Airsoft Canada
https://blackblitzairsoft.myshopify.com/

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Official I hate Canada postal service thread!!!

:

General

Closed Thread

Old August 13th, 2015, 01:01   #1141
Danke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyEyes View Post
We're not talking about ETA, we're talking about CONFIRMED PARCEL DELIVERY according to the tracking info.

So for the first time, please read before defending something that was an obvious fuck-up.

I've never had a parcel that was marked as "delivered" until AFTER the mailman came to my house, and after an hour or two it gets updated. There is absolutely NO reason for Canada Post to mark something as delivered BEFORE it's even been put out.

AFAIK, CP DOES have frequent updates that are close to real-time, but it's usually an hour or two delay which is reasonable.
Confirmed parcel delivery would be his name and a scan of his signature. Is that what was on his screen?
Old September 9th, 2015, 17:46   #1142
volteco

I am not able to track packages from Hong Kong for at least a month now, Canadapost website and the android app both say "Tracking by Canada Post is not a feature for this product." Usually tracking starts working as soon as the package arrives in Canada, but now even for those that already have been delivered tracking doesn't work. Can't find the answer anywhere, tried calling their customer service, they were less than helpful, they didn't even want to accept they have an issue.
I know occasionally, tracking doesn't work but not like now. Does anyone know what is going on or is it just me? Packages within Canada/US I can track fine.
Old September 9th, 2015, 18:37   #1143
ARC-74
Can't Aim worth a damn!! old lady gives me heck for missing the toilet all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volteco View Post
I am not able to track packages from Hong Kong for at least a month now, Canadapost website and the android app both say "Tracking by Canada Post is not a feature for this product." Usually tracking starts working as soon as the package arrives in Canada, but now even for those that already have been delivered tracking doesn't work. Can't find the answer anywhere, tried calling their customer service, they were less than helpful, they didn't even want to accept they have an issue.
I know occasionally, tracking doesn't work but not like now. Does anyone know what is going on or is it just me? Packages within Canada/US I can track fine.
It's not just you. I have had the same thing happen ever since they did their website"maintenance"......
Old September 11th, 2015, 16:04   #1144
volteco

Update: Called them today again, and finally got something. Apparently, due to the international postal union decision that was made recently, we can no longer track any international inbound registered mail on Canadapost website, because of privacy concerns. We can however call Canadapost service and get the current status of an item. How "cool" is that? Applies to all tracking numbers that start with letter R.
Old September 11th, 2015, 16:57   #1145
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:
Originally Posted by volteco View Post
Update: Called them today again, and finally got something. Apparently, due to the international postal union decision that was made recently, we can no longer track any international inbound registered mail on Canadapost website, because of privacy concerns. We can however call Canadapost service and get the current status of an item. How "cool" is that? Applies to all tracking numbers that start with letter R.
https://www.17track.net/en/
Old September 15th, 2015, 14:09   #1146
volteco

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
Interesting tool, but it still doesn't give the tracking information within Canada.
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:18   #1147
RainyEyes

I live in Scarborough. I'm trying to send a parcel to Manitoba.

THEN WHY THE FUCK IS IT OUT FOR DELIVERY IN SCARBOROUGH!?

I swear this is the latest and worst CP fuck-up where they send my parcel back to my own house even when it's specifically typed and printed to be sent to Manitoba.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Old February 23rd, 2016, 11:28   #1148
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Quote:

I live in Scarborough. I'm trying to send a parcel to Manitoba.

THEN WHY THE FUCK IS IT OUT FOR DELIVERY IN SCARBOROUGH!?

I swear this is the latest and worst CP fuck-up where they send my parcel back to my own house even when it's specifically typed and printed to be sent to Manitoba.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
another reason why i never put my return address, bunch of trolls :P
Old February 23rd, 2016, 17:06   #1149
RainyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioRage View Post
another reason why i never put my return address, bunch of trolls :P
Found the package at home. They put my postal code instead of the recipient's even though it said clear as day TO and FROM =_=

Apparently I had switched the two around. Lesson learned: from should always be on the top and to on the bottom. HOWEVER! The clerk at the post office made the mistake as well, as I was informed by a different clerk at the office I wasn't fed up with, since she didn't read the address and notify me that the format was wrong.

Last edited by RainyEyes; February 23rd, 2016 at 17:44.. Reason: censoreship/correction
Old February 23rd, 2016, 20:55   #1150
White_Tiger117

Apparently my order from Canadapost is currently on scheduled to show up...........5 hours ago............. GG my gun isn't even in my area yet.......
Old February 23rd, 2016, 23:06   #1151
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
Quote:
Found the package at home. They put my postal code instead of the recipient's even though it said clear as day TO and FROM =_=

Apparently I had switched the two around. Lesson learned: from should always be on the top and to on the bottom. HOWEVER! The clerk at the post office made the mistake as well, as I was informed by a different clerk at the office I wasn't fed up with, since she didn't read the address and notify me that the format was wrong.
No, the FROM address should be in the upper left corner of the package or letter. The TO address should be centered in the middle.
There are Canada Post addressing standards, you should look them up.

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old February 23rd, 2016, 23:11   #1152
White_Tiger117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
No, the FROM address should be in the upper left corner of the package or letter. The TO address should be centered in the middle.
There are Canada Post addressing standards, you should look them up.
I thought they where common sense IF you want a real laugh........

Old February 24th, 2016, 01:51   #1153
Styrak

Send a message via MSN to Styrak
What's funny about that?

Airsoft Sales and Repair/Upgrade Services
Old February 24th, 2016, 02:36   #1154
Curo
Cobalt Caliber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrak View Post
What's funny about that?
This, item goes from post office in Scarborough, to sorting facility in Mississauga, and is now in transit, thats normal. Everything working properly.
Old February 24th, 2016, 14:00   #1155
White_Tiger117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curo View Post
This, item goes from post office in Scarborough, to sorting facility in Mississauga, and is now in transit, thats normal. Everything working properly.
Look at the Date for Delivery :P

Plus the fact it isn't here..........
Closed ThreadTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General