Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

VSR-10 hop up compatilibity chart

:

Upgrades & Modifications

Old February 20th, 2017, 17:57   #1
Ludovic

Post VSR-10 hop up compatilibity chart

Hello gentlemen,

While looking for a hop-up unit / inner-barrel / bucking combination for a VSR-10 sniper, I rapidly got quite confused as to which products are compatible with one another. I figured a chart was missing to help us, newbies, figure out the intricate art of buying the right upgrade parts.

Here is what I came up with so far. I was hoping some of you could tell me if I got anything wrong (which I certainly have).

Here are also a couple questions on that same subject:
  1. Am I right to assume that the Maple Leaf Autobot and Decepticon buckings are designed for unbridged barrels?
  2. What kind of hop-up arm must one have to place an after-market nub on it?
  3. Am I right to assume that a hop-up modifications (such as the flat-hop, r-hop, ir-hop, j-hop, etc...) is not compatible with an unbridged inner-barrel?
  4. Am I right to assume that one should choose between the Maple Leaf Autobot and Decepticon buckings or the hop-up modifications (such as the flat-hop, r-hop, ir-hop, j-hop, etc...) and cannot have both?

Looking forward for your inputs.
Ludovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 18:20   #2
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

Heres the easy way to tell:
-Short, fat hop rubbers are for unbridged barrels. They look like hop rubbers for pistols
-AEG hop rubbers are for bridged barrels

If your intent is to use a flat hop or Rhop, any kind of arm is fine. It's just a matter of modding it and/or the nub

If you Rhop the gun, any kind of hop rubber will do, since you only need it as a sealing element. If you're doing a flat hop, you need to pick hop rubbers more carefully.
You can have both a flat hop rubber and an Rhop, but the fact you're using a flat hop rubber isn't going to make any difference.

Bridged barrels can be Rhopped, they're just more difficult to do in some cases.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 19:25   #3
Ludovic

From my understanding, this is a 'bridged inner-barrel':

And this is an 'unbridged inner-barrel':

I feel you may have misunderstood me? Or, is everything I though was true about inner-barrel wrong!?

I though the bridged inner-barrels allowed for easier hop-up modifications (such as the flat-hop, r-hop, ir-hop, j-hop, etc...) while unbridged inner-barrels allowed for longer patches (such as the ones provided by the Maple Leaf Autobot and Decepticon buckings).

Last edited by Ludovic; February 20th, 2017 at 19:30..
Ludovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2017, 20:03   #4
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

not much of a point to rhop a vsr.. the style of rubber is already very good at what it does. Unless you're a tinkerer, that's a fools errand to embark on when you can get great results with a standard vsr rubber.
Old February 20th, 2017, 20:59   #5
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

A sniper rifle is the *BEST* candidate for Rhop, you'll be using the heaviest BBs.

And yes, you can Rhop the unbridged barrels, I've done 3 myself.
Bridged barrels are easier to Rhop, but they're not exclusive.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Upgrades & Modifications