Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Canadian flag with all asc teams and members autographs

:

General

Old February 14th, 2015, 14:03   #1
Zfurlong

Canadian flag with all asc teams and members autographs

Hey guys, I'm just curious if there is enough interest to get something like this otg, I'm looking to get a rather large canadian flag and have all asc teams names and autographs/call signs, and eventually have it shipped back to me, and as new teams spring up, ship it to them for their autographs and so on and so forth. If you want to throw in a team pic feel free. Please reply with if your team would be interested in doing something like this or not. I think it would be a great way to get everyone in the community to do something collectively. Thoughts?

Last edited by Zfurlong; February 14th, 2015 at 14:04.. Reason: To add something
Zfurlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 14:22   #2
siggypoo

Sounds like something we used to do at LaserQuest. Difference being, there was a place to hang it for all and sundry to see. What about in this case?

Old February 14th, 2015, 14:25   #3
Madrigal

Not sure if even a bigass flag would fit all the teams INCLUDING their member's sigs and callsigns. Maybe just the team name and the captain's sig, and maybe one of their patches
Old February 14th, 2015, 15:08   #4
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Ok, so is this for your own collection?
Are you going to pay for this insanely large flag to be shipped to EVERY team/member?
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 15:34   #5
Zfurlong

I would supply the flag, and if the teams get a pic of their team with the flag, it would be uploaded to the thread/forums, I would ship it to the first team, from there it would make its way around to all teams in that area, then be shipped to the next area that way there should be as little as possible on shipping. As for the flag being shipped to each member, that shouldnt be necessary, have your team get together at a game or an event or training day and do the signing there as well as pic, and I would like that eventually it get shipped back to me once it's made its way across Canada, that way as new teams spring up on asc, I could arrange to ship it out to them. (The only reason I ask that it make its way back to me is for tracking and organization and to upload pics of it as new teams sign it)
As it stands for now though I'm looking to see if the interest is there first before I go out and get the flag.
Old February 14th, 2015, 15:46   #6
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Gonna be a bit of a dick here, but What is the point of this?
Would it not be easier for every team just to take a group photo with a Canadian flag of their own?

Especially if there is personal cost on the teams.
If it was for a fund raiser or foundation or something I can see a bunch of the guys/gals doing it, but if its a personal thing for you, then Honestly, you should be willing/ready to pay for the entire thing.
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 15:57   #7
Zfurlong

It would not be a personal thing for me, I'm looking to see if there is interest in doing it for the forums, I would not mind supplying the flag out of my own pocket, it would be something for the airsoft community, as I mentioned in my last post here, the only reason that I asked that it be shipped back to me once it's made its way across Canada is for organization, and tracking. That way if a team was missed or if a new team springs up, I could ship it to them.
Old February 14th, 2015, 15:59   #8
Zfurlong

And as for a size of the flag, I'm thinking maybe a 5x10 foot flag (50square feet)
Old February 14th, 2015, 17:01   #9
naminator

A good quality flag is insanely heavy and expensive. A 5x10 would be like 400$ if you got a good one.

Maybe try doing it locally and putting it up at a local field.
Were you maybe expecting 1+1 = donut?
naminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2015, 20:56   #10
QKLee11

Quote:
Originally Posted by naminator View Post
A good quality flag is insanely heavy and expensive. A 5x10 would be like 400$ if you got a good one.

Maybe try doing it locally and putting it up at a local field.
Not a bad idea, what you could do if you can, travel to some of the Canadian Provinces and attend Big Events. Have Teams, Players, and Event organizers/ Game Staff sign it. Just saying, since your from Eastern Canada, start in your province...there is a Game (Iron Monkey think it is in Cape Breton) in Nova Scotia this summer. If it is something you want to do then go for it, don't be turned off by Key board commando's.
QKLee11 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General