Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

USP - Meet Your Match

:

Showcase

Old March 9th, 2010, 05:19   #16
gotchya24

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
The steel slide is a lot heavier than the stock metal slide, or the SD aluminum slide. The blow-back will be a lot stronger with steel, but it'll be a lot slower to return to battery. Not that you can't just use it like that, for me it needs to have snappy return. The upgraded spring in the market are meant to use with aluminum slide....steel needs something stronger...
yeah i noticed it was slower than stock...but does it wear down the gun at all if you use steel slide with stock springs?
gotchya24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2010, 02:12   #17
kullwarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
The steel slide is a lot heavier than the stock metal slide, or the SD aluminum slide. The blow-back will be a lot stronger with steel, but it'll be a lot slower to return to battery. Not that you can't just use it like that, for me it needs to have snappy return. The upgraded spring in the market are meant to use with aluminum slide....steel needs something stronger...
Sorry to dig up the thread

150% Shooter Design Recoil Spring Set will work. It will be snappy like before....But problem again. When I used the 150% recoil spring on KSC Metal slide, 25rnd bb dump slide wouldnt lockback, reason? simply too strong. Shooter Design Slide w/ 150% works, however, it locks back less often. Why? simply because the gas pressure. You would probably need to use red gas or something stronger like R448a to make use of the steel slide and 150% recoil spring..

In short:
Heavier Slide = Decrease slide return, Increase Gas consumption
Stiffer Spring = Fast Slide return, decrease slide lock (tension will push slide to return prematurely when gas isn't the same pressure as first shot)

Use both = Regular Slide return (atleast for SD slide), Dramatic gas consumption increase, same rate of slide return.

I'm still considering whether I should get the RA-Tech slide or not (it would be silver version of course)
Old March 21st, 2010, 13:11   #18
RacingManiac

Thats the same problem with just about any GBB(rifles too). So far my Guarder Steel TM Glock works ok(running on a 200% recoil spring that came with it, can shoot ~60+ round and locks back), but a glock slide simply doesn't weight that much, and its BBU volume and size is similar to that of a Hi-Capa. The USP slides are much bulkier...

My Arnies' Album
My PBase Album
Custom Pistol Whore...
RacingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Airsoft Media > Showcase