Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Review Request: KJ Works/TK GBBR M4

:

Reviews

Old October 14th, 2009, 13:33   #46
ShelledPants

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolAidMan View Post
tys out of the guns you used as an example the closet to its price overseas is the ksc mp7 overseas 340 here 500 .the we m4 is 400 and sells for 930 with 5 mags factor in each mags is about 40-50 each and the mark up of the actual rifle isnt much mabey its around 700$

On the other end of the spectrum the king arms is around 250-350 but demands a price of 800 .thats just tad bit beyond explanation on how 2 items with similar prices over seas can be in diffrent ranges over here.and how something that costs more is actualy less expensive over here

it just seems illogical to me to run your bussiness like that

I exempted the ptw since you stated it was used
It's simple.

Size, demand, and how easy they are to smuggle: All factors in the price.

Ár skal r?*sa, sá er annars vill
fé eða fjör hafa. Sjaldan liggjandi úlfur
lær um getur né sofandi maður sigur.
ShelledPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 13:42   #47
m102404
Tys

Edit: I'm terribly sorry for derailing this review thread. Please have a moderator wipe any of my posts here at your discretion. My first post in this thread was more to point out that GBBRs are probably not going to be any more/less expensive than what airsoft currently costs.

KoolAidMan:
You're either not making sense or your concept of supply/demand/market value is a bit skewed.

It has nothing to do with how I do business. It has everything to do with a buyers wants, needs and "must have now" impulses. It's never been anything different with airsoft guns.

There's no explanation other than 3 of those guns were sold at a price that was reconciled against the needs/wants of the buyers (good value, perceived, realistic or not). I wanted a KA FAL when they were just out, rare, not widely used and a "neat thing"....and I paid a hefty premium to get it into my grubby little hands within 2 weeks.

A $100 gun sells for $350-400 here...3.5-4x markup. Why...because guys want it enough to pay that much...and because to those buyers sub $400 seems palatable (i.e. doable without having to eat Kraft Dinner for 3 months straight). Is it borderline retarded to buy a low end item at a 400% markup? Absolutely...but it happens all the time because of supply/demand/want/need.

A $1000 PTW SCK sells for $1200...hardly a markup at all. Why...because there is less demand and most guys are reluctant to spend that much (i.e. the total $$$$ committed is less palatable).

If I could have bought them cheaper, I would have of course...but I don't live overseas, nor will I try to smuggle/ship these things in directly myself. Unless you have a direct channel to buy at overseas list....the comparison of what it costs over there vs. what it costs here is not a viable comparison. It absolutely 100% sucks...but if you can't get it at overseas list, what are you to do? (answer is...1) refuse to pay the local price and go without or 2) pay the local demand price)

Last edited by m102404; October 14th, 2009 at 13:47..
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 16:04   #48
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

No worries about derailing the thread. It has been derailed since the first page.

I like the conversation; mods can you move it rather than wipe it?

Rename it M4 GBBR discussion maybe?

And To Rock and m102 etc., I agree with your point.

However, I have played airsoft for 2 years (at games, not in forests, no worries)

Im 19, and until 6 months ago I was living in england.

I played there quite a bit.

To date i have owned a JG, a CYMA and two TMs, all AEGs.

I a probably still considered a noob as I dont know too much about AEGs.

I could field strip em and thats it.
I think I am skilled enough and competent enough to buy a GBBR and be able to use it and care for it.

Is it just me or do I sound like a little girl justifying buying a new puppy?

The money factor is that I just moved into a new place with my girlfriend and money is tight. I can afford to sink maybe $400 to $600 now, and regular smaller investments later as needed.

Upgrading is not an issue, its just that a big purchase all at once will not work right now.

Finaly, I actually do want a gun that requires more work.

You put more work in, you get more fun out, and that is very true for a GBBR.

For years, I have thought, AEGs are fun, but damn i love shooting a GBB pistol.

I want that experience all the time.

I know the disadvantages, and I still want to buy one.

Thank you for your advice, though, if I was a noob it would be perfect =P

The last thing I want is for everyone helping me to think this is another case of a noob not listening to people in the know and doing their own stupid idea, as this is not the case.

I just should have explained my situation in more detail.

Whoops. long post.

Cheers guys, and thanks for all the help. <3

Last edited by MoreToasties; October 14th, 2009 at 16:46..
MoreToasties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:38   #49
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw

Location: Mississauga, ON -- The Brotherhood Of Eternal Sleep
Well in the end it is up to you. If you have $400-$600 to spend NOW, why not just save that money until you have closer to $900-$1000 and get a quality one with proper after-market support?

Oh and don't worry about the having to work on it part, you will never escape that in airsoft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pliskin View Post
This is the equivalent to knocking on deaths door and blowing his head off with a shotgun.
Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:41   #50
KoolAidMan

tys I think that things should be more fair for the consumer .It's only my opinion afterall.

now that you explained why the ka fal was that much .I did have a similar situation were i paid a bit of a premium to get something faster around 100 more so i didnt have to wait 2 weeks to 3 months .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusangani View Post
lol why is it that every single fucking underaged kid that comes thru here happens to have some private land to play on when accused of playing in public
KoolAidMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 17:42   #51
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock 'N' Roll Outlaw View Post
Well in the end it is up to you. If you have $400-$600 to spend NOW, why not just save that money until you have closer to $900-$1000 and get a quality one with proper after-market support?

Oh and don't worry about the having to work on it part, you will never escape that in airsoft
Because I am TERRIBLE at saving.

And to be totally honest, I have waited a good year for a decent priced GBBR.

This one, I will money around with and get a feel from GBBRs with.

If i love it, THEN i will buy a $1k one. If not then I sell it and go back to AEGs.

Either way, this is a trial gun.

I know I could rent one, but i want to get a feel for working on it, modifying it, and how it performs over long periods of time.

Hooker vs wife dilemma.

Im going for trial marriage.

Old October 17th, 2009, 11:36   #52

So I've seen a lot of discussion surrounding GBBRs, and the like, but no one has posted any links to KJW M4 GBBR Reviews, unless I missed it...

Here's one from Arnie's:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forum...owtopic=171349

Here's RedWolf's Review:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?reviewID=240
Quote: Possibly the best performing GBB M4 out of the box?

Hopefully I will have some cash to buy one and review on www.6mm-mag.com, but I need to sell some crap to do that. LOL. In time...

Last edited by 808; October 17th, 2009 at 11:40..
808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 11:43   #53
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808 View Post
So I've seen a lot of discussion surrounding GBBRs, and the like, but no one has posted any links to KJW M4 GBBR Reviews, unless I missed it...

Here's one from Arnie's:
http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forum...owtopic=171349

Here's RedWolf's Review:
http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwol...l?reviewID=240
Quote: Possibly the best performing GBB M4 out of the box?

Hopefully I will have some cash to buy one and review on www.6mm-mag.com, but I need to sell some crap to do that. LOL. In time...
Thanks alot, reading through arnie's now.

Old October 26th, 2009, 22:54   #54
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Any Canadians ready to review this yet?

Arnies was great but I wanna hear from our side of the pond.

Old October 27th, 2009, 01:06   #55
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreToasties View Post
Any Canadians ready to review this yet?

Arnies was great but I wanna hear from our side of the pond.
why don't you buy one? people who own one and want to write review will do so, otherwise its a no. (sorry getting really mad at the recent review request)
Old October 27th, 2009, 03:08   #56
aZn_triXta07

Just look at any old KJW M4 GBBR review when it's available.

All this version will have that's different is a clear lower that's all.

I will probably pick one up for myself later on, I've tried about almost all the M4 GBBRs so we'll just have to see.
aZn_triXta07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:26   #57
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by kullwarrior View Post
why don't you buy one? people who own one and want to write review will do so, otherwise its a no. (sorry getting really mad at the recent review request)
I'm waiting till I hear some feedback, as I havent heard anything about the Canadian version.

I am also debating between it and the WE SCAR GBBR.

Old October 27th, 2009, 12:32   #58
peacekeeper
formerly bazza

Ok i have been playing for about 5 .5 yrs now and i had an opertunity to check one one a couple of months ago at a milsim were ken was on my side . Here's a few breif pointers on the gun i saw and test fired .

- The rifle itself is of decent weight and seems to be on a higher quality
- Ken opened the gun on the field and i got to inspect internals , now the metal there seemed to be made from looks like a decent steel ( its defently not pot metal) , smooth and the parts seemed to slide togeather nice enough .
- the plastic lower reciever seems solid with no wobbles and the stock is ok
- The canadian mags are nice , hold alot of gas , got 2 mags worth with no refills , was about 20 to 25 degree's that day .
- The range of the rifle was quite good about the same as my upgraded ics aeg ( say about 120 to 150 feet approx )
- One of the reasons i was looking at one is kens service record , i have bought a few aegs, parts and accesories and hes always treated me well , and take the time out to show me the problem and how to fix it .
- I looked on the internet and there are a few companies lining up for parts and acessories , RA-tech was evualuting one on utube with no real complaints
- the recoil is good and firm , very consistate until i emptied the mag .
- I'm acually going over to kens house in mid nov , as ill have all my magpul parts , he acually going to let me try all my parts on the gun to see how it all fits . Ill be able to tell you more then about aftermark acessories .

Im at the point in my airsoft time i wanted to look at something different , and im looking at several brands or gbb rifles , some new , some used with upgraded parts and many in varoius price ranges . What i have found is that all gbb weapons be it pistols, rifles whatever always need to be fine tuned to serve the individual player . Anyways thats my 2 cents , hope it helps. Please feel free to pm me with any other questions , id be glad to help if i can
peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 14:00   #59
MoreToasties
Art affectionado

Arrrggg...Brainss!

Geddit? Zombie thread.

Quick question.

After MUCH deliberation, as you can tell from the start date of this thread, I am picking one of these up next week.

However, I know it is a new platform.

My question is, does anyone know what rail systems will fit?

Old November 23rd, 2009, 14:11   #60
Conker

Externally, it's supposed to be 100% AEG compatible.
Conker is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews