Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion
Home Forums Register Gallery FAQ Calendar
Retailers Community News/Info International Retailers IRC Today's Posts

"Sniper" Gear

:

Gear Discussion

Old November 23rd, 2009, 23:34   #76
Steven

Alright sounds good. Totally was going to use Bright pink, but you've persuaded me

Also, I'm going to be shooting 450 FPS, not including the increase from Tightbore, ect
So I'll assume 475. Should i be using .36, or .30? both washed of course.
Steven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 23:52   #77
FOX_111
Le Roi des poissons d'avril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven View Post
Alright sounds good. Totally was going to use Bright pink, but you've persuaded me

Also, I'm going to be shooting 450 FPS, not including the increase from Tightbore, ect
So I'll assume 475. Should i be using .36, or .30? both washed of course.
Be mindfull of your field rules on fps. Normally, your rifle should shoot 450fps using .020g.

But granted that you are allowed more fps, at 475fps I'd recommend using either 0.30g or 0.36g BBs. Depend on your hopup and total rifle.

I'd also recommand you attend a sniper clinic, if one is held in your erea. At those fps, if you are innexperienced, you can be dangerous.

Vérificateur d'âge: Terrebonne
FOX_111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2009, 23:56   #78
Steven

Yeah, our fields limit for bolt action is 500 FPS.

The internals will be almost everything PDI. And i would love to attend one, but i dont think there are any around here.
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:26   #79
lupo

The field limits for the bcac are 450fps max unless you have attended a sniper clinic. There will be one in the new year.
lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 01:33   #80
Steven

Ah, op-for is 500. So i'll bring it down so it reaches 450, that way i can play in both.

Definitely going o attend the sniper clinic though
Old November 24th, 2009, 08:03   #81
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Send a message via MSN to CDN_Stalker
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN__Player View Post
I really did mean how long the gun did last, not the gas But good to know anyways
It still works, it sits in my case untouched. Lol, remember, I only gamed it once for Sniper Hunt II, every other game I use my M24.

AND for Steven, get a Laylax spring, avoid the PDI ones; Feel free to play around with different BB weights and velocities. There's a reason I settled on 400fps w/0.20g and left it that way all this year, even though past years I was running my M24 at 500fps. And you know I use 0.36g BBs to great effect in my rifle at that low fps; If low mounts work with your goggles, scope and cheekweld, go for them. Higher mounts will be required to either allow you a better more comfortable cheekweld, but also to give your objective lense clearance from your barrel. I use high mounts just because I need the clearance but also because of cheekweld. They aren't that much higher than medium, maybe 1/8" to 3/16" higher.

Last edited by CDN_Stalker; November 24th, 2009 at 08:11..
CDN_Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:08   #82
Steven

Ah, sounds good. Also, not using PDI springs is because of their history of being "unnacurate", meaning there not always what their rated? So Laylax/First Factory are much better?
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:21   #83
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Ah, sounds good. Also, not using PDI springs is because of their history of being "unnacurate", meaning there not always what their rated? So Laylax/First Factory are much better?
The ratings are screwed, and are also VERY stiff! Like a 500fps spring will take a lot of strength to cock, almost like cocking a crossbow. The Laylax 150 spring, outputting around 500fps, will be relatively light to pull back.
Old November 24th, 2009, 13:50   #84
Steven

Ah, sounds good. Lightweight bolt pull is definitely a plus. Also, do they make 13mm Springs?
Old November 24th, 2009, 14:21   #85
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Ah, sounds good. Lightweight bolt pull is definitely a plus. Also, do they make 13mm Springs?
7mm spring guide required up to the 130 spring, the 140 and over require a 9mm spring guide. Not sure where you need a 13mm spring, unless you mean 13mm OD for AEG springs (they are generally 11mm ID).
Old November 24th, 2009, 14:30   #86
Steven

http://www.x-fire.org/aps2/e.aps2_spg_9mm.html

It says it needs a 13mm Outer diameter, 11mm inner diameter spring. Sounds specifically PDI springs too.
Old November 24th, 2009, 14:51   #87
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
http://www.x-fire.org/aps2/e.aps2_spg_9mm.html

It says it needs a 13mm Outer diameter, 11mm inner diameter spring. Sounds specifically PDI springs too.
That's just a 9mm spring guide, the 140, 150, 170, etc. springs will fit on it. The higher rated PDI springs will fit on it as well, but you don't want those, especially the 300% spring, it was a brusier! Literally, to cock it I'd have to put the muzzle on my foot, stock into shoulder to be able to cock it. Not fun, or gamable.
Old November 24th, 2009, 15:24   #88
Dirty Deeds

Send a message via MSN to Dirty Deeds Send a message via Yahoo to Dirty Deeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDN_Stalker View Post
That's just a 9mm spring guide, the 140, 150, 170, etc. springs will fit on it. The higher rated PDI springs will fit on it as well, but you don't want those, especially the 300% spring, it was a brusier! Literally, to cock it I'd have to put the muzzle on my foot, stock into shoulder to be able to cock it. Not fun, or gamable.

WADDA DOO YOO NOWW???......

Those that wear the "Tin Foil Hat" stand on guard for thee. All others stand on guard for themselves.

Dirty Deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 15:32   #89
Steven

haha, alright. so im thinking 420-430 FPS rated spring, that way with the Tighbore, it will be around 450. That would be a 240?
Old November 24th, 2009, 17:12   #90
CDN_Stalker
Official ASC Bladesmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Deeds View Post
WADDA DOO YOO NOWW???......
LOL! Prick! Where have you been hiding?

Quote:
haha, alright. so im thinking 420-430 FPS rated spring, that way with the Tighbore, it will be around 450. That would be a 240?
Nah, pick and choose, see what you can get. Buy a bearing spring guide that comes with both 7mm and 9mm shafts, that gives you the freedom to use any spring meant for your gun. Springs (good ones, like the Laylax) comes in meters per second ratings (like good AEG springs), so you'll use basic math of [ahem]Rule of Thumb[/ahem] of 3x the rating to get it into fps (a yard is 36" but a meter is 39"). So the only spring you can buy to give you a velocity of under 450fps is a 140 spring (140x3 is 420), which is hard to find in stgock but should still use the 9mm shaft. Add in a tightbore (+ ~10-15fps) and a bearing spring guide (+ ~10-15fps) and you'll be close to 450fps. Or get a 130 spring (390fps), use the 7mm shaft, might get you around 420.

Now here's the kicker, different hop up rubbers, nozzles, piston heads, etc. will either increase or decrease what your expected output might be. I was trying to get my rifle below 450fps (new local field rules, too many complaints directed at AEG users shooting hot, I got burned as a result too even though never a complaint), so because I didn't want to cut down my 150 spring, I started hacking chunks off my 170 spring (net me 585fps last year the one game I used it) and got it to ~430fps with the RH65 hop up rubber in it. Earlier this year I installed a Guarder Clear rubber, found my fps had dropped to just a hair under 400fps, but because I had an urban type game coming up, 350fps for AEGs and 400fps for sniper rifles, I decided to leave it at 397fps................ and was so impressed with the accuracy and consistancy of it I used my M24 like that ALL this year. Food for thought, eh?

Ok, novel over.
ReplyTop

Go Back   Airsoft Canada > Discussion > Gear Discussion