Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

Walmart... and SoftAir... 56k Warning.

:

General

Old December 1st, 2006, 00:31   #106
forcerecon85

a bit more back on topic...

i was in a Wal-Mart tonight on the east side of london with airguns locked up tight but with softair on a smaller shelf (i'm assuming for younger kids to reach better) out in the open. i happen to ask a supervisor (or whoever wears the red sash of honour) at the sports counter "If you have to be over 18 to buy a softair why isn't it locked up with the airguns?" and i got "i don't know. i think when its scanned at the checkout the screen will ask the cashier to check the age of the buyer." i'm 21, so i didn't have a little kid to test this theroy.

i'm not against little shtis shooting each other under supervisor and wearing eyewear. my biggest fear is if one of them brings it to school and opens up on some kids at recess, or anything else that would get bad play on the news. the names are different and we're mature but the media won't look at the differences and will cast us the same shadow. i just don't want any bad press preventing me playing because of a few little bastrads fukced up, thats all.

i'd pay for the glass to cram those sh*tair guns behind to prevent anything bad happening. i'd try to talk to an GM or ASM at walmart if i knew it would actually do something about this. sadly i don't think theres anything i can do :banghead:
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:21   #107
deep in the bush
Monkey with a Gun

Send a message via MSN to deep in the bush
i will call if you want too.

I had them change policy before all it takes is a well placed calls from different people and ask politely about it. I had them change parking locations before. They are very receptive to the clients needs when it comes to making them look good.

deep

I'm the Barrie Bastard.
http://www.bbbastard.com/

Cheese is good.
deep in the bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 06:17   #108
Affliction
a.k.a. Fury a.k.a. VipaMave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Identity View Post
No age requirement AT ALL. I was suprised. No wonder we have kids running around parks playing with softair and shooting each other without wearing proper eye gear.
You are still a kid.

Since when did minimum wage workers give half a fuck about store policy? This stuff happens all the time--Why beat the dead horse now?
-VM
Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 09:31   #109
Greylocks

If you want to solve the problem, make this game 18+ for everything. Period. End of ALL legal issues.

Cannot buy, use, own. If it was my call, could never post here either, just read.

No kid ever died from having to read, and that would reduce so much bullshit.

Where IS that 'padded room' the admins were thinking about anyway?
Greylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 21:38   #110
Kos-Mos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik_james View Post
What 18+ person is going to wast there money on something like that anyways?
ops: I did....

To be used in CQB environement where enemy is under the 10m range...
Anyways now it empties the mag (hmm well the thing with bb's inside....) in under 2 sec...changed motor and battery...

Anyways. When I bought that gun, the old lady at the cash asked me an ID to buy the gun, but not for the BBs...(ya I bought 10 000 .12 bb for 20$...to be wasting them around... not that bad...)

Oh by the way... I learned that it is Marushin that is making the clear green bb's they sell at walmart... there is some pub inside the package....kinda weird..
Kos-Mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 04:21   #111
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1911 View Post
realisticly speaking if you put all the marbles together
japan 13 for airsoft
most of erop 14 for sexual acts
germany 14 leagel drinking(beer only)
mexico 16 for cigs
the last one is more historical britten but ya
thease are corect to the best of my knolage i might have the locations wrong
Now then... let's compare societies.

Japan: 13 for airsoft. Have you ever existed and lived in Japan? Do you even understand the COMPLETELY different set of social values that Japanese families and their children have by comparison to the little dirt-bag fucks that are raised in Canada and the USA? You know the one's I'm talking about... the one's that need a double-dose of rittalin before attending school or else they'll try and rip the head off of the class gerbil.

That's a terribly comparison.

As for Europe & their age 14 for sex acts. Well go ahead and enjoy your 14 year olds.

Sorry, but they don't float my boat.

As for the German and Mexican comparions, I simply don't care enough about either of those countries to bother making an argument.
----

Oh, and for the record, out of the TWO Wal-Mart's in Saskatoon, one has the airsoft behind glass & key, while the other across town i the shitty-side of the city (The West side of the city - go figure) has everything out in the open. Great, just what we need in this city, more little fuckers trying to pretend that 'dey ah homie-g mutha's that gunna join da ODP word up y'all nigger' (and don't bother trying to censor my use of the word nigger... if a user on here can have the name 'Mercedes Chink' then I can use the word nigger.

Last edited by Aquamarine; December 2nd, 2006 at 04:23.. Reason: added things RELATED to the topic at hand.
Aquamarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 04:42   #112
mrgruber

well i have to agree with Aquamarine on this one.

And ya the average German 14 year old is more responsible then the average i wish i could be like 50 cent and cap all you fools north american kid. not saying they dont get expossed to the same crap we do. but unlike north america most of the world doesnt think they can do what they want.................oh there i go posting when i need to be sleeping....... dont i have a game in like 7 hours..........
Old December 2nd, 2006, 07:07   #113
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
the one's that need a double-dose of rittalin before attending school or else they'll try and rip the head off of the class gerbil.
I use to be on riddelin. I sware its not that bad as to rip the head of squeekers. I had a few pet gerbils.
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 12:41   #114
Aquamarine
PanSexual

Send a message via MSN to Aquamarine Send a message via Yahoo to Aquamarine Send a message via Skype™ to Aquamarine
It's all in the sociological upbringing and our society is filled with over-reaction, violence, synicism (sp?) and so many negative aspects that fuck kids up horribly. But we accept it and there's not much else we can do about that.
Old December 2nd, 2006, 14:28   #115
shadow1911
Banned

Send a message via MSN to shadow1911
Quote:
It's all in the sociological upbringing and our society is filled with over-reaction, violence, synicism (sp?) and so many negative aspects that fuck kids up horribly. But we accept it and there's not much else we can do about that.
could not have said it better my self
shadow1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 18:30   #116
Aquamarine
PanSexual

We agree on something??

LIAR!
Old December 2nd, 2006, 20:36   #117
Brad01

Quote:
Now then... let's compare societies.

Japan: 13 for airsoft. Have you ever existed and lived in Japan? Do you even understand the COMPLETELY different set of social values that Japanese families and their children have by comparison to the little dirt-bag fucks that are raised in Canada and the USA?

Yikes, I wouldn't trust underage Japanese kids any more than I would underage North Americans.

Check out this site to see what I mean:
http://www.gaijinsmash.net/
Brad01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 00:36   #118
thephenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad01 View Post
Yikes, I wouldn't trust underage Japanese kids any more than I would underage North Americans.

Check out this site to see what I mean:
http://www.gaijinsmash.net/
I would, at least Asian kids get a good beating if they do something wrong and not just sent to your room to play PS2 like NA kids.
thephenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 13:20   #119
SDU_Eric

so does that mean we can all buy those softair guns from Wal-Mart and run around the street/parks waving them to people? That will be a lot more fun than playing in some indoor fields
更願永不折腰

大丈夫一生要經過困難磨練共多少
大丈夫一生要幾次落魄失望與心焦
冷雨狂風歷盡人格更光耀  立地頂天男子心裡磊落不折腰
SDU_Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 21:56   #120
Kuraitenshi

Send a message via MSN to Kuraitenshi
by the sounds of thing it dose and as an added bonus you'll get to piss off a lot of people, you can't lose with soft air!!
But
I'll stick with airsoft and the standard feilds.

Kuraitenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > General > General