new to the community...now...

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old December 7th, 2017, 21:33   #16
blazzer73553

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
as for goggles, I like the Revisions.

Got their built in fan system ones, and they do fit over my glasses although they pinch a little when you go this route, but for like $20 more you can get their RX insert and take it to your eye glass supplier and have them put your prescription in them.
have you ever used valken goggles? i didn't know valken really had a hand in airsoft. i mean in comparison to say revisions... its probably night and day difference hey?
blazzer73553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2017, 22:58   #17
RainyEyes

Keep in mind the abs plastic is higher quality on TM but only the NON-CLEAR plastic lowers. Any gbb pistols that make it into Canada are often tinted rather than black plastic. Some of the older stock is tinted and they're not that good in terms of strength.
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 09:58   #18
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazzer73553 View Post
have you ever used valken goggles? i didn't know valken really had a hand in airsoft. i mean in comparison to say revisions... its probably night and day difference hey?
I do not support Valken and their crap products (have not supported for years not just because of the recent Odin Innovations stuff).
Old December 8th, 2017, 09:59   #19
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
Keep in mind the abs plastic is higher quality on TM but only the NON-CLEAR plastic lowers. Any gbb pistols that make it into Canada are often tinted rather than black plastic. Some of the older stock is tinted and they're not that good in terms of strength.
Where have you been getting your TM? All the ones I've bought and seen in recent years are not tinted lol
Old December 8th, 2017, 10:57   #20
RainyEyes

They're old man. I had my bad luck with 3 different px4's, all were tinted. Some were TM some were hk3p/we. All the front posts broke on the tinted versions and the same happens with glocks sometimes but that's tinted abs for you :/

They only sold the black plastic version for the pre~2008 versions, then sold only the tinted versions, and then there were a bunch of them black plastic again after 2014ish. Every store, mach1, TA, etc, had only tinted versions until I got one off ASC for a really old one.
Old December 8th, 2017, 11:26   #21
BloodSport
Traveling Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
They're old man. I had my bad luck with 3 different px4's, all were tinted. Some were TM some were hk3p/we. All the front posts broke on the tinted versions and the same happens with glocks sometimes but that's tinted abs for you :/

They only sold the black plastic version for the pre~2008 versions, then sold only the tinted versions, and then there were a bunch of them black plastic again after 2014ish. Every store, mach1, TA, etc, had only tinted versions until I got one off ASC for a really old one.
weird once again only picked up non tinted ones, but I probably have a few more dealer friends then you might who get the legit stuff :P

were the px4's not a shitty design pistol anyways? I stick to the hicappa and P226 lines personally.
Old December 8th, 2017, 14:24   #22
RainyEyes

They're hard kicking gas blow back pistols. That's why they broke down faster than Glocks. A full metal Glock produced less recoil than my px4 last time I tried it, and I regretted my px4 purchase after trying the Glock.

Design was good but the material not so much.
Old December 8th, 2017, 21:09   #23
Okawesome

Quote:

As I understand it, Valken goggles are rebranded Pyramex goggles. You can look up images online and the similarity will be clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2017, 21:39   #24
Datawraith

Ugh, and for the price of one set of the Valkens, you could buy 2-3 pairs of the exact same thing from Pyramex...

Just... don't support Valken... They're a shitty company all around.

As for goggles, the go-to tends to be either Revisions or ESS. There's also Smith Optics, WileyX, and Oakley. Just make sure that they're real and not fakes and that you go and physically try them on if possible, as there are quirks to each product that may or may not suit each individual.

There does seem to be a trend of more experienced players getting away from goggles and getting ballistic glasses (of which I'm converting to as well). Probably due to comfort, better visibility, lower profile, and it definitely looks cooler
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 04:47   #25
blazzer73553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
Ugh, and for the price of one set of the Valkens, you could buy 2-3 pairs of the exact same thing from Pyramex...

Just... don't support Valken... They're a shitty company all around.

As for goggles, the go-to tends to be either Revisions or ESS. There's also Smith Optics, WileyX, and Oakley. Just make sure that they're real and not fakes and that you go and physically try them on if possible, as there are quirks to each product that may or may not suit each individual.

There does seem to be a trend of more experienced players getting away from goggles and getting ballistic glasses (of which I'm converting to as well). Probably due to comfort, better visibility, lower profile, and it definitely looks cooler

with lower profiles, have there ever been any problems with them falling off or having bb's sneak underneath during a "face shot" ? im stuck between a "google" or "glasses" style, i love goggles, but..i love low profile. and goggles dont seem like the compared to a "glasses"

but loud and clear, ill avoid the valkens
Old December 9th, 2017, 13:43   #26
Okawesome

Quote:
with lower profiles, have there ever been any problems with them falling off or having bb's sneak underneath during a "face shot" ? im stuck between a "google" or "glasses" style, i love goggles, but..i love low profile. and goggles dont seem like the compared to a "glasses"

Yeah that’s why some fields have a ‘full seal’ goggle requirement. I personally feel best wearing full seal goggles at all times. Lower profile full seal goggles, like the Smith Boogie Sport or the Revision Exoshield can provide great visibility and comfor but may have unavoidable problems with fogging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 14:09   #27
Datawraith

Quote:

I'm sure it does happen. That's why the ESS Crossbow Suppressors that I'm getting also has a full-seal gasket kit available. Oakley M-Frames also have a full seal gasket available (they call it a Helo kit I think), but for the M-Frames, if you attach the gasket, you can't run a Rx insert because it uses the same mounting position.

Most players that switch over into glasses without the full seal kits tend to make sure that it fits on their face very well, which minimizes gaps for BB's to sneak through.
Datawraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2017, 15:25   #28
blazzer73553

Quote:
Originally Posted by Datawraith View Post
I'm sure it does happen. That's why the ESS Crossbow Suppressors that I'm getting also has a full-seal gasket kit available. Oakley M-Frames also have a full seal gasket available (they call it a Helo kit I think), but for the M-Frames, if you attach the gasket, you can't run a Rx insert because it uses the same mounting position.

Most players that switch over into glasses without the full seal kits tend to make sure that it fits on their face very well, which minimizes gaps for BB's to sneak through.
guess i really need to get in store and try some stuff on, i was debating just ordering online... but... maybe not.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion