Skladfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger_me View Post
The krakens are 10000000% compatible so
Nice
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 08:04   #107
M76

Hi all , I am a noob to airsoft and I have orderd a Aftermath AK for my sons birthday (11yrs old son) and a CA Styer Aug A2 for myself , Are there any pictures of the upgraded Aftermath AK avaible to see?
thank
Gavin
South Africa.
M76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:03   #108
kalnaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by M76 View Post
Hi all , I am a noob to airsoft and I have orderd a Aftermath AK for my sons birthday (11yrs old son) and a CA Styer Aug A2 for myself , Are there any pictures of the upgraded Aftermath AK avaible to see?
thank
Gavin
South Africa.
Wait, you're in South Africa?

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 11:40   #109
M76

Yip Africa that dark area just down south near to antartica , where wild lions walk in the street,and the streets have diamonds and gold lying on the ground and yes till last year we still uses spears to instead of paintball and Airsoft , we have had a problem to date that most people that play , for some reason the teams do not last , small numbers at the best of time ,Hmm maybe its the spear thing.........
Hey only joking , Airsoft is very small in South Africa and is only starting to take off , paintball is buy far must bigger here. I am very lucky as I am a PB wholesaler I can order via NPS the Aftermath products very cheap.You guy's should ask PB suppliers as they can also provid via Tippman as the make airsoft products to.

I am insterested about the Aftermath AK as they have told us they are 100% compatible to TM , of which some people on this thread have stated , I was hoping to see some pictures and also to see a list of internal upgrade that have been installed , like gears ,motors barrels ,springs etc.

Gavin
Old September 23rd, 2007, 14:37   #110
kalnaren

Quote:
Yip Africa that dark area just down south near to antartica , where wild lions walk in the street,and the streets have diamonds and gold lying on the ground and yes till last year we still uses spears to instead of paintball and Airsoft , we have had a problem to date that most people that play , for some reason the teams do not last , small numbers at the best of time ,Hmm maybe its the spear thing.........
Hey only joking , Airsoft is very small in South Africa and is only starting to take off , paintball is buy far must bigger here. I am very lucky as I am a PB wholesaler I can order via NPS the Aftermath products very cheap.You guy's should ask PB suppliers as they can also provid via Tippman as the make airsoft products to.

I am insterested about the Aftermath AK as they have told us they are 100% compatible to TM , of which some people on this thread have stated , I was hoping to see some pictures and also to see a list of internal upgrade that have been installed , like gears ,motors barrels ,springs etc.

Gavin
Cool. You probably won't find too may people here with them, because the cost of airsoft guns in Canada is so high a lot of times it isn't worth buying the lower end stuff, since a TM or CA is usually only $200-$300 more (that's when the cheap stuff costs about $350-$400).

Quote:
"Someone in a Prius tried to race me at a stop sign the other day. I couldn't believe it. I had him for the first 100 feet or so but I can only walk so fast."
kalnaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 16:06   #111
M76

mack_silent
I have heard some good things on the Aftermath guns from the few owner here in South Africa , as it is only wholesaler ( his main makert is PB) , but brings in the Aftermath product , he told me that suddenly he has become inundated with requested for Airsoft guns,As I import with him from NPS ,I asked him to order the AK model for my son as the cost to me is only $110 usd for any of the models land and also asked him to send his Car 15 so I could evaluate the products.
Also a good friend who is the CA agent here in SA has given me advice , do not buy cheat , rather than rush out and buy cheat now , take a bit longer and wait ,then buy the right thing . This advice I also give to people when they want to buy PB goods .Y not look at something second hand and get it cheap and rework the internals look at and well know make ,CA TM G&G....etc

kalnaren thats crazy to pay about the same for cheap product than the high end stuff .Ah well it supply and demand , thanks so far.
gavin
Old September 23rd, 2007, 20:32   #112
Skladfin

Quote:
thank
Gavin
South Africa.
You MIGHT want to think few more times about giving an 11 year old kid a 370FPS Airsoft... No seriously.
Skladfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 02:59   #113
M76

Skladfin thaks for concern ,It's not a problem for him as he has been playing paintball for 2 yrs now so beening shot with airsoft BBs is not as hard, If he saids he does not like airsoft well then I have a extra gun for myself which did not cost me alot , and there for lets me upgrade the gun which works out cheaper.
thanks
gavin
Old September 24th, 2007, 10:18   #114
Greylocks

What might be legal in South Africa is not legal here. Please make sure your advice is not seen as condoning an action that is not proper in another country.
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2007, 11:49   #115
M76

Hi Greylocks, we are very luck here in South Africa , Paintball , airsoft ,pellet guns , are not restricted ,as at one stage the goverment was giong to make laws, after we send Reps to goverment and parliment , they have left us out the gun laws.

Things like , age ownership of markers we are are self regulating , this done buy the suppliers selling PB markers or airsoft in turn regulated by suppliers and field owners as we know there is a very thin line lossing everything.

the only thing by law we are not aloud to import are gerandes , claymore , rocket launchers etc . We have found that as suppliers there is only one gun or marker customs lift there eye brows to is any type of AK ,this is due to the large volumes of real AK's used for bank robbiers , hijacks etc......... other guns/markers there is no problem.
Old September 24th, 2007, 12:53   #116
Greylocks

Well, here it's different, and any advice to the contrary (or comments that sound like it) lets the underaged crowd think it's perfectly fine here too.

There ARE some ways for underaged players to have fun in Canada, but most of them dont even try to follow those ways (or their parents are totally unaware of what is allowed).
Old September 24th, 2007, 13:36   #117
M76

Yup it seems to be starting here to, luck for us the there are a few factors that control the sport , first is the money , all our stuff is imported and our currentice is very weak to the dollar (8 to every $1 ) , second is that rugby , and cricket are by far the biggest sport, adult view PB and airsoft as very expensive toys , and rather would buy the kids real hunting rifle,skatebooard,etc... Aslo till now our country has been stricked on punishment for kids , It may sound that we are hard on our kids ,but it teachs respect to the elders. Anyway , I would how hard it is , I have some good friend and people from our country conatc me alot and inform me about your country.

thanks gavin
Old September 24th, 2007, 14:04   #118
Greylocks

The forums have pinned links to what the current situation is for airsoft and the law. It's all there if you want to try and figure the nonsense out.

Start with the Information Section.

For general info on Canada, I'd start with Google or Wikipedia, or http://www.canada.gc.ca/
Old September 24th, 2007, 17:53   #119
mschilling

I doubt there is much concern in S. Africa over pellet guns or airsoft. My coworker was over there for his wedding and says that people have installed flamethrowers near the drivers door of their cars to thwart off car jackers, serious stuff !
mschilling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2007, 02:31   #120
M76

Greylocks well done great effort from your side I hope it bear's the friuts of your labour.

mschilling In some way you are right , about the flame thrower there was something developed about 5yrs ago which did burn the hijacker not that bad , what happened was it caused a larger ball of gas around the car , think of a plastic bag that you put a controled amount of gas into ,a if it goes off with a bang and a big explotion, burning the hair and eyebrows and hurt pride. You may think it is drastic , but here are the facts and how the hijackers work here , they hit you at the robots , they do not ask you to get out your car , they just shoot you and rape your girlfriend or wife in 90% ,also our demographic in SA and in africa that a large part of the africans group have HIV/aids and the problem a high % of the hijackers have aids , the reason they rape you is to degrade you and can you think what it is like to have a sword over head this is 2 fold the rape and then struggeling with the fact that you may be HIV+, You can go to the slums here and hire a AK47 , $20 life is cheap . Anyway back to car flame thrower that is banned. now for 5yrs.
I could go on expanling what happens here in South AFrica and africa, and if you stayed here you would understand Y you resort to drastic meassure.

I think we have hijacked enough of this thread . If any of you would like any info on South Africa feel free to PM ,I have no problem in telling you anything .
mschilling thanks

So back to the subject at hand Aftermath AK and some upgrade and pictures.

Last edited by M76; September 25th, 2007 at 02:35..
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Information Center > Reviews