Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

TM Hicapa Hammer won't release properly

:

Doctor's Corner

Old March 7th, 2014, 16:59   #1
MultipleParadox

TM Hicapa Hammer won't release properly

Hey all

So I swapped a bunch of parts and yaddi yadda, reassembled the whole guacamole and bam! Hammer is acting wonky

First thing first, I don't have all original parts to swap them back and test for hours so I won't do that :P

In doubt, I tried different positions for the Leaf Spring prongs and that yielded different results. I don't remember exactly how they should go, but here's what I ended up with (looking at the grip with barrel facing away):

--> "On top of" means visible from your point of view/toward you:

Left prong: don't care
Middle: On top of the sear, applying some pressure "away" from you (toward the muzzle)
Right: On top of the disconnector, pushing the disconnector "away and upward"

==

Now, with this config, the hammer lock back fine, but pressing the trigger will yield different results depending on how I grip the gun:

No grip: Most of the time, the hammer release completely fine

Gripping the... grip (duh): Hammer will either not release at all, or release half-way. The sear gets caught up on the first notch of the hammer. When this happens, the only way to release it is manually pulling the sear.

Note that if I don't put the grip safety, it works pretty well, I'd say 9/10 of the times

==

So I'm naturally thinking: the middle spring prong is maybe applying too much pressure when I'm gripping the grip, forcing the sear to catch on the hammer. But If I were to bend the prong away to release some pressure (haven't tested that yet), I'm pretty sure it would had enough pressure and the hammer wouldn't lock back at all

==

So I'm basically asking:

1st: Is that leaf spring configuration correct?
2nd: Do you guys have dirty tricks to get this working 100% of the time when reassembling?

Thanks

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 18:42   #2
apilar

I would say for your 3 finger spring, that left prong does make a difference. It is kind of like a teeter-totter. When you push in your grip safety it pushes down on that left arm and causes the other 2 arms to engage. So, if you dont have the arms in the right place it is gunna be a problem.

As for 3 finger spring placement, I believe you want the left one pulled toward/up, the middle relatively straight, and the right pushed away.

I do not really enjoy messing with hammer springs and sear interaction and the whole deal, that's just my two cents.

As for sneaky tricks - Illusion would probably tell you to just take off the 2nd notch - the halfcock one. It really has no purpose on the airsoft pistol at all. And by removing it, there is no way your hammer wont fall completely.
apilar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2014, 22:20   #3
MultipleParadox

Good point
I'll consider this option for sure, thanks for the input
Will wait and see other advices too

Old March 8th, 2014, 12:49   #4
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Your leaf spring is installed properly, but it sounds like you have likely bent the prongs improperly. When you bend it at the improper location, applying pressure to the grip safety will put pressure on the prong that causes it to lighten up on the disconnector, which yields a proper release.

If you've thoroughly mangled the leaf spring, the only thing I can recommend is to get another one and start over, or try to get your hands on a proper one to see if you can re-bend yours to match it. There are a few spots on the spring that MUST remain flat, and bending must occur at very specific points.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2014, 09:50   #5
MultipleParadox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLusion View Post
Your leaf spring is installed properly, but it sounds like you have likely bent the prongs improperly. When you bend it at the improper location, applying pressure to the grip safety will put pressure on the prong that causes it to lighten up on the disconnector, which yields a proper release.

If you've thoroughly mangled the leaf spring, the only thing I can recommend is to get another one and start over, or try to get your hands on a proper one to see if you can re-bend yours to match it. There are a few spots on the spring that MUST remain flat, and bending must occur at very specific points.
Thanks, I'll go in that direction (already got a brand new spring from you )

Old March 12th, 2014, 13:53   #6
ILLusion
GBB Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Thanks, I'll go in that direction (already got a brand new spring from you )
Ah, I thought you already borked the new one. Glad to hear it isn't. LOL.
ILLusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2014, 05:15   #7
shootersaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MultipleParadox View Post
Hey all

So I swapped a bunch of parts and yaddi yadda, reassembled the whole guacamole and bam! Hammer is acting wonky

First thing first, I don't have all original parts to swap them back and test for hours so I won't do that :P

In doubt, I tried different positions for the Leaf Spring prongs and that yielded different results. I don't remember exactly how they should go, but here's what I ended up with (looking at the grip with barrel facing away):

--> "On top of" means visible from your point of view/toward you:

Left prong: don't care
Middle: On top of the sear, applying some pressure "away" from you (toward the muzzle)
Right: On top of the disconnector, pushing the disconnector "away and upward"

==

Now, with this config, the hammer lock back fine, but pressing the trigger will yield different results depending on how I grip the gun:

No grip: Most of the time, the hammer release completely fine

Gripping the... grip (duh): Hammer will either not release at all, or release half-way. The sear gets caught up on the first notch of the hammer. When this happens, the only way to release it is manually pulling the sear.

Note that if I don't put the grip safety, it works pretty well, I'd say 9/10 of the times

==

So I'm naturally thinking: the middle spring prong is maybe applying too much pressure when I'm gripping the grip, forcing the sear to catch on the hammer. But If I were to bend the prong away to release some pressure (haven't tested that yet), I'm pretty sure it would had enough pressure and the hammer wouldn't lock back at all

==

So I'm basically asking:

1st: Is that leaf spring configuration correct?
2nd: Do you guys have dirty tricks to get this working 100% of the time when reassembling?

Thanks
After change the part(H51-69) , anything will be solve.
http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/shop/t...3.html?cPath=0
shootersaber is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner