Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

KWA M93R propane usage?

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 19th, 2012, 07:50   #1
Neurotrauma

KWA M93R propane usage?

I've been reading up on the gas usage of the M93R, KWA swears not to use propane and it even voids the warranty but a lot of people seem to be using it anyway post warranty period. I was wondering if anybody here was having sucess or failures using propane on this pistol and if switching to green gas was a solution.

I've already had my semi auto function stop working on the first day I got it, so I'm trying to avoid further potential problems
Neurotrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 08:18   #2
Rommen

Green gas works fine. And just fyi, green gas and propane are the same propellant
Rommen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 08:47   #3
Neurotrauma

I'm aware, but theres been some lengthy discussions about this on the KWA board that green gas has some extra additives in it that make the gun function better. I was always under the assumption that propne+silicone = green gas, but they say theres more to it and that propane can ruin your gun. Have you been using green gas or propne in yours?
Neurotrauma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:24   #4
w1lp33

Propane in all 4 of my kwa guns, never had an issue. They just want you to buy kwa green gas I'm sure. :-)
w1lp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:38   #5
MultipleParadox

I don't know anyone using GreenGas, no one complained about their except for the usual issues.

Then again, MAYBE, just maybe, using green gas would lessen those issues, but I doubt it. Anyways, if this were true it wouldn't weight enough in the balance when you compare the prohibitive cost of GG vs propane and the money you MIGHT save because of having less internal issues.

That being said, the additive in propane might be for something but that's just speculations. No one, as far as I know, has a real definite answer to those questions. Or at least no one went publicly stating anything officially and backed by real facts. Same goes for the real composition of Green Gas; Some say the molecule is very similar yet not the same, others say the molecule shown doesn't exist and it really is propane, yada yada yada...

I stick to propane.

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:08   #6
Fuzzy

No chemists on ASC? University students with access to an NMR? Be the first to reveal the composition of green gas!
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:52   #7
slink182

There has been numerous discussions regarding green gas vs. propane. Airsoft Innovations performed the lab analysis. Others have also come to the same conclusion. Folks used to use green gas because nobody really knew what was in it, and therefore the gas was "magical". Same applied to red gas.

For the most part:

green gas = propane + ultra light weight silicon oil + ethyl mercaptan

Note - Processed propane on its own does not smell. Commercial propane smells "like propane" because of the added odourant (ethyl mercaptan). (Hell, they could make it smell like "Bounce", but that would probably lead to a bunch of idiots huffing propane bottles.)

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/green-gas-propane
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Gas

This is not rocket science with the power of GOOGLE.
Originally Posted by kalnaren View Post
Stalker stays where he is.
His BB's fly across the country to hit their target.
slink182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:06   #8
CrAzy AziAn

I use propane in both my guns.... including the M93R. If I remember correctly the KWA manual says you have to use their "high-grade" brand bbs as well. Wouldn't be surprised if that voided the warranty if you shoot other bbs.
CrAzy AziAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:09   #9
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
No chemists on ASC? University students with access to an NMR? Be the first to reveal the composition of green gas!
Are you serious? MadMax already proved it's propane a long time ago. That's why he started making propane adapters. The propane revolution started right here in Canada.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Styrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:59   #10
Fuzzy

I thought the previous poster wanted to know what other additives are added to propane. But if somebody has already did the analysis then good.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 13:55   #11
lurkingknight
"bb bukakke" KING!

propane on my pistol since I bought it... original owner might have used GG.. but I just add the silicone oil to the gas when I stored them for the winter... then I vented the gas at the beginning of the season so my hopup wouldn't absorb all the oil.
lurkingknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 15:36   #12
ap27

The problem here is that its an M93R. They're notoriously unreliable. The two most common issues are the sear (where semi/burst stops working) and the cylinder breaking (because its made of potplastic). Over-lubricating seems to prolong the life of the cylinder, but I haven't heard of anything about the sear issue.

ap27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2012, 16:13   #13
TPM001

Comon guys! It's simple. Green gas is hydrogen. That's why they call it "green"...

<crickets chirping>
TPM001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2012, 11:17   #14
lordnordeth

I've used propane in my M93R since the day I bought it over 2 years ago, never once had an issue, just keep it ridiculously well lubed (And don't worry about the warranty period, the KWA warranty does not apply in Canada)

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion