Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Ares ms338 & ares ms700!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2014, 23:56   #166
raphael_double_tap
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: southern alberta
http://www.x-fire.org/ares/aw338/n_t...8_trigger.html

I found a PDI v trigger, the website says it would fit Ares AW338 what's everyone's thoughts if it would fit a ms700?
Cheers!
raphael_double_tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 00:52   #167
Bakasaur
Shit Geyser
 
Bakasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
As someone who has worked on these guns, I'm gonna up and say they're pieces of crap. The way Ares designed it doesn't make any sense to me, and they're clumsy/awkward to manipulate.
We had the stock sear that holds the piston break under 30 rounds, with the stock spring.

As many others said, The only good replacement is this: http://www.tntsniperproshop.com/prod...110_en_5457646

And you basically have to buy the whole kit (pain in the ass to install, as it requires drilling/tapping holes), or your piston won't lock properly with the sear, as the stock cylinder is not really compatible with this kit, It slam fires if you aren't careful in pulling the bolt back.
Bakasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 14:48   #168
chaz
 
chaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ajax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakasaur View Post
As someone who has worked on these guns, I'm gonna up and say they're pieces of crap. The way Ares designed it doesn't make any sense to me, and they're clumsy/awkward to manipulate.
We had the stock sear that holds the piston break under 30 rounds, with the stock spring.

As many others said, The only good replacement is this: http://www.tntsniperproshop.com/prod...110_en_5457646

And you basically have to buy the whole kit (pain in the ass to install, as it requires drilling/tapping holes), or your piston won't lock properly with the sear, as the stock cylinder is not really compatible with this kit, It slam fires if you aren't careful in pulling the bolt back.
You can trust him, he is super elite gun tech
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 16:00   #169
SuperHog
 
SuperHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Why are customers so gullible? Everyone that has bought says it is a good deal???? Really. Just wish Ares stop making junk?

With the amount of reviews on the internet on the MS338 and MS700, you would think people stay away from this gun. Zshot and Ares say these guns were 100% VSR10 compatible but in fact they are actually 5% compatible and for VSR10 parts to fit you would have to do extensive modifications to make them work.

Last edited by SuperHog; December 14th, 2014 at 16:15..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 19:02   #170
chaz
 
chaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Ajax
I heard it gives you aids
chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2014, 19:54   #171
nstahl.19
 
nstahl.19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Kitchener, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperHog View Post
Why are customers so gullible? Everyone that has bought says it is a good deal???? Really. Just wish Ares stop making junk?

With the amount of reviews on the internet on the MS338 and MS700, you would think people stay away from this gun. Zshot and Ares say these guns were 100% VSR10 compatible but in fact they are actually 5% compatible and for VSR10 parts to fit you would have to do extensive modifications to make them work.
Ya the claim in the beginning that they were 100% VSR10 compatible was completely false. I never even ended up getting one...

Theres a great in depth review of the gun with lots pictures and comparing parts with the VSR on this forum somewhere. That was a couple years ago.
nstahl.19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2014, 00:22   #172
Bakasaur
Shit Geyser
 
Bakasaur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
You can trust him, he is super elite gun tech
Never claimed to be, but thanks for the obvious compliment. Anyways, teammate bought one, and it took a long ass time to get it firing right.

The kit from TNT is really nice when installed correctly. The way it works is so simple, yet it provides one of the nicest trigger pulls of any BA I've had the chance to work on. If you're sold on the MS700, this kit is something that definitely makes it enjoyable.
Bakasaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2015, 09:12   #173
wilekcmc
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Northern Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphael_double_tap View Post
http://www.x-fire.org/ares/aw338/n_t...8_trigger.html

I found a PDI v trigger, the website says it would fit Ares AW338 what's everyone's thoughts if it would fit a ms700?
Cheers!
Has anyone tried the PDI V trigger, doe sit work or not? I have the 338 model, thanks.
wilekcmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2015, 19:04   #174
jomor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
NEW

Okay I have read and re-read all these posts. I still want the 338 version. Like all sniper airsoft rifles it needs upgrading. Now I'm no gun tech so I need easy install parts. IS there is a kit out for this yet? I know I will replace the trigger and assembly is there a definite one that fits it now? Also the bolt and cylinder and piston which ones are confirmed to work? To many posts with links but it seems to me nothing is confirmed. I don't have the time or skill to do my own mods. I would greatly appreciate your imput on which upgrade parts will work well. Also if there is anyone out there who does custom parts and or mods?
Please and thanks
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 07:45   #175
Datawraith
 
Datawraith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Markham
I dunno much about BA rifles, never mind these ones, but Novritsch (youtuber) has tuning kits for sale for the MSR, but he's out of stock at the moment.

Here's the link for whenever he restocks. http://novritsch.com/product/ares-msr-tuning-kit/

How good they are, I have no idea.
__________________
Primary: Custom ZTW VFC AR - Custom RTW VFC AR - KJW KC02
Secondary: Custom TM PX4 - KJW Mk1 - KJW M9
Camo: Pencott Greenzone - Multicam - Ranger Green - MARPAT
Datawraith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 12:18   #176
jomor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
WOW

Thanks for the link! Expensive as hell, but that takes all the worry out of matching up parts. That kit price is almost the same cost as the gun! LOL
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 13:25   #177
naminator
 
naminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Calgary
A team mate of mine has two of these things. Both upgraded to the tits. A Bolt Action Spring and a C02 BA. The Spring gun is stupid difficult to cock back. The C02 one is WAY better, but unfortunately the capsules start running out within less than a magazine. This results in inconsistent shots and significantly reduced power.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TokyoSeven View Post
1+1 = 2
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 17:14   #178
jomor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
Parts

Do you know, or would mind asking, what parts he used to upgrade the spring one? Please. I have no interest in a Co2 or Gas sniper rifle. I think it's an interesting idea that you can swap out your bolt to do all three.
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 22:16   #179
jomor
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ottawa
New

Does anyone know if I buy a new MSR338 will come with the steel trigger? Or did Ares just give up?
jomor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 1st, 2015, 22:45   #180
SuperHog
 
SuperHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
You guys are building a sniper the painful way especially with a Ares product. Expensive and not even reliable long term.

Build a HPA DMR and it will have more range than a springer and you won't even have to take you eyes of the target between each shot.

I converted my VFC SSR into a HPA long range sniping machine. I learned the hard way, sinking $$$$$ into my springers like the VSR10 and M24. Never again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aY8DyLs3s4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEdfD7j-LnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANHgfBy6y8g

Last edited by SuperHog; September 1st, 2015 at 23:00..
SuperHog is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop


Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Airsoft Canada
MILSIG

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:28.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.