Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

How many bb's do you go per round?

:

Newbie Tank

Old July 5th, 2010, 13:02   #16
Tankdude

Depending on length of game, 1-5 mags worth.

200 rounds will be fine for a milsim or skirmish, just don't get trigger happy and pick your shots. I once played a game with a single locap and a speed loader, other games I have carried 18 locaps and had fun filling windows with bb's.

In truth you want to carry as much as you can, "you can never carry too much ammo"
Tankdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 13:05   #17
Brian McIlmoyle
8=======D

Standard loadout for most infantry is 300- 360 rounds , 10-12 x 30

Due to the weight of most GBBR mags approaching ( and in some cases) exceeding RS weight) most AS players find the loadout weight onerous .. and run fewer mags and carry loose ammo .. but then fail to realize that the mags take gas as well a bbs

you will pretty much eliminate the weight / Bulk benefits of running fewer mags by having to carry the gas can with you..

get enough mags to carry 300 or so rounds and you should be fine for most enagements
Toronto Downtown Age Verifier

OPERATION WOODSMAN

If the tongue could cut as the sword does, the dead would be infinite
Brian McIlmoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 13:08   #18
Tsquared
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Tsquared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post

Due to the weight of most GBBR mags approaching ( and in some cases) exceeding RS weight) most AS players find the loadout weight onerous .. and run fewer mags and carry loose ammo .. but then fail to realize that the mags take gas as well a bbs

you will pretty much eliminate the weight / Bulk benefits of running fewer mags by having to carry the gas can with you..

get enough mags to carry 300 or so rounds and you should be fine for most enagements
Yeah, right now I'm really just trying to figure out how many mags I need(since they are quite costly). I'm coming from paintball, and trying to avoid heavy weight on myself..
Tsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 13:10   #19
R.I.T.Z
Crackers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
That question really depends on the style of play, the objectives, the target environment (is it rich or lean) and time engaged. I've played 7 hours and expended not a single round and I've gone through several bags at public games. Its situation, but, always take more than you think you'll need and it won't be an issue.

... and thats why we're such good friends RITZ... lol...
bb retailers love me, i'm just waiting for you to produce 5000 round bags as a more cost effective option for me.

as much ammo as possible, in mags that can be interchangeable with the team. (m4's usually work) nothing worse then being in a fire fight asking everyone around you for a mag only to get a g36 or an ak mag handed to you
R.I.T.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 13:13   #20
DanoftheDead

I use three 150bb midcap mags for my AK and only run out when I get too trigger happy... or if the game goes a long time. It mostly depends on your play style. I've seen people take 6+mid caps and come out empty.
DanoftheDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2010, 13:20   #21
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian McIlmoyle View Post

Get enough mags to carry 300 or so rounds and you should be fine for most enagements
Brian is pretty spot on, the only thing I would add is that you need to carry enough ammo to be effective. Remember not everyone uses real or low-caps. Alot of players use mid-caps and even hi-caps. If your opposition is just spraying bb's at you (it happens) and you only have 1 or 2 mags you may not feel competative. Granted its the player not the gun, but rate of fire does contribute.
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Newbie Tank