Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Replica vrs. Airsoft

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old June 7th, 2016, 07:02   #1
pzrwest

Send a message via AIM to pzrwest Send a message via MSN to pzrwest Send a message via Yahoo to pzrwest
Replica vrs. Airsoft

How do airsoft 1 to 1 scale guns get around the replica gun laws? From what I remember replica firearms are banned in Canada, unless you owned the replica prior to December 1998, you can posses the replica firearm but you can't sell, trade, or give the replica away. If you no longer want to have the replica you have to take it to the police and have them destroy the replica.
Old June 7th, 2016, 07:39   #2
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Because they can cause serious bodily harm. This makes them an unregulated firearm. There's a huge amount of info posted on this in the stickies, plus there's generic guidelines on the RCMP website about airsoft, etc.
Old June 7th, 2016, 21:44   #3
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I would just not worry about it.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2016, 22:00   #4
localfreerider
willing to perform services in a dark alley that may or may not leave you satisfied for a title. GFE = 1, looks = 2, BBFS for an extra $50.

If you have any guns you are willing to dispose of I would gladly take care of that for you :P

No charge!
localfreerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 22:43   #5
Wilkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderCactus View Post
I would just not worry about it.

This is a big one. If you start to think about how close some of our passtimes are to being taken away you'll go nuts.

Both Airsoft and restricted firearms are two big ones for me, and neither of them are ever overly safe regardless of which political party happens to be in power.
Wilkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 23:03   #6
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

I'd be worried about restricted long before airsoft.

Restricted firearm gets stolen, kid shoots somebody with a super scary almost-illegal assault rifle. Public image disaster for firearm owners everywhere.

Airsoft gun gets stolen, kid tries to rob a 7-11 with it, cop shoots him during the getaway. "Oh look some shit head threatened a cop with a toy gun" is the public response and everyone goes about their business.

The key difference being, although looking very similar, no one but the perpetrator is in any actual danger when they use an airsoft gun in a crime.

Airsoft guns have been getting nothing but easier to acquire. As long as people keep thinking we're fags playing soldier, the sport is safe lol
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 23:20   #7
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzrwest View Post
How do airsoft 1 to 1 scale guns get around the replica gun laws? From what I remember replica firearms are banned in Canada, unless you owned the replica prior to December 1998, you can posses the replica firearm but you can't sell, trade, or give the replica away. If you no longer want to have the replica you have to take it to the police and have them destroy the replica.
I'm curious how you've been around since 2007 yet are so badly informed.... Not trying to be a dick, just it legitimately baffles the mind.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion