:

How To

Old November 16th, 2010, 07:32   #16
thpethalK
ksuechuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedom View Post
I load my ammo like real steel, one by one...jk
Me too, I like to realcap my mags, so I wanna know exactly how many are going in the mag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyissue View Post
Saying that you are trying to prevent bad Airsoft publicity while generating negitave Airsoft publicity on a nationally monitored Firearm web site is like fucking for Virginity.
thpethalK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 09:17   #17
Duckman

electric loader if you can find one. as simple as filling a gbb mag with gas.
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:09   #18
sundae_1021

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedom View Post
I load my ammo like real steel, one by one...jk
That's what I'm doing too!

HATERS GONNA HATE
sundae_1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:23   #19
L473ncy

If you want to load your mags to certain capacities "stick and tube" is perfect.

Lets say you're playing a realcap game and you only have low or midcaps. If you use a "speedloader" I've personally found they have a tendancy to "skip" BB's (ie. 1 push is not always 3 BB's, it might only be 1 or 2 BB's sometimes).

Anyways.... one problem however is that the plastic stick and tube are shit IMO, they always end up breaking. So what someone suggested once (I think this was like a year or two ago) was that if you have an extra inner barrel just measure out "30" BB's worth of length and make a cut. You now have a sturdy stick and tube loader that you know for sure will give you 30 BB's every time. Also I forget the technical name for it but if you also make the end of one side of the barrel wider (by "jamming" some sort of conical/tapered bit in the end to get that kind of shape it should slightly facilitate with loading BB's into the tube).

Other than that, can't beat the pistol mag speedloaders and they're like $9 anyways. (Although I think TM makes a $25 one that's in the shape of an M16 mag).
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:31   #20
VooDooPeteK

Quote:
Originally Posted by L473ncy View Post
. So what someone suggested once (I think this was like a year or two ago) was that if you have an extra inner barrel just measure out "30" BB's worth of length and make a cut. You now have a sturdy stick and tube loader that you know for sure will give you 30 BB's every time.
Might want to go 33 or 34 as most mags will not feed the last few

but yea for a certain number this works great
VooDooPeteK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:52   #21
m102404
Tys

Handy loading tips...(might not all be applicable right off the bat...but when you end up with multiple AEGs/etc...it might be helpfull)

1. Put your bag of BBs into a much larger ziploc bag...keeps the loss of BBs due to spills and oopsies to a minimum. Anyone who has tipped over their bag of BBs while loading can appreciate this. OR...if you just load at a table between skirmishes....dump them all into a rubbermaid/kitchenaid tub. Lable it with the brand and weight of BB...or write it on a piece of paper and toss it into the baggie.

2. Get a loader for each brand/weight of BB....if you go between indoor and outdoor alot and use different weight BBs for different rifles (i.e. my PTW loves 0.30's and my gas rifle prefers 0.28's)...then having a loader for each is really convenient....lable it with a sticker. If you're big baggie (see above) is large enough...you can just toss your loader into the baggie and then the loader and BBs are always together and readily at hand.

3. Tuck a spare little loader into your kit bag or spare stuff box...it'll be handy in a pinch...for you or for some dummy that forgets his on game day and wants to "borrow" a loader...you may never see that loader again, and I guarantee you'll never see the BBs that were in it again

4. If you're using a loading rod (clear tube with a plunging stick)...just wrap a piece of tape around 30 rounds, 100 rnds, etc...It'll make it really easy to load mags to specific capacities when you want to do that. Jamming more BBs into a mag than it's supposed to take is a great way to smush the springs in them...and they'll get weak and not feed well. Loading tubes are great for reloading grenades.

5. Empty your mags completely after games when you're packing your stuff away. Dump the BBs from the mag into the big baggie (not the small one since you're going to spill it and then all your BBs are rolling around on the floor )...then dump 'em back into the small baggie when you're done. It's also a good way to check that you haven't gotten a lot of grit, sand, crap into your mags/BBs...you can clean them off before you dump them back into your little baggie of pristine BBs.

6. Get a feel for how many BBs your loader will spit out with each press. Mine does 4 pretty reliably...sometimes 3 if I don't give it a shake every now and then. So 25 presses = 100rnds...8 presses = 32. If a game is ammo limited (say 300rnds total), but not real cap...then I'll just do each mag to 25 presses and take 3 mags out at a time. If a game is real cap...I'll just do each mag 8 presses. Some might get the full 32...some might get 28-29...doesn't really matter in the end.

And....I suppose a little bottle of BBs is technically a loader...if you're using a HiCap mag! LOL
m102404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:02   #22
Amos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelusNex View Post
Couldn't disagree more, TM and KA, I've seen fall into a million pieces days after purchase. The best speedloaders I've owned (and had 2 last about 5 years now) are the ones that come with cheapo clearsoft guns.
Yup. I agree with this. I've seen the TM and KA loaders fall to shit within a few months..

I've been using the same loader I got with an AGM MP40 over 2 years ago lol
G3SD6
Amos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:09   #23
coach
aka coachster

If you use different weights for your primary and secondary or if you use a different weight for a backup weapon, try to remember what weight you're using before unloading mags into a baggie! my grenade ammo has greatly increased over the past couple months because I keep forgetting I'm running .28's in my gbbr, .3's in pistols and .25's and .28's in various AEG's.

Also, label, label, label. You can't believe how much it sucks making a black white tracer mix (0.25's) and realizing that you grabbed a bag of .28 whites and .25 blacks. Grenade ammo doubled after that mix up. lol

I prefer using a hand loader for grenades. 4.5 pumps per tube and one above the oring will fall out. Much faster than a loading tube for me but YMMV.

Auto loaders are great when they work. Most of them have an inferior bushing on one of the gears. It's a simple fix but one that you need to do by adding a washer or small nut to reinforce the plastic molded bushing. Also, avoid using smaller BB's. I won't name brands but there is one in particular that I managed to get 2 stuck between the teeth of the main feed gear and broke a tooth. The electric loader is now garbage but I'm playing a lot more real capped games now so an auto loader is pointless in short loading low and mid caps. Real cap mags are fine though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m102404 View Post
And....I suppose a little bottle of BBs is technically a loader...if you're using a HiCap mag! LOL
quoted for future sig!
coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2010, 17:40   #24
DoctorBadVibez

Location: Scarborough, Unionville, Stouffville and on a Benetti
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaisinBran View Post
While you're waiting for the speed loader, your AEG should have came with a Ghetto Speed Loader (tube and stick)
Thats merely not ghetto enough, two words.... BENDY STRAW!
Old December 8th, 2010, 20:19   #25
Shell Shock

pen tube and the ink tube !!! its ghetto-rific! (used that for 3 months!)

2-Bit Photographer
Shell Shock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 20:27   #26
Eeyore
Suburban Gun Runner

I currently use a KA M4 style loader and its complete shite. I have a little screw driver that I have to keep attached to it because it jams all the time and I have to open it up. Avoid KA!, (loaders, KA guns are epic)
http://i.imgur.com/wBfBB.gif
Eeyore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 13:18   #27
Reckless

yeah the crappy tire loaders that come with some of their clearcrap (like the shotgun) best ones I've had so far... cept they went... missing....

Quote:
"SIR!, you've gone mad with power!"
"Ofcourse I have, you ever gone mad without power, it's useless, no one pays any attention"
The Cavalry Comes
Reckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2011, 15:26   #28
ThunderCactus
Not Eye Safe, Pretty Boy Maximus on the field take his picture!

You can mod the 470rnd KA speed loaders to work well, their agitator comes out too far and BB's often get jammed behind it.
I've had my TM 470rnd speedloader for 4 years now, still works great.
ThunderCactus is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Doctor's Corner > How To