Airsoft Canada
http://triggerairsoft.com/shop/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Sorbothane (sorbo) noise and vibration absorbing foam, for various gun modifications.

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old August 29th, 2018, 12:34   #1
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Sorbothane (sorbo) noise and vibration absorbing foam, for various gun modifications.

Iā€™m looking for larger/thicker pieces of sorbothane for some gun projects and modifications. Small pads for cylinders can be found at Airsoftparts.ca, and google has led me to insoles and 12ā€ x 12ā€ sheets of it, but without the desired thickness. Does anyone know where to get it thicker? Preferably 2ā€ thick.

On that note; what other unique sorbo mods have people done beyond cylinder-head cushions and suppressors?

Thanks.
Old August 29th, 2018, 14:26   #2
gman1211

I spin marine grade silicone into cylinders for v2/3 heads. You put the head on a drill, put a bb over the hole, gob some silicone on it. Wet your finger then form it to a cone shape.
gman1211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2018, 15:55   #3
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1211 View Post
I spin marine grade silicone into cylinders for v2/3 heads. You put the head on a drill, put a bb over the hole, gob some silicone on it. Wet your finger then form it to a cone shape.
How do you wet your fingers because the silicone caulking just sticks to my hands regardless if it's spit or water?

I heard you're supposed to shape it into a dome instead of the typical cylinder shape to provide better impact absorption and reduce resting time for the material to reset back to it's default shape. Is this still the recommended method?
RainyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2018, 10:11   #4
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1211 View Post
You should consider making a how-to video.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications