Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Really bad idea!

:

General

Old April 16th, 2016, 08:04   #1
Foxx

Send a message via MSN to Foxx
Angry Really bad idea!

A new Airsoft group called "Airsoft's little warriors" was posted yesterday on a Quebec Airsoft page. They seem to be located in Laprairie, Qc, for kids over 10 years of age. The group purpose is to "teach" airsoft and security to young kids so they can play and have fun. There's a video on their page that tells what distance is safe to play around your house as well as several pictures of kids playing in public. I've been arguing against the idea on Facebook but it seems people are defending this kind of behavior. Is this what airsoft has become?

https://www.facebook.com/petitsguerriersairsoft/
Old April 16th, 2016, 08:28   #2
hollywood...
cranky old man

Alert the local Law Enforcement
Old April 16th, 2016, 08:46   #3
Ricochet
How much sand CAN you fit in your vagina!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood... View Post
Agreed. This needs to be stopped, it is setting a terrible example. Who's running this shit show, an adult? Someone needs to give their head a shake. If these kids want to play with guns in public, they've got water and nerf, Airsoft can stay at an appropriate facility.
Old April 16th, 2016, 08:58   #4
Foxx

Send a message via MSN to Foxx
I was arguing with an airsoft photographer/player named Yanick Barils on a Facebook page he owns and on which he posted this group and was banned the second I said I would share this with Airsoft Canada. He isn't the adult supervising this group of player though. The person supervising the group is called Jean-Luc Tessier.
Old April 16th, 2016, 09:23   #5
MultipleParadox

I see no issues in kids playing while being supervised;

but those photos tells a whole different story

How the hell can someone (an adult at that) can think it's a good idea to bring a bunch of kids and have them run around the house in a neighborhood like pictured?

GBBR- bang bang -- Giggle

AEG-- merrrzip merrzip -- meh
MultipleParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 09:24   #6
_Whiskey_

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood... View Post

1+ on that sir. This should not be allowed to continue.
_Whiskey_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 09:35   #7
Sentenced2Burn

Their reasoning seems to be "Well we tried taking them to the local fields but they say nobody under 18 years". Well then, drive little Timmy and his friends way out in the woods if you absolutely have to, and get a permit or something equivalent so they can play safely away from the public.

Also, most fields I've been to is totally fine with kids under 18, as long as there is parental supervision. I think the parents just don't want to pay field-fees or something and would rather let the kids run around the neighbourhood for free instead.
Old April 16th, 2016, 09:52   #8
BioRage

Send a message via Skype™ to BioRage
Who parks a semi parked on their driveway?

Oh right.. +1 to law enforcement
BioRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 10:28   #9
Kokanee
Ministry of Peace

Yeah, just alert local law enforcement... better yet, wait until they are playing then act dumb and call in a 911 call about "people running around with rifles in the streets".. THAT will get some action going.
Kokanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 10:40   #10
Sentenced2Burn

I hope it doesn't ruin it for the kids. Maybe all they really need is an officer to come down, and speak to them calmly about proper regulations and safety measures/appropriate places to play.

I think their hearts are in the right place, but they lack a little understanding as to how seriously the safety/control measures of airsoft should be taken (they probably equate airsoft to playing "cops and robbers" when they were kids).

I'd like to see a solution that corrects the problem without destroying their fun and stomping all over their enthusiasm.
Old April 16th, 2016, 10:51   #11
Red Dot
Google level: BOSS

All for kids learning with adults but that is super irresponsible allowing rifles to be see/used in public.

I would call the local police non-emergency line and inform them of all the information you have found out, I feel bad for the kids in that instance but this is not a hobby to be played in the public.
Red Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 10:58   #12
Cliffradical
butthurt for not having a user title

Yeah, I don't care about these people's feelings. Call the police.
Cliffradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2016, 11:15   #13
hollywood...
cranky old man

Ya - let's see who's feelings get hurt once a kid gets shot!
Old April 16th, 2016, 11:34   #14
TaktikAirsoft
formerly moogy

Send a message via Skype™ to TaktikAirsoft
Good day ASC members

We would like to take a moment to add to the conversation. These pictures have been posted by a group of parents that would like to teach theirs kids about airsoft and responsibilities. These pictures have been posted before we met the parents. We had a good conversation about the law, rules and public responsibility. Which is why they now play in a closed and controlled environment that is insured and supervised.

As all of us know airsoft rules and regulations are not easy to come by. There are many interpretations and opinions about our beloved sport. The group of parents showed us interest in going in the right direction. Coaching people to act a certain way is more productive then threatening them. As a parent I understand what they want to do. Create the next generation of responsible airsoft player. We all make mistakes and the ability to learn and move forward is the most important thing. Please provide them with wisdom and guidance as they enter our community.

With respect to the community.
Old April 16th, 2016, 11:39   #15
Matt 'Maverick' Watts

I have no problem with teaching kids about airsoft and responsibilities, I really don't. Almost EVERY city/town in Canada, however, have bylaws in place prohibiting the use of paintball/airsoft/firearms/bows, etc outside of licensed facilities. That means shooting it around your house, in public, is in violation of that, which in turn (thanks to airsoft being classified as 'uncontrolled firearms') opens up the users to federal criminal charges.
If you are going to teach, do so in the proper environment suitable to the activity, using proper safety equipment, with the proper licensing and insurance in place (that only protects you as well as your visitors).
Matt 'Maverick' Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General