure awesomeness.
Curo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 13:19   #71
Fuzzy

I have a WE CQBR with ratech internals and a pdw gen2. I love them both. No problems with the metal internals. The nozzles are giving me issues though. The oring at the back of the nozzle seems to dry out really quickly, causing seized nozzle and/or shattered nozzles. Anyone else having this problem? Maybe I'm not putting enough oil in my mags - usually 2 drops in the tank to fill 8 mags.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 13:29   #72
Danke

Why don't you put oil directly on the O-ring? Do it when you clean it after use.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 13:35   #73
m102404
Tys

If your nozzle o-ring is dried out and seizing...then you need more oil.

Worth checking though....
- take the nozzle out of the bolt and see that the inside of the bolt is clean/smooth/etc...
---modding mags and then blowing gunk out of them through your gun is a good way to accumulate a thin layer of silicone/gasket stuff...that will add drag to your system aggravating things
---any dirt/dust/junk that is on your mags when you shove into your gun will end up in the bolt.
---good time to check that the nozzles o-ring is good...and that the piston head ports are free and clear.
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 14:38   #74
Ronald Chang

So it seems WE GBBR has improved. How about their magazines, in particular the M4 ones for open bolt system ?
Ronald Chang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2012, 15:32   #75
Danke

They have new mags that are sealed differently. They are supposed to be super.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion