Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Kjw 10/22 npas

:

Doctor's Corner

Old May 5th, 2012, 18:02   #1
CJay

Kjw 10/22 npas

hey guys, I have the KJW Ruger 10/22 and i also have the corresponding npas for it - i.e. the kjw M4 NPAS. Are there any guides online that show you how to properly install it on a 10/22. have been googling for about an hour now so can't seem to find one not for lack of searching. I'm really very good with internal mods , aeg and gas but i just wanna make sure i get it right and don't end up having to replace any tiny wee springs that go flying on me :S

any info would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Old May 5th, 2012, 19:44   #2
Fuzzy

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=8088

----
Once you have the bolt and all of its gubbins out of the receiver you just need to drop a couple of pins and the nozzle ect will come out.

If you pull the nozzle out of the bolt slightly you should see a small circle on either side of it (normally hidden by the runs that the nozzle travels on). This is a pin that is driven through the side of the nozzle. The pin has one half of the spring that retracts the nozzle sitting on it and when the pin is pushed out the spring with snap back and release the nozzle, you can then slide that off.

Now you need to drop the much larger roll pin which is on the side of the bolt itself. This holds the piston and head (or whatever the proper term is) in place and once removed from the bolt you can lever the piston out of the bolt the same way the nozzle came out.

Just reverse the process to assemble the unit again, except getting the spring to sit back on that small pin is a bit of a challenge but some logical thinking will get it done.

Hope this helps and is not too late.
----
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2012, 21:42   #3
CJay

much appreciated thanks.

now next question - with the standard npas adjust tool u get with it work in the tight space u have there or will i have to disassemble to adjust every time lol?

I'm considering having my own npas adjust tool made to fit if not so its not a big deal but i just don't see it fitting easilly lol.
Old May 6th, 2012, 02:43   #4
EVG31337

You have to disassemble the gun until it access to the nozzle (Split from body then remove barrel assembly)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner