Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

SG550 metal body

:

Airsoft Guns Discussion

Old July 1st, 2008, 14:30   #1
Disco_Dante

SG550 metal body

Does anyone know if a hurricane sg552 metal body will fit on a JG or TM sg550? I assume they would, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, does anyone except hurricane make a sg550 metal body? I'm asking because the hurricane metal body is $200 in the US, and I shudder to think what it would cost after being imported.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 16:08   #2
GundamGPO3

Send a message via MSN to GundamGPO3
Hi there, I recently purchased a JG SG550, and was wondering the same things your are. I have a TM 552, and from what I can tell, all 3 models have interchangeability with all parts. I think on the JG model, however, the burst fire selection is removed. Also I have found that the Hurricane body is roughly $170 USD and yes shipping is the real killer of that price. My plan for my JG 550 is to interchange as much out of my 552 as I can, just for performance reasons. Although I understand that the default power is 350fps....which is quite astonishing for how cheap it is. I plan on getting most of this done within the month, and getting out in the field to try it out for myself. This all being said, I hope we can learn a lot about this rifle's potential together
Old July 2nd, 2008, 16:15   #3
Disco_Dante

Did you buy from an Asian site? I wasn't aware that any American sites had this weapon in yet.

Also, I'm not afraid to spend $200 on the metal body, but in Canada our customs will seize the body if I try and import it, so I need to pay out the ass for a special importer to bring it into the country.

Can you comment on the quality of the gun? Maybe write a review for Airsoft Canada on it?

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Old July 2nd, 2008, 16:52   #4
weirdguy

The JG 550 is just a 552 with a longer front end, has the same bolt as the 552. I have seen the metal bodies on the TM 550 and it works but there is no marking for burst.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 17:34   #5
Disco_Dante

I don't need burst markings because the JG doesn't have a burst capability.

Old July 2nd, 2008, 21:48   #6
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco_Dante View Post
I don't need burst markings because the JG doesn't have a burst capability.
Yes, and the JG just uses a 552 body in the first place so you will be fine.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 22:18   #7
Fly 9

Send a message via MSN to Fly 9
JGs are TM clones. The metal body will fit on Sig 55x series as they're all the same body.
They're not cheap. I've looked into getting one and decided against it as the stock plastic sig bodies are pretty durable and sturdy and, unless you have to replace it, I'd suggest sticking with it.

Last edited by Fly 9; July 2nd, 2008 at 22:21..
Fly 9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2008, 23:35   #8
GundamGPO3

Yes I purchased mine from gunnerairsoft.com. I haven't gotten my package yet, but when I do, I will be sure to write a review. I'm a huge sig fan, but hey, if you want to read an awesome review on this gun, check this out...

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums...3896.msg656775
Old July 2nd, 2008, 23:39   #9
GundamGPO3

I've also heard that the motor that comes stock with the JG is AMAZING, so I've decided against putting my TM motor in it to start with. The only complaint I have heard is an accuracy issue due to a poor hop-up rubber. Easily replaced of course...but I think if this gun is promising enough, I will go ahead and put a 6.01mm inside just for experimental purposes.

I am a sniper on my team, and I have kind of moved away from the AEGs for my R700 and APS rifles, one being gas, and the other spring....however I have modded my M41 into an AEG sniper and it works amazing, so I'll give it a try with this rifle for sure.

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Guns Discussion