Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

The TM M4 MWS GBBR Owner's Thread

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old May 8th, 2017, 01:32   #1
LocoYokoPoco
a.k.a. ian209

The TM M4 MWS GBBR Owner's Thread

After owning the MWS since almost launch, I have decided to start a thread that hopefully will answer some questions of both existing users and people considering the platform.

In this post, I will be covering:
-Necessary Upgrades
-Upgrades to Consider
-Green Gas Magazine Modification
-Rail/Handguard compatibility
-Other handy tips/advice

Upgrades that I would deem necessary when running propane/green gas:

1) The Disconnector.
The trigger disconnector is a weak point in this gun. I've had mine fail after about 5000 rounds put through with propane/green gas. I've heard from another user that they have had theirs fail after some thousand rounds as well. UAC and Asura Dynamics both make a steel disconnector for the MWS. The Asura Dynamics you can buy by itself, but I believe the UAC you have to buy as a package with full steel trigger components. I've been running my UAC steel trigger components for over 5000 rounds now and there have been no problems.

2) The Plastic Stock Buffer.
This part is also notorious for failing, especially if you're running green gas or propane. Angry gun and RA-Tech both make metal versions of the buffer with various weights. I've ran both the heavy and light versions of the Angry gun buffers, and while the heavy buffer gives some amazing recoil, the pin in the buffer tends to start falling out after some rounds. The lightweight buffer on the other hand has been very reliable thus far.

3) Nozzle Return Spring
This is another area which I would suggest upgrading. UAC makes an "Enhanced Nozzle Spring Set" which includes this part as well. There is another company called SAPH that makes this spring, but that one is very hard to come by. This part is prone to failure, however, your gun might function fine with the spring gone bad. You won't really know if it has failed until you take apart the nozzle assembly and check it. I only found out that mine failed after I took apart the bolt to install an NPAS. The gun still functioned fine, but I've since then replaced it with the SAPH spring and have had no problems since.

4) Hop-up Bucking
The hop-up bucking is very soft out of the box and fails pretty quickly when running on green gas or propane. You will know when this part has failed when BB's start rolling out of your barrel with the hop up dialed up. The MWS is fully VSR/TM GBB Pistol bucking compatible. I have tried quite a few buckings in the MWS and I would highly recommend the Firefly Hard VSR bucking in combination with an H-Nub if you can get your hands on it. It has the best accuracy and range out of all the buckings I've tested. The modify TAN bucking with an Concave Nub or regular Nub is also not a bad choice if you cannot source the firefly one. For some reason, the MWS hop unit does not like the Maple Leaf buckings. I've tried both the decepticons and autobot buckings in various degrees of hardness and the range really falls short on all accounts, no matter what nub I used.

Upgrades to consider:

1) UAC Reinforced Loading Nozzle.
I've yet to have my loading nozzle break on me, but I've upgraded to the UAC on just in case.

2) UAC Enhanced Sealing Buffer.
Nice to have a better seal to increase efficiency. Haven't really noticed a difference myself though.

3) UAC Trigger.
The stock trigger can feel pretty mushy, upgrading the UAC one improves it quite a lot.

4) Ambi Selector.
Nice to have, looks cool and good for lefties or switching sides.

5) Ambi Charging Handle.
I upgraded mine with the angry gun ambi charging handle, works and looks great. I haven't had any problems with the stock charging handle, but when I owned a KJW M4, I went through charging handles like hot cakes, so I upgraded mine anyway.

Green Gas/Propane Magazine Mod

For those who use green gas and want more shots per mag, I would suggest you look into the magazine mod as shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNgf_fEC2c
I will warn you though, if you are going to use full auto in conjunction with this mod, you better not overfill the mag or it will spit gas out the breach. I suggest filling for 15 seconds max with this mod if you plan on running full auto. Otherwise, if you're strictly running semi, this is a good way to get more shots per mag fill.

Rail/Handguard compatibility.

If you're looking to spice up your MWS with a new rail system or handguard, there's a few tidbits you'll need to know before purchasing and installing it to the MWS. Firstly, the MWS is only compatible with rail systems/hand guards where the barrel nut or delta ring is AEG spec, not Real Steel/WA/G&P spec. Secondly, you will need either the "Spear Arms Barrel Nut Adapter" or the "First Factory Outer Barrel Spacer" in order to secure the outer barrel properly onto the upper receiver. I have managed to fit a real steel Samson Evolution 11" rail on mine by using an AEG delta nut and mounting the rail on that.

Other Tips:

1) DO NOT keep the gun stored in a cocked state overnight or for long periods of time. This will make your springs in the trigger box fail eventually. I made this very mistake myself, where I left it cocked over a 1 month period and the trigger would no longer reset on semi auto due to a weak disconnector spring. I had to take apart the lower receiver and stretch the disconnector spring to fix this. I've replaced the trigger springs with the recently available UAC spring set.

2) As with other GBBRs, do not fire the gun upside down or over a 90 degree angle. I haven't tried this myself, but in my past experience with GBBRs and GBBs in general, they do not like the extra pressure from shooting the gun upside down. It may cause premature failure of nozzle parts and/or other parts in the gun.

3) If you are a frequent user of full auto with the stock bolt and plastic buffer/lightweight buffer, I highly recommend you take apart the magazine and secure the tiny spring in the follower with some epoxy. This spring tends to fall out or get destroyed when using full auto on the stock parts on propane/green gas. This is the spring that pushes out the lip on the follower to engage the bolt catch lever on your magazine. If you're finding that your bolt isn't catching on certain magazines, chances are the spring is the culprit.

Feel free to add something that I've missed, or ask any questions you may have about the platform.

Armory
-KWA Tavor TAR21 GBBR
-TM PX4 w/Detonator Aluminum Slide
LocoYokoPoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2019, 08:13   #2
SW0RDF15H

This is extremely helpful. You have no idea!!
SW0RDF15H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 08:47   #3
T.K.

Further Upgrade parts MWS

Hey,

recently discovered your post and agree totally with your choice of parts. I played my MWS for 3 years now as my Summer primary. Just semi, cause in Germany you are not allowed to have full auto on guns over 0.5J. I play it with 0.4g Lonex BBs and a firefly bucking. Shoot nice and straight. I can recommend the first factory hop up arm as well. It provides a stable and constant pressure on the bucking, allowing a precise setting of the Hop. Furthermore, I use the RTS aluminium Bolt, for faster cycling, and the Angry Gun Heavy Buffer.

Recently I had to change the bolt catch lever or whatever it is called, due to deformation of the old, stock one. Now it is a Guns Modify Steel bar. Also I changed the trigger to the one from UAC. More for the looks, than for function

Good to know, that there are other people, having the same issues with the gun.
T.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2019, 00:27   #4
Reapur

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoYokoPoco View Post
Rail/Handguard compatibility.

If you're looking to spice up your MWS with a new rail system or handguard, there's a few tidbits you'll need to know before purchasing and installing it to the MWS. Firstly, the MWS is only compatible with rail systems/hand guards where the barrel nut or delta ring is AEG spec, not Real Steel/WA/G&P spec. Secondly, you will need either the "Spear Arms Barrel Nut Adapter" or the "First Factory Outer Barrel Spacer" in order to secure the outer barrel properly onto the upper receiver. I have managed to fit a real steel Samson Evolution 11" rail on mine by using an AEG delta nut and mounting the rail on that.

Is there any place that the adapter rings can be ordered within Canada?
Reapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2020, 00:32   #5
Donster

Where did you source your UAC and angry gun parts?
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2020, 12:17   #6
Donster

I found this thread very helpful as well:
https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/4096...tm-mws-thread/
Donster is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion