Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Snaiperskaia Vintovka Dragunova SVD Thread

:

Airsoft Media

Old November 24th, 2014, 00:22   #1
GMoney

Snaiperskaia Vintovka Dragunova SVD Thread

I grew to liking the SVD Sniper Rifle while paying Metal Gear Solid, not sure what it was about that gun...just the way it looked.
I had been interested in buying a SVD for awhile, but at the local Army Navy shop, its just a little to expensive, so I had been looking around for SVDs second hand, found one, but it was already sold, and had been in contact with a guy from the local NSA (Nova Scotia Airsoft) group about one he was selling.

I bought it off him for $250, and now, I shall stop buying airsoft stuff for awhile lol as I already spent more than I should have these last few months, but anyway, so as a package deal from him, I got the SVD, gun case, scope, 1 mag (200 rounds) battery and charger, plus LOTS of BBs,

I had also been meaning to buy a gun case, so in a way this was 2 birds with one stone. But anyway, ON WITH THE PICTURES!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2046.JPG (754.1 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2047.JPG (740.6 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2049.JPG (516.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2057.JPG (949.7 KB, 8 views)
GMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 00:51   #2
GR

Looks really nice...

Guessing an AEG from the wire visible in the handguard in the first pic?
GR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 08:30   #3
GMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR View Post
Looks really nice...

Guessing an AEG from the wire visible in the handguard in the first pic?
Yes sir. Always been a fan of bolt action sniper rifles, but the SVD has semi and full auto...which kinda seems pointless..it's a rifle not a machine gun lol.
But the real SVD is the same way.
It was used by the Warsaw Pact nations and still used today by satellite nations.
The mag holds roughly 200 rounds.
And she's quite heavy, and quite long too. By far my favorite gun I've got.
Old November 24th, 2014, 10:33   #4
Disco_Dante

The real SVD does not have a full auto function.

Not for glory, nor riches, nor honours, but for freedom alone, which no good man gives up except with his life.
Disco_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 12:02   #5
GMoney

Yes the SVD is only semi...Dragonov also has a bullpup version which I mistook it for.
Old November 24th, 2014, 13:08   #6

Yup, SVU-A/AS is select fire which is really strange. I guess just in case if shooter unexpectedly runs into enemy at very close range.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 13:24   #7
GMoney

One thing that's gonna take sone getting used to is the size of this thing. It's so big and it's quite heavy compared to my other guns.
Don't have any loadouts one up yet, but will probably have a Russian type PMC kinda outfit for my SVD.
I think I will be doing a Solid Snake cosplay as well for Hal-Con next year with this SVD. We shall see.
Old November 24th, 2014, 13:32   #8

Long means good range and accuracy Check out SVD version of Smersh system made by SSO. System is modular and pretty comfortable to wear. It has tons of different pouches available and is being used by real soldiers for long, long time now. Smersh can also be easily modified to be used with AK's, RPK's, PKM's without buying whole new setup. It's not cheap but totally worth it and will probably last your entire airsoft carrier.
Old November 24th, 2014, 13:36   #9
GMoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Long means good range and accuracy Check out SVD version of Smersh system made by SSO. System is modular and pretty comfortable to wear. It has tons of different pouches available and is being used by real soldiers for long, long time now. Smersh can also be easily modified to be used with AK's, RPK's, PKM's without buying whole new setup. It's not cheap but totally worth it and will probably last your entire airsoft carrier.
I shall definately take a look. But I think I'm done buying airsoft guns for awhile lol. Spent WAY to much money on everything I bought lol.
Thanks for the info.
How goes the airsofting in your neck of the woods?
Old November 24th, 2014, 13:48   #10
Desmodus
Mexifaggot

Quote:
+1 To this.

My SMERSH harness is probably the best rig I've ever invested in. It's super rugged, extremely comfortable and carries exactly what you need. Well worth the money, and beyond!

Primaries: LCT AK74MN w/SKTBR, VFC M4 SOPMOD Block 2
Secondary: Latino heat, TM Glock 17
Desmodus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2014, 14:08   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoney View Post
I shall definately take a look. But I think I'm done buying airsoft guns for awhile lol. Spent WAY to much money on everything I bought lol.
Thanks for the info.
How goes the airsofting in your neck of the woods?

Modern themed airsoft is always growing in my area from what I can see, all sorts of events happening all the time. Run and gun types, milsim types, zombie games
I only do WW2 these days but still interested in some invite only modern themed games due to change of interest and lack of time. I'm more interested in reenactment than modern milsim or just run and gun type of play. Airsoft rifle is just another part of my impression I could do just fine without. If my AEG goes down I'd still do my thing and enjoy the event or borrow bolt action Kar98 from someone and experience what it means to be outgunned by every single Allied troop
Btw, you cannot ever be done with buying guns/gear Airsoft is more addictive than crack
Old November 24th, 2014, 15:51   #12
GMoney

Quote:
Modern themed airsoft is always growing in my area from what I can see, all sorts of events happening all the time. Run and gun types, milsim types, zombie games
I only do WW2 these days but still interested in some invite only modern themed games due to change of interest and lack of time. I'm more interested in reenactment than modern milsim or just run and gun type of play. Airsoft rifle is just another part of my impression I could do just fine without. If my AEG goes down I'd still do my thing and enjoy the event or borrow bolt action Kar98 from someone and experience what it means to be outgunned by every single Allied troop
Btw, you cannot ever be done with buying guns/gear Airsoft is more addictive than crack
Thats the reason I bought my m1a1 Thompson. I do WWII living history. I portray a soldier in the west nova scotia regiment.
Old November 24th, 2014, 18:28   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMoney View Post
Thats the reason I bought my m1a1 Thompson. I do WWII living history. I portray a soldier in the west nova scotia regiment.
Good, good. Click the link in my signature. Lots of info there. Good people too.
Old January 4th, 2015, 18:02   #14
GMoney

So I finally got around to attaching the PSO-1 (KA-22) scope for this rifle, and holy god....After a stressful 45 minutes or so, I finally got the scope on. Watched a few Youtube videos and it seemed so much easier in the videos. Had to introduce a hammer to help me out.
But here it is. She looks so much prettier with her scope on.

Now...What should I name her?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF3073.JPG (1.33 MB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF3077.JPG (1.36 MB, 12 views)
Old January 4th, 2015, 19:15   #15
GR

That is an awesome looking SVD in the 2nd picture...
GR is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media