Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Real Sword Dragunov SVD. Yes please!

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old February 10th, 2009, 19:27   #76
Alexei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchmeister View Post
No disrespect to Amos, but I wouldn't put too much credence in a $1500 price on this. The street price of the Type 56 is about $850 in Canada ($375 US). I don't see why this should be more than about $1100 at most landed / shipped based on the US price. And if it's true to the Type 56 build quality, it'll be totally worth it to anyone looking for an SVD, as this will be the ultimate SVD AEG.

Prices like $1500 for something like this are just greedy. When the Type 56 first came out last December, I contacted A&A about them. Mark insisted hands down that the cheapest he could do it for was $1150 + tax + shipping, bringing the total to just under $1400. And the dollar at the time was at about the same exchange rate it is today. I ended up getting it for $890 shipping included from an alternate source, and everyone's been selling them in that range since. Someone will eventually bring these things in at a much more reasonable price than $1500. Just depends on the greed level of the person with the BFL.

Hey Crunchmeister I respect you saying it like it is.

Too all the retailers, PLEASE BRING SOME IN, I will buy, so will many others.

Last edited by Alexei; February 10th, 2009 at 19:30..
Alexei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 20:54   #77
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_20 View Post
Hey Crunchmeister I respect you saying it like it is.

Too all the retailers, PLEASE BRING SOME IN, I will buy, so will many others.
He really isn't "saying it like it is" as all.

These things are 750 USD from hong kong... In Canadian funds alone they're 930 bucks... Let alone the 150 dollar shipping on it, the 14% to 30% duty, a substantial cut for the importer...

These things would just be WAY too expensive to be worth anyone's time... Look at it this way: Would you rather make 100 to 200 dollars on a huge rifle, or make 25-50 each on 30 pistols?

These things take up way too much cargo room.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 20:59   #78
mcguyver

So, it will be about $1600, at least.

Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing what's for dinner.

Freedom is the wolves limping away while the sheep reloads.

Never confuse freedom with democracy.
mcguyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 21:43   #79
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguyver View Post
So, it will be about $1600, at least.
I'm not even gonna bother with them, they're neat and all and probably a really good AEG... I just feel I couldn't sell them for a realistic amount of money... It's easy enough to get burned at the stake already.
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 21:55   #80
Alexei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
He really isn't "saying it like it is" as all.

These things are 750 USD from hong kong... In Canadian funds alone they're 930 bucks... Let alone the 150 dollar shipping on it, the 14% to 30% duty, a substantial cut for the importer...

These things would just be WAY too expensive to be worth anyone's time... Look at it this way: Would you rather make 100 to 200 dollars on a huge rifle, or make 25-50 each on 30 pistols?

These things take up way too much cargo room.
I can understand from a retailers point of view that it wont be profitable too you, but what the fuck lets just keep importing more loads of the same old shit and not make any progress. I hate this fucking bullshit, $1600 for a fucking toy too play with, what a country. You said 150 shipping, thats $150 from hongkong right?, What about when this gun makes it too retailers in the states. Also I guess your right about not worth anyones time, but with a pricetag of lets say $1500 Im still baffelled as too how anybody would want too spend $1300-1500 on a fucking systema, yet refuse too fork out for a beautifull Draganov by a company like RS that has proven its self wothy with their other guns. I dont know maybe im just Nieave, but I cant get my head around the idea of paying even $750(which I would) for this gun, when It didnt cost anywher near that much too produce.

Im really upset at the idea that even if one or two of this gun ever makes it too Canada it will cost $1500, $1500!! thats fucked, this gun better be able too blow me for that much money. we pay way too much for guns in canada, I think we in the Canadian Airsoft world have become so used too paying insane amounts of money on toys that cost fuck all too produce that $1500 does not even sound like alot of money, yet it is an insane amount of money considering what your getting, Shit you can buy a good real firearm for equal or less and a fucking toy that shoots plastic bbs costs 1500. Fuck im upset, the future looks bleek.

Last edited by Alexei; February 10th, 2009 at 22:43..
Old February 10th, 2009, 21:58   #81
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

calm down Alex, it is what it is, after a while the price on the SVD will go down don't worry
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2009, 22:27   #82
Alexei

Its not what it is its what you make it. I am calm I was just making a point and a good point, its that kind of attitude(acceptance) thats the reason for lack of progress in this country. But on a side note here's something fucked up, In Russian and the Ukraine too get a real gun for a citizen the legal way you have too go through all kinds of checks and mental evaluation, the cops talk too your neighbours, relatives, friends and then if your lucky(and bribe the right people) you get permission, which has too be renewed every six months and the pigs stop by your house occasionally too check on you, yet you can freely order airsoft toys from any international retailer.

Also From personal experience when you walk down the center street in Kiev, Ukraine, or any fair or amusement park you will see a tent with Airasoft guns hanging off a small chain, you pay 10 Grievnas=like $2 Canadian you get 30 shots at pop and beer can positioned about 10 meters away too win a prize. Kids play, couplse on a date even old people they have alot of fun, yet Here you have too shop for a Airsoft gun like buying crack, through an underground network of retailers without even being able too touch or hold what your paying $1500 dollars for before you buy, yet you can still go too Canadian tire and buy a pellet gun that looks like a Glock 17 that shoots metallic pellets for 70 bucks, am I the only one who sees something wrong with that. I don't understand why don't they make Airsoft like paintball, make it legal let people open stores and tax it here in Canada, Let us have our fun and let the tax fucks take their share.

Last edited by Alexei; February 10th, 2009 at 22:37..
Old February 10th, 2009, 22:42   #83
mcguyver

Alex_20, you can rant about the law all you like, but that won't change a damn thing. If you think the whole replica portion of the CCC is bullshit, firearms is just as bad, and even more restrictive.

When you find the solution, let the rest of us know. Until then, your rant might make you feel the teeniest bit better, but that's it.

Old February 10th, 2009, 22:45   #84
Alexei

Hey you know I can rant, believe me, I know it wont change a thing Im just ranting. some of you guys are so fucking arrogant.
Old February 10th, 2009, 22:49   #85
dpvu

Send a message via MSN to dpvu
Quote:
Its not what it is its what you make it. I am calm I was just making a point and a good point, its that kind of attitude(acceptance) thats the reason for lack of progress in this country.
Yes our import laws are messed up. It's something that has we have to live with for now... hopefully sometime in our lifetime this will change. However, bringing in more of a variety of guns doesn't really solve the problem. It's nice for us but airsoft still has to dribble through the correct channels to get here.

And yes, you can rant. However, if you rant, expect some kind of response (whether it be good or bad or whatever).
Old February 10th, 2009, 22:50   #86
Alexei

Very Good point. But I want that Draganov so bad!
Old February 10th, 2009, 22:50   #87
The Saint

Alex, please calm down and stop acting like angry drunk. We're not obligated to humour your ranting nor your textual abuses.
Old February 10th, 2009, 22:52   #88
Alexei

What abuses how did I abuse anyone?
Old February 10th, 2009, 22:53   #89
mcguyver

Quote:
some of you guys are so fucking arrogant.
And who would that be?

Old February 10th, 2009, 22:54   #90
pusangani
Official ASC "Dumb Ass"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Alex, please calm down and stop acting like angry drunk. We're not obligated to humour your ranting nor your textual abuses.
i dont think he's really that angry in reality
pusangani is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion